• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Negotiating Nonsense

RandomTask

Negotiating with 5 supplies to choose from and 3 turns to get it done. You should be successful 50% of the time At least. Been a while since I did Japan.

1. First turn put down all 5 goods. This will eliminate the goods that are not used. Remember a good can be used in more than 1 slot.
2. Second turn. Move the goods that were in the wrong slot to another slot. If you still have an empty slot move a good thst was in a correct slot to an empty slot.
3. Last turn. Move the goods In the wrong slot into another slot. My suggestio… when it’s down to a 50 50 chance between 2 goods always use the same rule to pick the good. I always pick the good I have less of. But you can also always pick the good you have the most of. It’s shouldn’t matter and over time you’ll guess right 50% of the time.

I just want to add due to the title of this thread. Negotiating is not nonsense it is logic. Use logic when negotiating and you’ll soon be very good at it. It’s really just a puzzle… a version of the mastermind game.
Thanks for the great tips Lord Pest. I think I was just having really bad luck. I came down to that 50/50 split several times and it seemed I was selecting the wrong good each time. I was able to complete the settlement with several days left. Was just using up a lot of my goods which was frustrating.

67Sage101

Accusing a player of lying? I look forward to your apology.
I apologize for the quick assumption that it might be deceptive. I was wrong. Razor does have that many goods. Good for Razor.
Not sure I'd dictate to a player with years experience how to play the game. Leastwise not until I had years of experience under my belt as well.
Nope, not even then.
I'd ask RP about it and hopefully learn something cool, like how to earn hundreds of thousands of Goods. That I'm sure you'll be all excited to donate to your Guild Treasury. You've already decided there is no reason to stockpile Goods, right? I won't ask RP either, seein' as how I've got hundreds of thousands of Goods in all three of my cities as well. Crazy stupid players playing the game the way they want, what's to learn from them?
Agreed. I could learn a thing or two about how to get crazy amounts of goods. Obviously Razor can do anything with the goods Razor wants to. It was merely a suggestion that hardly needed any kind of vehement feedback from anyone. It is so much easier to ignore than to respond and yet here we are.
Now, now. You been runnin' 'round since you got to this forum spewin' bile at long time posters.
Don't seem right for you to be doin' that and then get pissy when someone calls you to task.
You got a right fine Guild and they do a wonderful job, but do you think there is a chance they may not hold all possible wisdom when it comes to running a Guild Treasury?
It's not like you've ever managed a Guild Treasury, right? All you know is what your Guild Leadership, the ones who do the majority of GBG fighting, tell you.
Especially if they indoctrinated you to the point where you think the only option for excess Goods is donating them to the Guild Treasury.
Nope, don't reckon you are in any place to be telling proven players how to play the game or accusing others of lying.

Claiming I spew bile at long time posters seems like an accusation that would need some proof. Anything I have said that was insulting has been deleted... Additionally this is angst from the past brought up in the post which clearly makes part of your comment off topic, and serves to show that really you just don't want me to post anywhere, anytime, for any reason. I personally think that has more to do with your prolific retort than anything terrible I said. Maybe you should just ignore me if you don't like what I have to say.

Lord Pest

Ways to get crazy amounts of goods….
RQs with a high level CF…. The spend x fp quest when donating in the 1.9 thread works great here.
Lots of fights in GBG… in diamond league you get 50 goods when the fight rewards goods.

please add if you can think of more.

Nucky Johnson

It has happened several different places where "negotiation" is suggested as a means of resolving whatever. Invariably the "negotiation" process involves THROWING AWAY useful game values on a process which has no definitive positive outcome. The multiplicity of "judges" of "adequacy" of the "negotiation" offerings and the number of game values being demanded make it stastically impossible to predict any outcome OTHER THAN THEFT OF GAME VALUES by a random process. The whole "negotiating" nonsense reminds me of the brutally offensive "joker" intruded into the "Story" process in at least one of the cities where I've chosen to play. There was never any positive outcome for doing any of the absurd things that the "joker" demanded that a player do.
In the case of the Feudal Japan offshoot from the primary game, this negotiating nonsense appears to be the primary explanation for the shutdown of access to essential land areas based on a QUICKNESS CRITERIA for finishing the setup of the subset city. It results in a PAY TO PLAY outcome where only by spending purchased DIAMONDS can the player proceed with the game. Even if the negotiating nonsense wasn't entering into the process, that shutoff of playability seems inherently objectionable to this decrepit old man who has long since had to set aside all notions of being able to satisfy QUICKNESS CRITERIA.
Anyway, I have identified two aspects of the Forget of Empires which it is my opinion should be corrected.
Somebody has too much time on their hands.

