• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] What happens to FP's on neighborhood Great Buildings when it changes

MariB64

What happens to FP's put on a player in the neighborhood when the neighborhood is changed and that player is no longer in the neighborhood? Sometimes I need to dump fP's to collect new ones from my buildings so sometimes I go to the neighborhood and try to find that hopefully I won't be messing up some arrangement and put FP's on it. So yeah was wondering what happens to those FP's

MariB64

Will I still get rewards when they level their GB though? I didn't know I could still contribute on them. How do I find them though once they are no longer in the neighborhood. I usually don't really remember who I put the FP's on when it was sort of randomly put FP's on a building outside my guild. I do it because sometimes I need to spend FP's so that I can collect new ones from my buildings or have a quest that wants to to spend some and don't want to make guild members mad accidently

SITUATION - Had filled P2 on Arc of player in my neighborhood. Will call that player GN. After neighborhoods changed, weeks went by without GN flipping the Arc. Tried to be patient. After a couple months, wanted my big investment back. Figured I'd add enough extra fps to flip it. System said I could NOT add fps because GN was no longer connected in any way. Tried sending a FR, but got no response. Tried again to add fps; system refused. Luckily, another player (SW) who is on my Friend list DID have GN on her Friend list. She said GN had the red dot indicating long inactivity. I asked her to add enough fps to flip his Arc, and I'd repay her by placing more than equal fps on her GBs. QUESTION: Since I already had fps on GN's Arc, which supposedly creates a connection allowing access to that level, why couldn't I add more fps?

Johnny B. Goode

SITUATION - Had filled P2 on Arc of player in my neighborhood. Will call that player GN. After neighborhoods changed, weeks went by without GN flipping the Arc. Tried to be patient. After a couple months, wanted my big investment back. Figured I'd add enough extra fps to flip it. System said I could NOT add fps because GN was no longer connected in any way. Tried sending a FR, but got no response. Tried again to add fps; system refused. Luckily, another player (SW) who is on my Friend list DID have GN on her Friend list. She said GN had the red dot indicating long inactivity. I asked her to add enough fps to flip his Arc, and I'd repay her by placing more than equal fps on her GBs. QUESTION: Since I already had fps on GN's Arc, which supposedly creates a connection allowing access to that level, why couldn't I add more fps?
That is a question for in-game support. According to how it is supposed to work, as long as you have already donated FP to a GB's level you can still donate to that level even if that player is no longer a friend, guild mate, or in this case a neighbor. Here's a question to help clarify your situation. Was the friend able to donate FP to that GB? Also, go look at the city of the former neighbor. Is the GB connected to Town Hall by a road, or was it disconnected before they stopped playing? As long as the GB is still on the same level, I believe that the only way you would not be able to donate is if the GB was disconnected. If it is still connected, and your friend was able to donate, then contact support in-game and have them look at it.

It just occurred to me that maybe it leveled without you noticing. If it did so and it was longer than 5 days ago there would be no record of it in your Event History. Check your GB donations list and see if it's still listed. If not, then the GB leveled without you noticing and that's why you can no longer donate to it.

Incidentally, the fact that the player shows as long inactive has no bearing on any of this, in and of itself.

Ebeondi Asi

Writing out how is too complicated for so little results. But anyone can check other players in World you play... by name.You can look at GBs and go visit city.

Yes, the GB was connected and. my friend was able to donate extra fps to the GB. She added enough fps to flip it. Then I paid her back by placing the same amount of fps on her GBs.

I don't know why I could not add more fps, but my friend could add more. I assumed it was because she had the Friend connection, and I did not. My only connection had been by neighborhood and by having fps on his GB.

But recently I was told that having fps on a GB retains connection until that level flips, which is what sent me off on trying to figure out why that was not the case for me.

..Boudica..

SITUATION - Had filled P2 on Arc of player in my neighborhood. ... why couldn't I add more fps?

Quick guess? Knowing they were foing to be inactive for a period of time, GN may have disconnected the roads from their Arc to their town hall, thus technically deactivating the building and rendering it impossible for others to glom on or flip.

You should be aware, though, that the way you've done it, putting FPs on somebody's arc from your neighborhood without permission, is technically sniping. It's generally frowned upon by most players especially if they are using a 1.9 thread to level their GBs. So, because you didn't have any real right or invitation to contribute to their Arc or other GBs, you really don't have much grounds for indignance when you don't get your °just rewards° sorry to say. That's why, when investing in GBs for prints or profit, you should only contribute to friends or guildmates GBs. Anything you were trying to snipe cannot be considered a guaranteed reward. Good luck :[)

☆~B

Johnny B. Goode

So, because you didn't have any real right or invitation to contribute to their Arc or other GBs,
Horse manure! It's a neighbor, so by the game rules he had a perfect right to add whatever he wanted to their GB. If they don't like it, tough. Players only make the rules for themselves, not for everyone else. I laugh when I get one of those "you didn't add what you should have", or "ask next time" messages. You don't want me to add? Disconnect your GB...or arrange for your friends/guild mates to be on when you open the level and donate immediately. If you leave a spot unlocked, every neighbor has the right to grab it. End of story.

By your logic, we shouldn't plunder either.

Sharmon the Impaler

Horse manure! It's a neighbor, so by the game rules he had a perfect right to add whatever he wanted to their GB. If they don't like it, tough. Players only make the rules for themselves, not for everyone else. I laugh when I get one of those "you didn't add what you should have", or "ask next time" messages. You don't want me to add? Disconnect your GB...or arrange for your friends/guild mates to be on when you open the level and donate immediately. If you leave a spot unlocked, every neighbor has the right to grab it. End of story.

By your logic, we shouldn't plunder either.

We shouldn't have any defense because it is a waste , we shouldn't plunder because it is stealing (duh) , we shouldn't snipe because it's unfair , we shouldn't attack because it's bullying , we shouldn't farm because it's greedy and we should always agree with what everyone says so we can get along. There I said all the made up rules that I break on an hourly basis lol

Johnny B. Goode

You don't get any points for plunder but if you like it suit yourself :[)
False. You actually do get points for successfully attacking a neighbor (which you have to do in order to plunder). And since you do not get points for donating to a GB, your statement makes no sense in the context of this discussion.