• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Sniping

wolfhoundtoo

Yup 180 Arc matters for the Guildies who get to share the wealth it can provide. For folks in dead end Guilds i can see they have no idea. Some dont realize what owning a level 80 Arc can do for a player.

Your hilarious that anyone who doesn't play like you must be in a dead end guild.

Ebeondi Asi

You are correct. there are many other ways to play Foe. One reason it is such a great game.
It is my opinion. It doesn't make it true. But I can say (in my opinion) that most anyone in a Guild below the top 250 (by prestige) or so is in a dead end Guild. They just do not know it. Since they never had anything better.* So I yes am saying all those players who are in a tiny guild with no high level arcs are just unaware of all they are missing. I pity them. Maybe eventually they will wake up. But in the meantime they may be having fun anyway, playing Foe as they see it.

* there are players who have dropped down due to Real World needs. and those players just want a very low key easy place to stay for awhile.

But I agree with you 100% that others cannot say how anyone else should play. Players can do as they please and have fun. No one can tell anyone what is 'right or must do' at all. It tends to be forgotten when players are asking questions. All 'advice ' should be thought over and the person reading any advice needs to think on it and see how it fits into their play style.
And thank you I enjoy hilarious. Glad it helped you have a laugh. Way better than jackass. LOL

NWWAkamai

Sorry to mess with your warm fuzzy feeling but the snipers won't care. I currently have over 35K fps invested in other player's GBs and collect a profit averaging over 1000 fps daily. I sniped a player's ARC back in March and he disconnected it from a road to retaliate. He's still playing, it's still disconnected, and my investment is hanging fire. So what? Every time I see it in my listing I laugh. He's only hurting himself and the other people that invested in his GB. The players that sniped your GB will simply wait you out. 1000 fps is no big deal to a serious sniper. It's best to learn from the experience, not unlock levels in the sweet spot until you have investors ready to take P1 and P2, and move on.
Not all snipers are as fortunate as you. They're both low level players. Low level players don't have 35k fp's laying around and I've looked at their cities. This is the GB they're both leveling ahead of the others and it may not bother them either either. I don't care, as I said, it gives me some satisfaction and I have plenty of other GB's that need advancing and I'm going to hold onto theirs til Christmas.

My favorite post this month. Good revenge.
I am not yet at level 42 on any building. Is there a method to prevent this erosion of your FPs on your GBs? If you prime with a full set of priming fps (all at once), will that prevent the situation?
I just powerlevel every GB above 15 to level 69+ because I always find something to snipe with bar FPs. Never had to worry about snipers, especially since I'm in Iron Age.

Not all snipers are as fortunate as you. They're both low level players. Low level players don't have 35k fp's laying around and I've looked at their cities. This is the GB they're both leveling ahead of the others and it may not bother them either either. I don't care, as I said, it gives me some satisfaction and I have plenty of other GB's that need advancing and I'm going to hold onto theirs til Christmas.

Well it sounds like these snipers are stupid. Any sniper who has more than two brain cells knows you go after low-risk targets who aren't attached to a 1.9x thread if your inventory FPs are paltry.

Sharmon the Impaler

I have 12K in and 51K out. 11K is on "dead" GBs and has been said already it is their loss not mine. If I have to wait a year for the return then so what ? The person shelving their GB because of a few hundred FP is losing much more than I am in that period.

jeffj2

I don't see how it is their loss if they let the GBs rot. Or they could quit the game, definitely your loss. I wish I had 12k fps sitting around.

Pericles the Lion

I don't see how it is their loss if they let the GBs rot. Or they could quit the game, definitely your loss. I wish I had 12k fps sitting around.
If it is in the player's interest to level the GB up (it probably is, otherwise why do it?) then the delay will slow them down. I just checked my investments and have 5 GBs that are stale for a total of 251 fps, everything else is current. Risk assessment is not difficult when identifying prospective snipe targets. Snipers expect to lose a few, every loan officer does, but the odds are supremely in their favor.

jeffj2

I agree with you there. I guess the only losses will occur - when people quit the game. You are right that approaching it with a risk assessment.

Meat Butcher

If it is in the player's interest to level the GB up (it probably is, otherwise why do it?) then the delay will slow them down. I just checked my investments and have 5 GBs that are stale for a total of 251 fps, everything else is current. Risk assessment is not difficult when identifying prospective snipe targets. Snipers expect to lose a few, every loan officer does, but the odds are supremely in their favor.
This is very true, I have been doing this a long time, and I am sure I have well over 200k in FP's out there that will never comeback. Players leave the game, Spite Holding, heck sometimes you hit the GB at the same time as another sniper and you come out on the losing end. (always sux)
But the trick is to keep doing it because the wins will far outweigh the losses over time.

Lord Pest

I have 151k fp in my bank. I used to be a big sniper but now I almost never snipe. It’s just not worth it. I‘m leveling my arc and it’s level 138. That gives me a 5.8% profit when aiding at 1.9 in my guild. Zero risk, guaranteed return of capital plus profit.

