• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Tony 85 the Generous

No the game is about making Inno money not about who in the game gets what. So long as Inno believes that their revenues will continue to grow from the game as a whole they won't tend to change something that brings them in money. They have introduced a few tweaks on beta from what I read but it won't address anyone's concerns here.

That being said it is certainly clear Inno isn't overly concerned with revising GBG so unless this is someone's 'vent' thread it is time to decide how to proceed: adapt (try and get in those top guilds), take what you can get when you can (still adapting :p), don't participate in GBG and ignore it, or let it drive you insane enough that you decide FOE isn't worth it and move on.
or option 4, based on your very first sentance, don't spend a penny on diamonds for use in GBG until they have released a fix for all of the current issues. If it takes money to motivate them, remember that it is your money and can be used in more than one way to provide motivation.

RazorbackPirate

or option 4, based on your very first sentance, don't spend a penny on diamonds for use in GBG until they have released a fix for all of the current issues. If it takes money to motivate them, remember that it is your money and can be used in more than one way to provide motivation.
While true, with the few who are here complaining about it, all could stop spending diamonds with no impact to Inno. You'll never get the critical mass needed to pull off the change.

As long as GBG makes Inno money the way it is, it will stay the way it is despite complaints.

wolfhoundtoo

True and always an option but the reality is if there were significant revenue declines and Inno thought it was due to GBG they would do something i'm sure but that doesn't appear to be the case. In the end I suspect the drive for attack and defense boost for GBG is a significant source of their revenue. It's ultimately what's behind the power creep factor as everyone always wants better.

Deralyan

As a long time player of the game in a well established and consistently powerful guild, I want to call out that there is a clear bug in the pairing algorithm (again). It is touted to be "random" by Inno, but there are clearly constraints around the randomness as we continually face the same mediocre competition that have no business being in diamond league. It has been literally several months since we last faced any of the guilds that are unanimously seen as top-5 competition in Norasil and the impact of this is creating severe guild member apathy and attrition.

We believe the pairing algorithm is using a flawed metric of guild ranking which is still entirely too dependent upon a dying, clunky feature in the game (GvG) that really only suits a minority of players who like to be held hostage to their PC at precisely the same time every day.

So proposals to resolve this once and for all:
- If ranking is to be part of calculation, finally adjust it so that GvG is not weighted so heavily
- Truly make diamond an elite league or create a new tier for the consistently competitive guilds. When GBG first was introduced, Diamond was an exclusive league that was extremely difficult to get into and equally difficult to remain. Use an aggregate of guild advances as a metric to determine whether a guild belongs in this league.

wolfhoundtoo

For math purposes how many is several months? How many guilds in diamond (i.e. how many leagues form)? It's 2 seasons per month basically since it's 14 days and 3 days off.

Tony 85 the Generous

They should make part of the system that you never face any of the same Guilds within a three season stretch. I agree the fact is we do face the same Guilds over and over, even though there are plenty of others we could be paired with.
Are there at least 24 guilds in each level of GBG? 24 guilds at 1000LP, 24 guilds with 901-999LP ("lower diamond")? If not, then this would required a change to the LP system to make it happen. As listed earlier, the only way there can be more guilds in diamond (especially at 1000LP) is if a new guilds are formed and they advance out of the Copper League. Once they advance out of copper, then the push and swap begins through the rest of the leagues.

Pericles the Lion

On T there are 35 LP1000 guilds and I think my guild has seen all of them in GBG over the past 4 months. We see some more often than others but I don't think any have been missed.

NWWolverine

I agree with the original post here. . For super guild's to take over the entire map in a few hours demonstrates the need for a better structure or way of pairing the competition. Some of the super-guilds seem to be nothing more than a collection of people who was here when the game first started. Congratulations to these people that dedicated the time and effort to achieve the positions you have, but Inno should also be trying to encourage newer players of the game to enjoy participating in GbG, The enjoyment of playing this game is advancing your city and GbG prizes are some of the best ways to do that.

Pericles the Lion

I agree with the original post here. . For super guild's to take over the entire map in a few hours demonstrates the need for a better structure or way of pairing the competition. Some of the super-guilds seem to be nothing more than a collection of people who was here when the game first started. Congratulations to these people that dedicated the time and effort to achieve the positions you have, but Inno should also be trying to encourage newer players of the game to enjoy participating in GbG, The enjoyment of playing this game is advancing your city and GbG prizes are some of the best ways to do that.
Time in game is not necessarily a prerequisite for membership in a top guild. I started my main city a little over a year ago, hopped guilds for the first 6 months while I built up my city then joined my current guild (#17 on T). It takes some commitment to build up attack boost but, if you are an accomplished fighter, you should be welcome in a top 20 guild on any world regardless of when you started playing.

Sledgie

On T there are 35 LP1000 guilds and I think my guild has seen all of them in GBG over the past 4 months. We see some more often than others but I don't think any have been missed.
Correction. We have 30 +/- 1 LP1000 guilds in US T any given season with 51 +/- 1 total in diamond league any given season. About 12 of the D1K guilds are more or less permanently D1K, the rest float between platinum, lower diamond, and D1K any given season.

MJ Artisan of War

Been playing less than two years, Colonial age, yet i am in the #6 guild on N world and #1 on Z world....
It isn't about how long You play... It is about how You play FoE...

Johnny B. Goode

I have come to the point where I truly don't care about the "problems" of players in guilds "competing" in Diamond/Platinum leagues. They're either bored, or they are butt hurt because they don't get their thousands of swap battles in. Boo Hoo. Get a life. First World Problem. Like rich people complaining about "high taxes". The rest of the player base doesn't care that your little private playground isn't fun enough or lucrative enough for you. Get over it.

Sledgie

This is what the current season of GBG looks like for the top of diamond league on US-Tuulech.

Group 1 This group includes two tier 1 GBG guilds, 2 tier 1.5 guilds, and 2 tier 2 guilds. This is an extremely crowded map.

RankGuild NameLeague PointsLeague
1The Great Journey1000Diamond
2Hex1000Diamond
4Revolution1000Diamond
6Chaos1000Diamond
8BANG!1000Diamond
19The Huns1000Diamond
24Hel Hath No Fury1000Diamond
35Weathertop1000Diamond

Group 2 This group includes two tier 1 GBG guilds, 1 tier 2 GBG guild, and 5 weak guilds

11Lemuria1000Diamond
15Cereal Killers1000Diamond
17Rising Tide1000Diamond
22Random ReWARds1000Diamond
15Final Destination1000Diamond
30East Empire Trading1000Diamond
31Shield of Honor1000Diamond
34Inferno Forge1000Diamond

Group 3 This group includes 1 tier 1 GBG guild and 7 weak guilds

3Legends1000Diamond
12Rogue Raiders1000Diamond
13Liberators1000Diamond
23Deep Cavern Realm1000Diamond
26Hex Oasis1000Diamond
27Dark Matter1000Diamond
29the boring guild1000Diamond
33Wizards of War1000Diamond

Group 4 This group includes 1 tier 1 guild and 2 tier 2 guilds. The remaining four guilds are weak.

9Dragons of Summer1000Diamond
10BloodDragonsofWinter1000Diamond
20Ghost Walkers1000Diamond
28Sharpie's New Players1000Diamond
32At Your Leisure1000Diamond
16~HONOR BOUND~975Diamond
43Heirs of Blue Ajah975Diamond

Last edited by a moderator: