• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Next, complete a side quest or recurring quest that is NOT "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." This will cause the story to appear in that slot and jump to the CE story questline. If you keep "Truth or Dare" open while you are pushing the cMap to FE, then aborting an RQ or side quest will move the story quests to CE

For me it looks like the story line jumped direct to FE, not CE. After Dictators Death, I got:
1. Eyes Ahead (scout east of Agadar, scout south of Agadar), then
2. Meeting Hope (acquire 2 sectors on those FE provinces)
3. Water Needed!
4. A War for Water
5. Acquiring Omogba

These are all FE story quests.

Is this normal?

Some TE units would have been nice but if I can get the Hovers I suppose I'd be happy.

Farti

UBERhelp1

Impatience is a virtue lol.
I've spent a few diamonds getting to FE quicker and negotiated the first province, Agadar. I've completed the previous quest and now have Truth or Dare (Side Quest) open. Aborted an RQ and now have Dictators Death (Story Quest) open.

If I understand correctly, I've to continue the Story Quest ONLY, leaving Truth or Dare open. As I intend on staying in Ind. Age long term does this mean I've to leave this quest open indefinitely?

Farti
You have to keep it open as long as you are still working through the higher story questlines. As soon as you complete/abort the quest, your next story quest will be back in PME and you'll be tech blocked until PME.

For me it looks like the story line jumped direct to FE, not CE. After Dictators Death, I got:
1. Eyes Ahead (scout east of Agadar, scout south of Agadar), then
2. Meeting Hope (acquire 2 sectors on those FE provinces)
3. Water Needed!
4. A War for Water
5. Acquiring Omogba

These are all FE story quests.

Is this normal?

Some TE units would have been nice but if I can get the Hovers I suppose I'd be happy.

Farti
Yup. That's normal. Only the 1 CE quest. As for TE units, you can go back and acquire the skipped TE provinces and you'll be able to get some of the troops. It will cost you an extra tech though that you could spend on AF or OF troops instead.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1 I've heard it was possible getting the some TE units after taking the first province Torrinhos. Personally, I would like to do that instead of skipping to Agadar so I can fight the TE CMap easier. Is that possible at all?

Well as it turns out, we all know Patience is a virtue lol.
It didn't take me long to run out of CE/PME goods for negotiations. It's going to take ages to get to the Hovers quest. I didn't realise how many quests and FE provinces away they were.

As for TE units, you can go back and acquire the skipped TE provinces and you'll be able to get some of the troops.

How is this achieved? I mean, if the provinces were acquired, is there a side quest or something that will pop up? And at what point would it be best to do this? I've got 4 techs spare and I think I need 2 for the Hovers, leaving 2. How far can I get with these 2 spare? I'm just trying to figure out the best options if I can't get far enough for any AF or OF troops. I also don't want to get quest locked either. I do quite a few RQs daily.

Many thx
Farti

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1 I've heard it was possible getting the some TE units after taking the first province Torrinhos. Personally, I would like to do that instead of skipping to Agadar so I can fight the TE CMap easier. Is that possible at all?
Basically, abort an RQ/side quest that isn't truth or dare when you are on the TE map. You might lose the story questline for a little bit. Eventually you'll get it back and get some troops from it.

Well as it turns out, we all know Patience is a virtue lol.
It didn't take me long to run out of CE/PME goods for negotiations. It's going to take ages to get to the Hovers quest. I didn't realise how many quests and FE provinces away they were.

How is this achieved? I mean, if the provinces were acquired, is there a side quest or something that will pop up? And at what point would it be best to do this? I've got 4 techs spare and I think I need 2 for the Hovers, leaving 2. How far can I get with these 2 spare? I'm just trying to figure out the best options if I can't get far enough for any AF or OF troops. I also don't want to get quest locked either. I do quite a few RQs daily.

Many thx
Farti
Once you take those, the next story quest will be TE. Personally, I would not go back if you're limited on techs. I would go for AF troops instead. With 4 techs, you'll be able to get 2 R. Raiders and 2 Sur. Soldiers (1 tech left for FE, 1 more on the AF story). But that's up to you which you prefer.

An update is coming with more info for TE troops, so please be patient. I've been pretty busy irl and haven't had much time to devote to working on anything FoE related.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

Basically, complete truth or dare when you are on the TE map. You might lose the story questline for a little bit. Eventually you'll get it back and get some troops from it.

I did that on one of my worlds I remember, but I got tech blocked and I had to age up to PME in order to continue.
Edit: I aborted it and got the Missile Artillery, but shouldn't you get tech blocked anyway as well?

UBERhelp1

Patience is a virtue :D

My thanks again
Farti
I did that on one of my worlds I remember, but I got tech blocked and I had to age up to PME in order to continue.
Edit: I aborted it and got the Missile Artillery, but shouldn't you get tech blocked anyway as well?
Crap! I wrote that wrong. I fixed my response above as well.

DO NOT ABORT TRUTH OR DARE UNTIL YOU HAVE GOTTEN ALL THE TROOPS YOU WANT TO GET IN PME AND BELOW. Aborting or completing it will give you the quest after it, and the one after that is a tech blocker.

