• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Thinking out loud - New GB Ideas

spartacus2.0

The Nuclear option. A device that will actually destroy obliterate permanently (but can be rebuilt. and doe not remove Expansions.) about half the person's city but also obliterates an equal percentage of your own. Think of it as the Doomsday device. Best used by players who are quitting due to harassment. Soon players would hire others to start a city to blow up their enemies. LOL
Then some people will make multiple new accounts in the same world, build the nuclear option, and obliterate all the other people's hard work. and then delete the world before people have a chance to report them

Johnny B. Goode

Sure it does. It takes a mechanic in the game that has always existed, and partially changes it for a certain class of players, but not others. That is a classic definition of penalizing one group vs. another.
I disagree, but that wouldn't change if it was "separated", so I don't see your point here. They would be even more "penalized" if it were separated so that they couldn't even contribute to it.
They need to be totally separate, because in this new system higher eras can lock out earlier era players from earlier era building rewards, among other things.
As they can now.
At least with the Arc earlier players have the same ability to compete equally.
You are living in a dream world if you really believe this.
That is why it would need to be unique and separate rewards that don't affect current game play.
You're talking about introducing an entirely new mechanic that earlier era players would be excluded from, and you don't think that would penalize them?!?
False argument, since many earlier players actually do have the same stuff as later players.
No, they don't. They don't have the same space. They don't have the same boosts/production in event/special buildings. They can't produce the later era goods/units. They can't build the same Build menu buildings. The only thing they can have the same is the GBs, but even then they have to buy the goods and work harder to get the BPs. So if you're looking for a false argument, look in the mirror.
OK, so I get it, you want to have later era players to have an unassailable advantage over earlier era players, without the earlier era players being able to do anything about it. Move up, or don't compete... in guild threads, in gbg, etc. Play the way Ebeondi wants or get out. You are the champion of gated content and paywalls. Got it.
First of all, later era players already have an advantage over earlier era players...and they should. To argue that early era players, especially campers, should have a level playing field with later era players is the FoE version of Participation Trophies. And I thought you were opposed to those. Hmmm.
I gave some of the reasons I have an issue with this idea, but see nothing in what you said that would refute any reasons I gave, just generalities.
I gave specific refutation to your objections, and you replied with generalities. Are you the pot or the kettle? Inquiring minds want to know.

spartacus2.0

A GB that has a chance of rickrolling a person attacking your city
I improved the idea.
This gb is unlocked once the player researches the technology internet.
It is a 6x5 building called the Meme Memorial with holograms of memes surrounding a giant Rick Astley hologram.
It provides 9000 happiness and has a 15% chance of rickrolling a person attacking your city at level one.

When the attacker attacks the city, there is a chance that the song Never Gonna Give You Up will play and take over the whole screen. The attacker can stop watching the song by clicking an X at the top right corner, but will automatically surrender. If they really want to attack, they have to watch the whole video.

Ten times more effective than the Galata Tower.

Last edited:

mineseA

We've all been talking about what the GB will do, but what will the GB be? I've compiled every single idea from this thread and put them into a real building.

1. Westminster Abbey, Guild Warfare, atk/def in ge/gbg/gvg, +negotiation turn, reduced attrition chance, increased turn regen, relic gen. small boost for you, and tiny boost for everyone in guild. Kind of like the town hall boost from guild power.

2. Eiffel Tower, Guild Supplier, gives guild goods, medals, power, support pool

3. Sistine Chapel, Guild minigame, Incorporates the minigames from the settlements. Aztec minesweeper and Japan market. In some way make it available with the goods available be based on the eras the rest of the guild are in. These would be personal goods, not guild goods.

4. Taj Mahal, The Dead Hand, when you are attacked and lose, GB has a % chance to destroy all attacking units. ( you will still be open to plunder but attacking player loses all 8 of their attacking army regardless of boosts or damage)

5. Laser Cooling Center (Idk I'm not good at names), The Helping Hand, When a player aids you successfully, GB has a % chance to randomly aid something in that players city. ( this would not count towards daily aid limits, or be affected by other GBs like seed vault. )

6. Parthenon, A GB that provides a bonus to the negotiation minigame would be cool. Kinda like how the Kraken and Virgo Project can take out enemies immediately at the start of a battle, perhaps this GB would be able to immediately solve one of the NPCs or factor out one of the offer choices. Would be a GB with charges, so would have a production to reset it.