RazorbackPirate

What is there to further discuss? That some people are bad at negotiations? That some players confuse the option to spend diamonds with the need to spend diamonds? That the Merchant in Feudal Japan makes it one of the easiest settlements to complete within the allotted time?

Lord Pest

I have done all the settlements except the mugwhatever because the building has no interest for me. The Japanese settlements are by far the easiest to complete.

I’ve done them all including the Mughal Empire and while easiest is debatable I did the Egyptian Settlement 40 times to get 10 ancient obelisks and IMO that one was the easiest to do in the shortest amount of time. I’d usually finish the gold reward with 3 to 5 days to spare.

Sharmon the Impaler

I’ve done them all including the Mughal Empire and while easiest is debatable I did the Egyptian Settlement 40 times to get 10 ancient obelisks and IMO that one was the easiest to do in the shortest amount of time. I’d usually finish the gold reward with 3 to 5 days to spare.

Hmmm , I just finished it yesterday with 5 days 8 hours to spare . This is very interesting

Tharkunn

It may help the OP to think of 'negotiating' as a game of guess what good I have under the cup. Inno called it negotiating so as to juxtapose it with fight. You can fight or negotiate, but it is not actually negotiating with anyone or anything. It is merely trying to guess what item is pre-selected for each spot. When I first started playing I too took umbrage at 'negotiating' and thought what kind of negotiation is it when the person says, sorry no that is not what I want, but I'll take it anyway, now make another guess what I want.
Inno does have right up front 'pay and negotiate' so you are paying to negotiate. Whatever the name it is just a guessing game, and when you fail to guess in the 3 or 4 allotted guesses you can give up and then try again or pay the diamonds. Does Inno hope you opt to pay the diamonds. Hec yes. Just like they hope you pay diamonds to heal your troops after battle and pay diamonds and pay diamonds and pay diamonds and buy diamonds with $$$$$.
But you do not have to spend the diamonds. You can simply give up and try again.

Last edited:

NATORIOUS

The negotiating feature on this game is straight up trash. It's one of the more miserable parts of the game and it isn't the least bit enjoyable. It's clearly nothing more than an attempt to make you spend diamonds so you don't have to spend forever getting through the bare minimum of negotiations just to take advantage of the SC (which they've clearly nerfed). I understand the strategies of negotiating, but inevitably you will end up in quite a few 50/50 situations and you'll lose nearly every single one of them. It seems Inno is determined to make the playing experience as crappy as possible. Bold strategy.

RazorbackPirate

Tell me you suck at negotiations, without telling me you suck at negotiations.
The negotiating feature on this game is straight up trash. It's one of the more miserable parts of the game and it isn't the least bit enjoyable. It's clearly nothing more than an attempt to make you spend diamonds so you don't have to spend forever getting through the bare minimum of negotiations just to take advantage of the SC (which they've clearly nerfed). I understand the strategies of negotiating, but inevitably you will end up in quite a few 50/50 situations and you'll lose nearly every single one of them. It seems Inno is determined to make the playing experience as crappy as possible. Bold strategy.
I've never spent diamonds negotiating. Never needed to.

Johnny B. Goode

inevitably you will end up in quite a few 50/50 situations and you'll lose nearly every single one of them.
Not true. Not true at all. In fact, the success rate is undoubtedly pretty close to 50% for most players over time. You only remember the ones where you were wrong. I have streaks of bad and streaks of good, just like with all the game mechanisms that rely on "chance". Over time it all evens out.