To get TE troops, when you get to the TE map abort or complete a quest other than Truth or Dare. That'll give you the TE story eventually, but the story might go missing for a little bit while you are scouting through the TE map.

frantavopicka

hey guys, first, really thank you Uber, awesome guide. three days ago i was LME, +-4k dia later i am Ina and i am finishing fe map with 4 hovers, i didnt expected it will be such a hard work.

i have fought almost everything (500/350% stats, lvl 11 AO) - up to future era 1MG+7rogues, tommorow map was pretty tough.
FE was a real problem, no chance with MG team, a lot of goods needed, so i tested PME Champ+7rogues and voila, except one sector it was pretty easy. Champ is fast, he can deal with units across map, his turn is almost first turn, so low chance that he will be hitted. Trick with slow units was holding him back so you could convert more rogues into champs in two turns.

i am only not sure about my quest slot - can i use third quest slot (fe story already started) before i reach OF tech blocker, or is it better to hold all 3 slots?
will we (Industrial era players) lost second slot permanently with PME era, or at the end of our hunt, after canceling Truth or dare, we will have only OF quest line and two free slots for quest?
thank you

ehm..i just noticed how big that AF map is... :D it looks like a tons of goods..

Attachments

• champ2.jpeg
    champ2.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 12
  • champ1.jpeg
    champ1.jpeg
    544.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

UBERhelp1

hey guys, first, really thank you Uber, awesome guide. three days ago i was LME, +-4k dia later i am Ina and i am finishing fe map with 4 hovers, i didnt expected it will be such a hard work.

i have fought almost everything (500/350% stats, lvl 11 AO) - up to future era 1MG+7rogues, tommorow map was pretty tough.
FE was a real problem, no chance with MG team, a lot of goods needed, so i tested PME Champ+7rogues and voila, except one sector it was pretty easy. Champ is fast, he can deal with units across map, his turn is almost first turn, so low chance that he will be hitted. Trick with slow units was holding him back so you could convert more rogues into champs in two turns.

i am only not sure about my quest slot - can i use third quest slot (fe story already started) before i reach OF tech blocker, or is it better to hold all 3 slots?
will we (Industrial era players) lost second slot permanently with PME era, or at the end of our hunt, after canceling Truth or dare, we will have only OF quest line and two free slots for quest?
thank you

ehm..i just noticed how big that AF map is... :D it looks like a tons of goods..
You must keep Truth or Dare, and obviously the story quest, but you can do whatever you want with your third quest slot.

And yeah, the AF map is pretty big, but wait until you see the OF one :p

frantavopicka

ok i missed this one..

• Negotiate the first five native provinces: Nutarniq, Iluliac, Tuklavik, Ananevut and Qaniit.
  • Fight at least one sector each of Nilak and Nunataq.
  • Negotiate or fight the rest of the continent as you please.
"

i only hope this works with 4techs, because i have just 9 techs remaining :)
edit - it works, perfect, 5tech remaining for OF

Last edited:

KingJMobile

To get TE troops, when you get to the TE map abort or complete a quest other than Truth or Dare. That'll give you the TE story eventually, but the story might go missing for a little bit while you are scouting through the TE map.
So you mean acquire Torrinhos first? Because last time I just scouted the province without taking any of the sectors and the story effectively discontinued. And I thought I messed up and I aborted "Your Choice: Truth or Dare".

KingJMobile

I just attempted the same thing you were yesterday. Good news, the TE story *will* come back at the point when you scout Rio Roxo with "Meet Miguel Mantos". This is in time to get 2 Stealth Tanks to keep fighting with after Falsa Cruz - but you do have to fight 2/3 of the TE map first. I did manage to do so with just the MG team + rogues though.

I want to attempt a world where I try to get the TE story to appear from the start but it'll be a long time til I'm there on another world (my closest is in LMA but lacks some of the military support to efficiently fight CE map)

As long as you don't touch "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" or possibly go back and complete skipped CE provinces that may unlock King of the Desert, you're fine. Just check after each sector completion/scout if the story is back yet by aborting a quest other than your choice.
Credit to @xivarmy for saying this a couple months ago.

UBERhelp1

So you mean acquire Torrinhos first? Because last time I just scouted the province without taking any of the sectors and the story effectively discontinued. And I thought I messed up and I aborted "Your Choice: Truth or Dare".
When it just ends, you have to keep pushing through the TE map and aborting an RQ every now and again. Just don't touch truth or dare.

KingJMobile

Sorry if late, so you just don't complete any quests on CE map and then once you've scouted the first province, abort an RQ once in a while whilst acquiring the provinces. And should I skip the provinces marked on Part 4 of your guide as well, if say the Story doesn't appear?

UBERhelp1

Sorry if late, so you just don't complete any quests on CE map and then once you've scouted the first province, abort an RQ once in a while whilst acquiring the provinces. And should I skip the provinces marked on Part 4 of your guide as well, if say the Story doesn't appear?
Acquire those provinces. Hopefully the story should pop up. I haven't been able to test it myself yet so I'm not 100% sure how it works.

xivarmy

The story should appear immediately after you scout Rio Roxo (if you abort a quest at that point). It will not appear in torrinhos. An upcoming test I'm trying to do is to see if I can get it to appear before scouting the TE continent - but if not then Rio Roxo is when you can start it.

In general you can try restarting story each time after you've done something on the map (after you're through CE). Just don't touch Your Choice: Truth or Dare. And don't touch the provinces you skipped on CE map.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

@xivarmy Okay then I'll try it out. Currently I have just finished the PME Map and it might take about 3-4 weeks before I'm on the TE Map.

When you started the TE Story, did you remember what quest you got and what units you still got after completing the TE Cmap?

BadDR

@xivarmy Okay then I'll try it out. Currently I have just finished the PME Map and it might take about 3-4 weeks before I'm on the TE Map.

When you started the TE Story, did you remember what quest you got and what units you still got after completing the TE Cmap?
I just finished the TE map a week ago and I'm working my way through the FE map. The first story quest you will get if you follow xivarmy's advice is Meet Miguel Mantos. I ended up with 2 Combat Drones, 2 Anti-Materiel Snipers, 2 Stealth Tanks, and 1 Champion.