7. The Clone, Basically every 24 hours it would give a % chance at duplicating the next selected existing GB's "collection". Think Blue Galaxy but only 1 chance per day and only applies to GB. "Collection" of course would only apply to instant rewards and not passive bonuses like the ARCs GB contributions and AO Critical hit. (that would break game) My thoughts are one day I really need more troops--so I use it to clone TRAZ that day. Next day I need special goods--so I clone my Space Carrier. Next day I need guild goods--so I clone ARC. Next day I need more FP--so I clone Cape. They could throw in a guaranteed passive reward like "X each good from 2 ages prior" since we have unrefined (3 ages prior) and Star Gazer (1 age prior). This way when the % chance doesn't pop, you at least get something. Of course benefit would be greatly improved by existing GB levels. So this is the type of GB that end gamers would find useful and have been asking for.

8. The Market (A simplified version of The Clone), This GB would give the owner a choice of 1 type of game "resource" each day. Choices would be: Coins, Supplies, FP, Goods, Guild Goods, Medals, Troops, Attack boost, Defense boost, Special Goods, Previous Age Goods, etc. Amounts of each rewarded per level would be scaled close to existing GB. I.E. each level supplies would be similar to HC, FP would be similar to Cape, Guild goods similar to ARC, Troops similar to TRAZ. Like "The Clone" this GB would allow each player, on a daily basis, to pick and choose what rewards they get. This promotes individual choice and flexibility for a more customized game experience.

9. The Great Pyramids of Giza, A great building that can give better incident prizes.

10. Torcello, A gb that makes the duration of supply, coin, and defending boosts longer

11. The Forbidden City, A gb that reduces scouting time

12. Inland Sea, A gb that gives an extra x% of an event quests's reward

13. Carcassonne Walled Town,
A GB that would offer a new type of unit on collection would be cool.
I always thought the 1shot special used by CE missile artillery was an interesting boost used poorly.
I'm thinking about a unit with the 1shot & rapid deployment combo that would be recruited as unattached through GB collect. The number of units gain per level similar to traz but completely independent of city barracks. Units collected would age up with your city.

Joke GBs

Nuclear Missile Site, A device that will actually destroy obliterate permanently (but can be rebuilt. and doe not remove Expansions.) about half the person's city but also obliterates an equal percentage of your own. Think of it as the Doomsday device. Best used by players who are quitting due to harassment. Soon players would hire others to start a city to blow up their enemies. LOL

Meme Memorial:
When the attacker attacks the city, there is a chance that the song Never Gonna Give You Up will play and take over the whole screen. The attacker can stop watching the song by clicking an X at the top right corner, but will automatically surrender. If they really want to attack, they have to watch the whole video.

Ebeondi Asi

Meme Memorial,, should include a 50% chance the song will repeat..
And the Clone is not what I wrote. you changed it considerably. The idea is to fully increase the rewrds the GB landed on would give. all rewards. including Arc returns, any attack boosts, all types of goods. Including Arc oods to Treasury, obs .. increase percentages for LoA, etc. etc.
I would not be a clone it is the Dragon Boost.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

We've all been talking about what the GB will do, but what will the GB be? I've compiled every single idea from this thread and put them into a real building.

1. Westminster Abbey, Guild Warfare, atk/def in ge/gbg/gvg, +negotiation turn, reduced attrition chance, increased turn regen, relic gen. small boost for you, and tiny boost for everyone in guild. Kind of like the town hall boost from guild power.

2. Eiffel Tower, Guild Supplier, gives guild goods, medals, power, support pool

3. Sistine Chapel, Guild minigame, Incorporates the minigames from the settlements. Aztec minesweeper and Japan market. In some way make it available with the goods available be based on the eras the rest of the guild are in. These would be personal goods, not guild goods.

