• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Season Contestants - How are Guilds matched-up?

I would like to know how Guilds are chosen to be in a particular Battlegrounds Season. Is it random, or does the intra-league strength factor into determining which Guilds are in any particular Season match-up? I do understand that only Diamond League Guilds play in a Diamond League match, Platinum in Platinum match, etc.

Because nowhere in that thread does it address my question. If you can't answer the question, and I suggest you actually read it, and you can't point out exactly where the thread addresses the question, then maybe someone else can help.

Sharmon the Impaler

Because nowhere in that thread does it address my question. If you can't answer the question, and I suggest you actually read it, and you can't point out exactly where the thread addresses the question, then maybe someone else can help.

Follow Chills link and the bottom "Guild Ranking System" is your answer.

Dominator - X

I would like to know how Guilds are chosen to be in a particular Battlegrounds Season. Is it random, or does the intra-league strength factor into determining which Guilds are in any particular Season match-up? I do understand that only Diamond League Guilds play in a Diamond League match, Platinum in Platinum match, etc.
It is based on a ridiculous formula that pits guilds against each other who have similar LP's. It ignores actual guild's strength and abilities. A low DL guild can have a great season against equally strong low LP guilds and advance to high DL and have no business being there. It is a flawed system that needs some serious revamping. "Rumor" has it, it is being redeveloped, but thus far nothing has happened.

Below is the chart:

LeagueLeague Points Range
Copper0-100
Silver101-350
Gold351-650
Platinum651-900
Diamond901-1000

Sledgie

Guilds are sorted first by league, then league points, then randomly if all else is equal. Within a league, maps are assigned from highest points to lowest points.

Sharmon the Impaler

Guilds are sorted first by league, then league points, then randomly if all else is equal. Within a league, maps are assigned from highest points to lowest points.

The problem with that is once in Diamond 1000 points is the highest. The top 4 places give the same amount and hold everyone at 1000 if that is what they started the season with.

Ebeondi Asi

This whole can of worms has been discussed in depth. Why start over with the same stuff disguised as some supposedly new question.
Since the only reason for asking it is the same old problem of a few top Guilds dominate and everyone who is in a weak Guild gets crushed,