• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter 2021 Feedback

Pericles the Lion

Only 5 stars for completing each main quest? Last year it was 10. I wasn't in last year's Halloween event so I don't know if that event supplied a "surprise box" for the Winter Event. If it did not then the reduction in stars for daily quests would make sense....that would make up for having the surprise box. So, did players get a surprise box for playing the 2020 Halloween Event?

Agent327

Only 5 stars for completing each main quest? Last year it was 10. I wasn't in last year's Halloween event so I don't know if that event supplied a "surprise box" for the Winter Event. If it did not then the reduction in stars for daily quests would make sense....that would make up for having the surprise box. So, did players get a surprise box for playing the 2020 Halloween Event?

Not relevant at all. You got a surprise box for playing the Halloween Event THIS YEAR. First surprise box introduced was THIS YEAR.

Pericles the Lion

Not relevant at all. You got a surprise box for playing the Halloween Event THIS YEAR. First surprise box introduced was THIS YEAR.
A simple "yes" or "no" was all that was required. The relevancy is simple. Either a surprise box was awarded during Halloween Event 2020 or it was not. If it was not then the reduction of 165 stars (5 times 33 days) for the main quests makes sense because the surprise box awarded for Halloween 2021 makes up for the fewer stars. If a surprise box was awarded during Halloween 2020 then the total number of stars earned during Winter Event will be 165 fewer meaning it will likely require diamonds to max out the building.

Kesto11

A simple "yes" or "no" was all that was required. The relevancy is simple. Either a surprise box was awarded during Halloween Event 2020 or it was not. If it was not then the reduction of 165 stars (5 times 33 days) for the main quests makes sense because the surprise box awarded for Halloween 2021 makes up for the fewer stars. If a surprise box was awarded during Halloween 2020 then the total number of stars earned during Winter Event will be 165 fewer meaning it will likely require diamonds to max out the building.

We also have the remaining problem of fewer starts to get Daily Special. I find it hilarious that you have to do like 20 quests right away to have a good chance of winning a single DS.

Agent327

So you where not in last years Halloween, did not know if there was a Surprise box, but you do know last year you got 10 stars for completing the quests????

BTW, there are 38 rush quests, not 33, so that is 38x5= 190 fewer. You also have no idea if they have made any changes to incidents. If it will or will not require diamonds is way to early to tell.

67Sage101

I'm playing on my new world and I just have to say again, since I've said it before I'm sure. The iron age quest line is too much. My tiny city struggles to make goods, coins and production. The first quest took 1/3 of my coins...8000. The next quest wants me to collect 6000 coins....but my next collection will only be 5000. The the production request in Iron age was 9 times. In my main world it was 11.

On my main world, I was able to blow past the first 5 quests in under 5 minutes. In the iron age I am stuck on quest 2 for at least 4 hours.

Pericles the Lion

So you where not in last years Halloween, did not know if there was a Surprise box, but you do know last year you got 10 stars for completing the quests????
Uh....yes, yes, and yes.

BTW, there are 38 rush quests, not 33, so that is 38x5= 190 fewer. You also have no idea if they have made any changes to incidents. If it will or will not require diamonds is way to early to tell.
My bad. You are correct. 38 main quests this year which is the same as last year. 190 fewer stars from main quests this year. However, if you are correct that there was no surprise box awarded during the 2020 Halloween Event then this year's surprise box will compensate for the reduction in main quest stars.

It is not too early to predict whether, or not, diamonds will be necessary. MooingCat has already made his prediction based on Beta and the modelling that he does. His analysis used 10 stars per main quest instead of 5 though. According to him no diamonds will be necessary.

Pericles the Lion

I'm playing on my new world and I just have to say again, since I've said it before I'm sure. The iron age quest line is too much. My tiny city struggles to make goods, coins and production. The first quest took 1/3 of my coins...8000. The next quest wants me to collect 6000 coins....but my next collection will only be 5000. The the production request in Iron age was 9 times. In my main world it was 11.

On my main world, I was able to blow past the first 5 quests in under 5 minutes. In the iron age I am stuck on quest 2 for at least 4 hours.
I do recurring quests to fulfill these in my IA cities. Later on, building then selling barracks is faster (more costly though).

Agent327

However, if you are correct that there was no surprise box awarded during the 2020 Halloween Event then this year's surprise box will compensate for the reduction in main quest stars.

You can look up if I am correct. You usually do. What is stopping you this time? You had to look up the number of stars you got last year as well.

It is not too early to predict whether, or not, diamonds will be necessary. MooingCat has already made his prediction based on Beta and the modelling that he does. His analysis used 10 stars per main quest instead of 5 though. According to him no diamonds will be necessary.

On beta you got 10 stars per quest and as usual beta is no guarantee at all. Already several of the quests are diffent from what they were on beta.

McBluefire

/sarcasm What really gets me about these forums is the kindness between the fellow members. /sarcasm off
If you two could dispense with the public yet personal back and forth that is barely on topic between a moderator and a well-known member it would be appreciated. Not sure how a simple question needs to turn into a a rude response from a moderator right off the bat.