4. Taj Mahal, The Dead Hand, when you are attacked and lose, GB has a % chance to destroy all attacking units. ( you will still be open to plunder but attacking player loses all 8 of their attacking army regardless of boosts or damage)

5. Laser Cooling Center (Idk I'm not good at names), The Helping Hand, When a player aids you successfully, GB has a % chance to randomly aid something in that players city. ( this would not count towards daily aid limits, or be affected by other GBs like seed vault. )

6. Parthenon, A GB that provides a bonus to the negotiation minigame would be cool. Kinda like how the Kraken and Virgo Project can take out enemies immediately at the start of a battle, perhaps this GB would be able to immediately solve one of the NPCs or factor out one of the offer choices. Would be a GB with charges, so would have a production to reset it.

7. The Clone, Basically every 24 hours it would give a % chance at duplicating the next selected existing GB's "collection". Think Blue Galaxy but only 1 chance per day and only applies to GB. "Collection" of course would only apply to instant rewards and not passive bonuses like the ARCs GB contributions and AO Critical hit. (that would break game) My thoughts are one day I really need more troops--so I use it to clone TRAZ that day. Next day I need special goods--so I clone my Space Carrier. Next day I need guild goods--so I clone ARC. Next day I need more FP--so I clone Cape. They could throw in a guaranteed passive reward like "X each good from 2 ages prior" since we have unrefined (3 ages prior) and Star Gazer (1 age prior). This way when the % chance doesn't pop, you at least get something. Of course benefit would be greatly improved by existing GB levels. So this is the type of GB that end gamers would find useful and have been asking for.

8. The Market (A simplified version of The Clone), This GB would give the owner a choice of 1 type of game "resource" each day. Choices would be: Coins, Supplies, FP, Goods, Guild Goods, Medals, Troops, Attack boost, Defense boost, Special Goods, Previous Age Goods, etc. Amounts of each rewarded per level would be scaled close to existing GB. I.E. each level supplies would be similar to HC, FP would be similar to Cape, Guild goods similar to ARC, Troops similar to TRAZ. Like "The Clone" this GB would allow each player, on a daily basis, to pick and choose what rewards they get. This promotes individual choice and flexibility for a more customized game experience.

9. The Great Pyramids of Giza, A great building that can give better incident prizes.

10. Torcello, A gb that makes the duration of supply, coin, and defending boosts longer

11. The Forbidden City, A gb that reduces scouting time

12. Inland Sea, A gb that gives an extra x% of an event quests's reward

13. Carcassonne Walled Town,
A GB that would offer a new type of unit on collection would be cool.
I always thought the 1shot special used by CE missile artillery was an interesting boost used poorly.
I'm thinking about a unit with the 1shot & rapid deployment combo that would be recruited as unattached through GB collect. The number of units gain per level similar to traz but completely independent of city barracks. Units collected would age up with your city.

Joke GBs

Nuclear Missile Site, A device that will actually destroy obliterate permanently (but can be rebuilt. and doe not remove Expansions.) about half the person's city but also obliterates an equal percentage of your own. Think of it as the Doomsday device. Best used by players who are quitting due to harassment. Soon players would hire others to start a city to blow up their enemies. LOL

Meme Memorial:

I like the Nuclear Missile Site idea. How long would it take to turn all of FoE into rubble, then make the rubble bounce? LOL!

spartacus2.0

The Oppidum (IRL the largest billionaire bunker in the world located in the Czech Republic)
5X5
The counter to the Nuclear Missile Site.
Has a 1% chance canceling the missile site's ability on your city
and 80% chance of reducing the damage of the nuclear missile site by 40% and provides 2400 population, 5000 coins, and 3000 happiness at level one

Last edited:

spartacus2.0

The Oppidum (IRL the largest billionaire bunker in the world located in the Czech Republic)
5X5
The counter to the Nuclear Missile Site.
Has a 1% chance cancelling the missile site's ability completely on your city
and 80% chance of reducing the damage of the nuclear missile site by 40% and provides 2400 population, 5000 coins, and 3000 happiness at level one
Or a second kind of bunker: the world's deepest bunker: Central Military China Commission's Joint Military Command Centre in Beijing.
Provides 1000 population, decreases happiness by 5000, but gives a 3% defense attack AND Has a 1% chance of cancelling the missile site ability on your city and 80% chance of reducing the damage of the nuclear missile site by 50% at level one.

The first bunker is unlocked after researching mechanized artillery, and the second one is unlocked after researching mobile air defense.

