• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Event Hub discontinuation

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
We've just announced that the Event Hub Will Not Return For 2022. You can read about it here.

Should you have any comments, questions or issues, please let us know in this topic! We're very much looking forward to your feedback!

Johnny B. Goode

I'm not surprised. The boosts were underwhelming. Even the ones that might have been useful were hampered by at least three flaws:
1. Everyone who completed the event up to the Event Hub quest got it, which means that no one got an advantage from it.
2. They were of too short a duration to get excited about. Combined with reason #3 below, it just made them kind of worthless.
3. Since they took effect immediately after the event ended, the timing was not good. I don't know about most players, but I play even more casually right after an event ends, just because it's nice not to have to manage multiple things at once. It would be better if we were able to choose when the boost would start.

Pickleweasel

I also think it is odd that part of the stated reason for the existence of the event hub was to ". . . Event Hub, which was designed to allow players to showcase the progress made in Events during a calendar year . . ." when I suspect I am not the only one that almost never visits anyone else's city. There is zero incentive to visit someone's city in my view.

Ebeondi Asi

The way to go if they bring it back is to have each event bonus last an entire year. So the bonus starts at event end and lasts until the next year same event starts. or, until the net year event ends, either way it is petty much a whole year) To end when the event starts would be a remindr it had value and one should do the Event to get it back?
I think that was the big mistake. having the bonus last such a useless short time.
A second small mistake was making the building so ugly. It was just ugly ornate, cluttered up for no reason. not classic ornate. Made by committee?

DevaCat

That any development team thought players would be “excited” by this feature only goes to show how out of touch they are with those who actually play the game. Why would anyone get excited by a feature with zero player interaction?

I already know whether or not I completed events during the year - I don’t need or want a visual representation of this; badges already do the job. Allowing the player to choose when to trigger the modest bonus would at least have had an element of player interaction, but as implemented the timing (determined by Inno) rendered the bonus less useful to the player.

It’s too bad. Thanks for trying, but it’s a missed opportunity to create a little real excitement. I don’t know, maybe a bonus which the player could trigger during the next event? Or trigger in next year’s same event as well? Maybe a “gift from Inno” surprise during a given season as well? I’m sure you have creative people who can come up with something truly interesting.

As for “excitement”, I have lately taken to reading Announcements looking for exclamation points. I find that quite often they just mark underwhelming features being sold as much more than they actually are.

UBERhelp1

I think the event hub could have been much better. Maybe the events are integrated better there somehow? For example, the event surprise box could be opened there instead of being in the inventory. League results could be saved there instead of as a message.

I don't think it is an addition that really needed to be added anyways, but how it was implemented was... not well thought out.

Emberguard

Given the Event Hub provides an additional building on the Hub itself if you complete all events for the year, I would have liked to see that expanded on in some way. An actual reward in addition to the visual change for 100% completion

RazorbackPirate

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this. I also don't think what we got should be considered 100% complete. Pavilions started with last year's Soccer Cup, an event in the middle of the year? Where's the pavilions for Forge Bowl, Spring, Archaeology, et al until Soccer Cup returns?

As others have stated, the interaction was a bit disappointing as were the rewards for completion. I agree with others being able to control when the boots began would have been nice. Even just a week to decide would have been nice.

As it was, I liked watching it develop with each event, always wondering about the missing pavilions,

The Lady Redneck

Right from the start I was a bit puzzled as to why someone should think something like that pier fitted into this type of game. OK if you were designing a game that was simply based on Events, then a hub like this could have a use. But the events in this game, although at times amusing with a pretty prize at the end which may or may not be of some use. Are not central to playing it. We get the prize, If we want to showcase it we build it in our cities so anyone who visits it can see it. We also get badges. So why the need for this thing that looks like a badly designed hang over from the Victorian era.

My question now is, how long will it be before I can please have it removed from my city?

Sharmon the Impaler

Right from the start I was a bit puzzled as to why someone should think something like that pier fitted into this type of game. OK if you were designing a game that was simply based on Events, then a hub like this could have a use. But the events in this game, although at times amusing with a pretty prize at the end which may or may not be of some use. Are not central to playing it. We get the prize, If we want to showcase it we build it in our cities so anyone who visits it can see it. We also get badges. So why the need for this thing that looks like a badly designed hang over from the Victorian era.

My question now is, how long will it be before I can please have it removed from my city?

+1 vote for a right click option to set it on fire lol

Sharmon the Impaler

Probably best it's going since it served no real purpose. Save everyone a little bandwidth I guess once it's gone. Too bad we don't get a burning down cut scene, now that would have epic, lol.

A little mini game maybe where if you win the battles you get to raze the ugly monstrosity to the ground , a challenge of sorts to get the satisfying graphics lol