Johnny B. Goode

I pity them.
This is the arrogance of the SERIOUS player. I pity you for thinking that you're better than casual players because you're SERIOUS about the game. I don't snipe much, but I love it when it's a SERIOUS player who thinks I should put a certain amount on their GB. Talk about hilarious!

Xenosaur

XSL⁶ Arc Stack Costonomics™ - what might it cost me @ 1.9x?
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻⁹⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 14137 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 14137
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁰⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 38878 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 38878
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹¹⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 79082 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 79082
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹²⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 140836 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 140836
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹³⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 232149 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 232149
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁴⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 363204 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 363204
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁵⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 547059 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 547059
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁶⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 800577 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net: 800577
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁷⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 1145261 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net:1145261
Arc⁽⁸⁰⁻¹⁸⁰⁾ ▍GROSS: 1608753 ■ Rebate: 0 █ Net:1608753

Roughly -

Arc 80 to 150 is 550K
Arc 150 to 180 is about 1,000,000 more.

Agent327

It doesn't make it true. But I can say (in my opinion) that most anyone in a Guild below the top 250 (by prestige) or so is in a dead end Guild. They just do not know it. Since they never had anything better.* So I yes am saying all those players who are in a tiny guild with no high level arcs are just unaware of all they are missing. I pity them. But in the meantime they may be having fun anyway, playing Foe as they see it.

Then why should they be missing anything? What makes you so sure they will see it your way once they experience it? They may not like it at all. Rather pretentious to think you know it all. They might pity you.

But I agree with you 100% that others cannot say how anyone else should play.

Then why do you?

*DapperDan*

What cracks me up is how totally out of touch with newbies many people on this forum seem to be. The original poster said: " Very new to game and have been perusing the forum a bit, seen the term "sniping". Not sure what it means, could someone clarify. " The key point is 'VERY NEW" and pages of answers about GB's, ARC's, 1.9, Locking, etc. None of those topics has anything to to with a newbie. We won't see an ARC for months if not longer, We never heard of a
GB or an FP. Try searching those terms on the forum... can't do it. 'too many results'.
I spent days trying to understand the gibberish, only to find out, it has NOTHING to do with me. Ya'll can talk down to us all you like, but it only makes us not want to bother. Someone who is very new to the game has 0 reason to use your 1.9 math on GB upgrades. There is NO benefit to him. He has 20 or so FP a day to use on research and occasionally adding to his GB, or on occasion place on another GB hoping to catch some medals or a blueprint. I understand that next year, maybe I will have a level 80 ARC, and for sure there is a whole new discussion when that happens.
I searched this forum for topics for newbies, and in EVERY case the discussion was taken over by folks that have totally forgotten what life was like before they learned their new language.
I almost wish the forum had different areas where only newbies could go and actually learn what they need to know NOW, not what they might need to learn if they play for 5 years.
I myself have only been playing this game for 16 days. I am just getting my first GB to level 3. I was called a sniper because I put one FP on someone's GB that was in my neighborhood. They had 27 GB's Most were over level 60 some nearer 100. I am CERTAIN my 1 FP didn't take anything away from anyone. I had just seen that quite a few upgrades were done and no one took the 4th or 5th slot before it was completed, to me that is a waste of free resources, and if my one point caught one of those, the reward would change my game considerably.
Folks, try to remember where you came from and either ignore, or talk to the newbies with the understanding that we know NOTHING. How hard is it to say Forge Points, or Great Buildings when answering a newbie. Give us time, we will learn.

Ebeondi Asi

It is not all about you. Not about one person. many players read the forums. Answers are to all those who are interested. So please feel free to take in what you can. and ignore the rest. No problem.
Though agree new players should have a separate forum with baby monitors. Keep their bouncy juicy bottoms from all us sharks who just want a good scream of terror. Along with a mouthful of bloody baby bottom
(it's a joke son, a joke)

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

There are plenty of guides in the guide section of the forum. Try there or you could of simply asked regarding anything you weren't following.

Johnny B. Goode

I was called a sniper because I put one FP on someone's GB that was in my neighborhood.
I have been playing this game for 6+ years. If anyone called you a sniper for putting one Forge Point on a Great Building, then you should ignore them, they're an idiot. Sniping is taking a spot from someone who hasn't put enough on to lock the spot they desire. By definition, that excludes your 1 Forge Point contribution. For example, if a Great Building needed 200 Forge Points for the next level, and someone put 99 on there and then you put 100 on there, you would have sniped them. All this other garbage has to do with the Arc Great Building and the 1.9 nonsense and has nothing to do with actual sniping.

MaryTheBold

Personally, I love it when anyone contributes to my GB's. Saves me FP's and levels them up faster. If they get a profit out of it, we both benefit.
Variables... I mainly like it when they contribute way over the amount I'd received otherwise or situations where one places enough fps or any for that matter that lowers my costs w/o issues by not doing the math or interpreting the dynamics in their attempts to snipe are all lovable. Lots of free fps as a result, works for me.

Checking the flow of ones previous levels helps understand the best places to actually win something from random investing w/o a need to lock. Self levelers are the best gbs and provide the best opportunities to actually win something, especially if one has few resources to lock in otherwise, imo.

Last edited: