• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When to move from Bronze Age to Iron Age?

UP ONLINE

There's nothing good staying in those low ages.
I think they made bronze & iron age take way too long to age up
I think it's a must to get all teck tree unlocked to Early middle age >As fast as possible<
& do lots lots lots of aiding for coin/prints for HS
OOD is just a waste of fp

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

There's nothing good staying in those low ages.
I think they made bronze & iron age take way too long to age up
I think it's a must to get all teck tree unlocked to Early middle age >As fast as possible<
& do lots lots lots of aiding for coin/prints for HS
OOD is just a waste of fp
EMA sucks in just about every way compared to Iron Age. If someone wants to camp an early era where they can build and hyper level their city, Iron should be your choice. Once you leave Iron it is best to get to LMA or higher asap. And no one should move up just to unlock the AD.

Yes, OoD is a waste of fp, but that has absolutely nothing to do with staying in Iron or moving up.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

HMA is still a low age.

Last time I was in Iron age I stayed there about a year. Got the Triad, OBS, Traz, ToR, LoA, StM. CF, HC,, Cape, up through their sweet spot and Arc to 80. Also had TA, AO, and Kraken at lvl 10. I did not need any houses, supply or goods buildings as I had put in the Event building I got through the year. I also built up my FP stash and had built up my goods inventory to have enough to cover me needs and more to spare for both Iron Age and EMA. I also made sure I had a good amount of One up and Reno Kits, And a supply of rogues. First thing I did on moving up in every age was upgrade my Champion so Traz would spit them out until I got the troops for my new age.

The important thing is to build up forward strength and keep that going as you age up. Once I did move out of Iron age I did not rush, but kept a steady pace. only staying long enough in each age to gather enough goods to complete all the techs for each following age. (usually 2 - 3 weeks, never more than a month) And get into the top 5 in my hood. And auto battle all of GE. I then stopped in PE as I like the troops there for fighting. (Some prefer Indy) Camped there until I had worked all my military GBs up to 75 and the support ones to 60. Continued to upgrade Event building if better came along. Or build more of the ones I liked. Plus really build my FPs and goods up for ME, PME, as the troops in both suck. So wanted through them quick Only spent a week in each. Spent a little longer in CE, and TE to make sure I kept my forward strength up. Then got to FE. Which is a great age to camp in, to really get strong as you have Hovercraft there to fight with which are awesome.

Last edited:
I've stayed in Iron Age for about 7 months, and I'm probably not moving out until I hit 100M points. Already almost 70% the way there. The big disadvantage in Iron Age (sort of contingent on the lack of space) is that you will want to aim for "efficient" event buildings for attack, which means your attack will increase slowly over time. To fight as fast as the top 10% of the guild in GBG, you will have to toss away about a hundred ballista per swap even at a higher stage of player development like me, where all of my attack GBs and AO is at level 69 or above. If you want to choose quicker options to increase your attack, it comes with a severe opportunity cost of less troop production. People can say "just level your Traz more levels", but there is no quick option for me to get a level 200 Alcatraz.

Ebeondi Asi

One of those ages a player should get stuck in long enough so one can do Arc to 80. I picked HMA as the least sucky to do my Arc.

Cyrus the Adequate

One of those ages a player should get stuck in long enough so one can do Arc to 80. I picked HMA as the least sucky to do my Arc.
I have a IA city that I'm targeting the following:

Zeus, CoA, Arc, and CdM all at level 10 or higher.
Enough goods production to cover GE and enough GBG to provide troops.
Enough FP and goods in inventory to get through the tech tree to HMA, along with enough reno kits and age-ups to bump the event buildings.

That's enough to have a reasonable shot at being competitive after aging up, and should put me in or at least close to the top 10 for the age.

I have another city where I aged up too fast. It's in Colonial when it really should still be in EMA, which makes GE and GBG harder than it needs to be.