Last edited:

mineseA

Meme Memorial,, should include a 50% chance the song will repeat..
And the Clone is not what I wrote. you changed it considerably. The idea is to fully increase the rewrds the GB landed on would give. all rewards. including Arc returns, any attack boosts, all types of goods. Including Arc oods to Treasury, obs .. increase percentages for LoA, etc. etc.
I would not be a clone it is the Dragon Boost.
I literally copied what you wrote.
Also I might make concept art for a few of them soon.

The Lady Redneck

The Guild Institute.
Grants a small % boost to ALL buildings (Excluding GBs) to everyone you aid in your guild for a 24 hour period.
Allows you to add 1 extra skill to a military unit for given period of time. (For example you could chose to add always retaliate to a SAM Steel Warden).

spartacus2.0

The Guild Institute.
Grants a small % boost to ALL buildings (Excluding GBs) to everyone you aid in your guild for a 24 hour period.
Allows you to add 1 extra skill to a military unit for given period of time. (For example you could chose to add always retaliate to a SAM Steel Warden).
The extra skill would be too overpowered though.
Example: adding skill MIRV or Secret Identity to any kind of unit in your army
(MIRV hits targeted unit and an additional 1-3 units in range. Railguns with this would be broken)
(Secret Identity to steel wardens would make them a ranged rogue)

Last edited:

texanwolf999

This thread has some good ideas, so I think I'll join in
First, the effects
1. Battleground reward boost gb. Basically icnreases rewards from successfully negotiating/fighting in guild battleground. Percentages need to be carefully considered so it's not broken beyond belief/absolutely useless
2. A building that increases goods produced in goods/event buildings with production timer. Maybe it'll make them relevant again
3. Time reducing gb. Something that passively decreases time from productions to finish.
4. GE extra reward. increases contents of ge chests by a percentage. Again, a fine ballance between op/useless
5. Tournament tower boost gb. Gives rewards only from fights in tournament towers
And some ideas for actual buildings
1. Hanging Gardens of Babylon
2. A ship. doesn't [particularly matter which one. Good candidates are USS Missouri, Aurora, Bismark and USS Enterprise
3. Fleet command HQ for SAAB
4. Temple of Artemis
5. Area 51. No aliens, just cool prototypes

mineseA

Wow. Looks like I’ve inspired naming your GBs. Here’s my idea.

Leaning Tower of Pisa: Adds rewards to GVG. (Not GBG, GVG, the weird hexagon battleground thingy) Would only be a percentage and it works get bigger as it levels. As a side bonus it could be coins or solos or something.

Johnny B. Goode

1. Battleground reward boost gb. Basically icnreases rewards from successfully negotiating/fighting in guild battleground. Percentages need to be carefully considered so it's not broken beyond belief/absolutely useless
With the way some players are already farming GBG, any boost like this would completely break the game.
2. A building that increases goods produced in goods/event buildings with production timer. Maybe it'll make them relevant again
Not as long as they can still be plundered.
5. Tournament tower boost gb. Gives rewards only from fights in tournament towers
But all fights are "in tournament towers" as long as you've conquered the relevant C-Map province. If you choose your fights from the tournament tower list, you're still attacking neighbors just as if you did it from the Social Bar. And all battles you fight and win count in the tournament towers except those in the Cultural Settlements. (And they may, too, I'm not 100% sure on that.)

texanwolf999

With the way some players are already farming GBG, any boost like this would completely break the game.

Not as long as they can still be plundered.

But all fights are "in tournament towers" as long as you've conquered the relevant C-Map province. If you choose your fights from the tournament tower list, you're still attacking neighbors just as if you did it from the Social Bar. And all battles you fight and win count in the tournament towers except those in the Cultural Settlements. (And they may, too, I'm not 100% sure on that.)
That's why it needs to be large and cap out
I almost never get plundered, and that is without a galata
Sorry, meant pvp tpower. That white roman looking one

marss

i played this game a year and some months, my ideas come to 2 buildings, one is similar to stargazer but instead of giving goods from last, the building could give goods from forward

the other building could be one where u place lower unattached troops in the building and with a timer they become one age up and so on until they've reached the era, you're in

ahh and also why isn't bronze age able to pvp , i would add that ability to