Ebeondi Asi

On a different tack. I just moved up to SAM. Now in SAM the Era Goods making building can only be in the Mars Colony. and they are powered by Coins and Supplies but not previous Era Goods, they use the Mars Ore, And to get small amounts of Mars Ore you have to either fight, or Negotiate over and over and over again each time.. For negotiators this is a really bad deal.
The curious thing is... To make the goods you need to have Mars Ore, and for the negotiations you need the Goods to get the Mars Ore. this seems like it is a real conundrum. And players who do not fight will be in a huge bind when they get to SAM Era. (unless they can make all they need for Era Goods from Event Buildings.
So for this one reason, Players who basically negotiate all the time will suddenly be at a bg disadvantage when they get to SAM Era.
Or am I missing something?
The problem could be circumvented with Event Buildings, true. and perhaps with a high level CF to do lots of RQs... but for negotiators wthout those. the negotiators in SAM Era are in a world of hurt.
(the moral of this tale is learn to fight. even if you are a negotiator.)

Lord Pest

I’ve been in SAM for 6 weeks and have 18k of each SAM good. Event buildings, a high level CF and RQs do the trick for me. I’ve recently put up 6 goods buildings in the Mars Colony just to speed things up. I trade excess of the 2 goods I am making In the market for the 3 goods I don’t make. I was fighting for the mars ore but because of the Castle I now negotiate the 4 hour deposits and fight the rest. It’s an easy way to get those Castle points when in SAM. I have 23k mars ore saved up and intend to get more before I move up. My plan in each age is to get at least 30k of each good before I move up to the next age. Plus no need to rush as I only have 2 ages to go to be maxed out on ages.

UP ONLINE

It has happened several different places where "negotiation" is suggested as a means of resolving whatever. Invariably the "negotiation" process involves THROWING AWAY useful game values on a process which has no definitive positive outcome. The multiplicity of "judges" of "adequacy" of the "negotiation" offerings and the number of game values being demanded make it stastically impossible to predict any outcome OTHER THAN THEFT OF GAME VALUES by a random process. The whole "negotiating" nonsense reminds me of the brutally offensive "joker" intruded into the "Story" process in at least one of the cities where I've chosen to play. There was never any positive outcome for doing any of the absurd things that the "joker" demanded that a player do.
In the case of the Feudal Japan offshoot from the primary game, this negotiating nonsense appears to be the primary explanation for the shutdown of access to essential land areas based on a QUICKNESS CRITERIA for finishing the setup of the subset city. It results in a PAY TO PLAY outcome where only by spending purchased DIAMONDS can the player proceed with the game. Even if the negotiating nonsense wasn't entering into the process, that shutoff of playability seems inherently objectionable to this decrepit old man who has long since had to set aside all notions of being able to satisfy QUICKNESS CRITERIA.
Anyway, I have identified two aspects of the Forget of Empires which it is my opinion should be corrected.
Its not pointless Any goods you use donate to your guild of Anything like fighting you gain power points you can see in your lists beside your player #

NATORIOUS

Tell me you suck at negotiations, without telling me you suck at negotiations.

I've never spent diamonds negotiating. Never needed to.

Tell me you lack reading comprehension without telling me you lack reading reading comprehension. I'm fully aware of how to negotiate. And i never spend diamonds. The negotiating feature is trash and it sucks by design.

NATORIOUS

Not true. Not true at all. In fact, the success rate is undoubtedly pretty close to 50% for most players over time. You only remember the ones where you were wrong. I have streaks of bad and streaks of good, just like with all the game mechanisms that rely on "chance". Over time it all evens out.

Nah it doesn't. And I'd wager most players agree. It's clearly designed to test your patience with how many times you're willing to negotiate or just take the "shortcut" and spend diamonds to successfully complete the encounter. The strategy around negotiating is fairly simple and straight forward. However when the law of averages is constantly defied, well, it gets old. Which is why i never do it outside of the minimum attempts needed to collect rewards from the SC. It's crap.

Ebeondi Asi

Foe is a fighting game at heart. Negotiations are a secondary notion. Negotiations should be a Pain to do. Period .IMO of course.

Johnny B. Goode

Nah it doesn't. And I'd wager most players agree.
That would only be because "most players" only remember the times they picked wrong. It naturally stands out more in your mind. Doesn't make your statements true. Track your success percentage for a few months, then come back and prove me wrong. I double dog dare you!