As for my feedback the calendar is, in my opinion, not worth doing yet again this year. The halloween one is more realistic to complete, while this one depends on a bunch of luck in stumbling upon a key buried behind 21 gifts that could be reset several times during each day's attempt to find the key. No idea why this isn't aimed more at daily interaction with the gifts instead of a specific gift. It is what it is, though, and I'll ignore the calendar and enjoy the rest of the event.

Agent327

/sarcasm What really gets me about these forums is the kindness between the fellow members. /sarcasm off
If you two could dispense with the public yet personal back and forth that is barely on topic between a moderator and a well-known member it would be appreciated. Not sure how a simple question needs to turn into a a rude response from a moderator right off the bat.

You are correct. Sorry for that.

Expletive Deleted

Off the bat this event seems like it's going to be rough. In my opinion an event that lasts a full month is far too long. I can already tell that I'll be giving up at some point in my farm towns and won't be using any more diamonds than necessary for me to earn one of the final specials in my main two.

Keys, reindeer, candles, and stars, all earned at different quantities rates and scales, is a lot to manage and a lot to try and account. Making something more complex does not make it more entertaining if it's not worth the time and effort.

On the upside I really do like the snow effect in the city. I would really like to see that as an option for a default appearance.

Aethelcatt VIII

OK, let's see...we get five stars (instead of the 10 during Beta testing) for completing each quest in the main quest line and, so I heard, 15 stars for each of the daily quests later (if Inno has not reduced that as well), plus a few hundred for daily connections and the milestone bonus; a little bird told me that we can expect a total of 1,170 stars over the course of this event, not counting the few from random incidents here and there. For an event that runs a total of 32 days, that's 36.5625 stars per day to spend on the very charmingly packaged presents, each of which costs 10 stars. So we are supposed to fish that all-important calendar key (and hopefully the daily special) out of a total of 18 choices in about three and a half tries every day? I though April Fool's Day was in spring, not winter! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

So we are supposed to fish that all-important calendar key (and hopefully the daily special) out of a total of 15 choices in about three and a half tries every day? I though April Fool's Day was in spring, not winter! :rolleyes:
Don't forget about the key fragments offered in the daily challenges. If the published odds are correct a player can collect approximately 59.4 key fragments by completing all of the DCs during the Event (12 more keys). This would mean we only need to find 20 keys by opening presents. 1170 stars will open 117 presents. The odds of finding the key are 1:18 so expect to find about 7 keys with the 1170 stars. The "show 2" and "2X" prizes will help somewhat as will incidents and stars awarded for landing on "shuffle" but not enough to enable finding 13 keys. Unless I am missing something, completing the calendar means spending diamonds.

Aethelcatt VIII

Don't forget about the key fragments offered in the daily challenges. If the published odds are correct a player can collect approximately 59.4 key fragments by completing all of the DCs during the Event (12 more keys). This would mean we only need to find 20 keys by opening presents. 1170 stars will open 117 presents. The odds of finding the key are 1:18 so expect to find about 7 keys with the 1170 stars. The "show 2" and "2X" prizes will help somewhat as will incidents and stars awarded for landing on "shuffle" but not enough to enable finding 13 keys. Unless I am missing something, completing the calendar means spending diamonds.
Yep, it looks inevitable--and quite a few diamonds. I wasn't going to pick the key fragments in DCs based on experience during the Halloween event, when the daily stickers were much easier to find, but looking at the odds for the keys in this event, I guess I'd better get going with the DCs.

Ebeondi Asi

I was looking forward to this event. The problem is the Daily prizes. the percentage is so low it seems not worth the bother.Plus the random prizes seem less this year than last? (On this 'm totally not sure, just they certainly are way less interesting to me..) I realize having easy to play games is not good either. but when there is nothing worth winning, it just leaves me not wanting to bother to play. The idea should be to get players excited to play. The opposite is what Inno is doing to Foe Events.
The worst has been Halloween, and it seems the Halloween Event disease is affecting other Events too.
Maybe it is just me. Ennui setting in? I Want to still play Foe, I just do not find the recent Events worth the bother. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer.
Also. if Foe is to make money, the prizes actually have to be better. Seems the fear of power creep has paralized Inno. Long time players cities are already full. You have nothing to offer them except power creep. Yet you fail to handle it in any meaningful way. You're offering drivel prizes that are totally ho hum to anyone in a higher Age who has played hard to win lots of the previous good prizes. . The main prizes are just average similar or less than previous ones. Who cares? nothing here to chase after. So boring dudes boring.. BO R I N G
So the Event is getting a C- Rating from me. (the main prize is OK if only there were enough daily along with it to make it matter.. Oterwise th Event would get a D rating. you could have had a B+ rating to A if only you had the Main Event building with the Attack and Attack Defense together in one building and not the watered down current split.

Emberguard

Speaking of snow...

Could you guys for Pete's sake decide whether it is snowing or not? The weather changes every 15 minutes are giving me visual whiplash....
From memory I‘m pretty sure it snows every time you:
(1) complete a quest
(2) open a present

What mechanics would you prefer for activating the snow?