• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A 5th Bonus Level to Guild Expedition

Cowbingo

our guild has been playing for a short time compared to some guilds I see we found if you play it in the morning and you play before bed you will only have 3-4 plays to win by Wednesday.
then the other guild or guilds stop playing.
1 we have nothing to do until next one starts its not like our guild is rushing it we each play 2 times no medals used.
2 if there was a Bonus 5th level where the next goodies are the other guilds just might want to get to it so at least the ones in them will want to play on once someone hits 133%.
3 we wouldn't mind it either lol
4 this bonus level would not count for the % for different places in GE
lets face it you are a guild that likes to get new people and you have 60 people whats the chance right now to get 2nd place
we like that a Temple Relic GB gives chances for like the 10 rogues or 100 FPs from relics thats why we are playing 2 times a day and finished by Wednesday but we see others guilds pretty much stop right then when someone hits 133%
maybe it will change the reason to play GE
ty
moo u later

Kranyar the Mysterious

Asked for many times. At least they added level 4 way back, imagine if it was still just 3 levels. Seems like it would be easier to implement than some of the crud they actually add.

wolfhoundtoo

But what does it add to the game from their perspective? For the most part I suspect that with the higher levels of boost available that it's easier and easier to complete GE these days. What should the rewards be? The 4th level already has diamonds so I'm not seeing another level resulting in more diamond being spent by players or even more satisfaction in the game or hooking new players.

Ebeondi Asi

The fifth level should be optional. not connected to Guild wins or loses in GE. it should be harder. than 4th. And progressively harder! So even the better players have bit of a push to finish it. And better rewards too. With a special random percentage of doubling ToR and other rewards. And even make it repeatable... !!!!!!!

UBERhelp1

The fifth level should be optional. not connected to Guild wins or loses in GE. it should be harder. than 4th. And progressively harder! So even the better players have bit of a push to finish it. And better rewards too. With a special random percentage of doubling ToR and other rewards. And even make it repeatable... !!!!!!!
At that point I would say just a single encounter that gets harder roughly at the same rate as attrition in GBG, but has no cap. Random rewards every time you complete it, and then sort of like in the PvP Arena, the players that complete it the most times get special rewards. Or something like that. Idk.

Cowbingo

At that point I would say just a single encounter that gets harder roughly at the same rate as attrition in GBG, but has no cap. Random rewards every time you complete it, and then sort of like in the PvP Arena, the players that complete it the most times get special rewards. Or something like that. Idk.
i like that idea each one getting harder and harder on the 5th lvl have achievements showing how far you've made it like the Pits of Hell
How Deep does this Damn Cave go
as far as rewards goes they are very nice as they are that's why we finish it by Wensday lol
FPs , Diamonds, troops. cant beat it plus feeding the Antiques Dealer
so 5th lvl harder each fight, achievements more fun
moo u later

Xenosaur

Was thinking about this directly this morning. I've proposed Difficult level 5 for years. I always look at the "cave" on the map (directly NORTH of the AUCTION house location....), and said it would be great place to "enter" from. Why? Because I used to play "ADVENTURE" (aka Colossal Cave Adventure) as a computer gamer and yeah, Plugh and XYZZY come to mind instantly when I see that cave.

GE 5 for starters would be a welcome addition. Taking GE to the next level could involve potentially a whole new class of ideas: intellectual cooperative gaming vs just fighting a more difficult AI or it costing more goods to negotiate. There MUST be an intellectual component to DIFF 5. Possibly a few minigames types of things from settlements OR season events, as well.

Let your mind race on this. IMHO, GE is a vastly underrated game focus for FoE. It could be much more, MUCH MORE - if given a little energy and INNOVATION thinking. As well, the GE we now have needs to be rebalanced... again. This time, please rebalance it as a partnership with the Temple of Relics, which is integral in the experience.

Suggestion to the OP: This needs an informal POLL added... just to show how well (or poorly) more investment in GE (ie extended playing) is viewed by the player community.

Last edited:

KingJMobile

Yeah, I would definitely like to see a Level 5 GE, but definitely make it casual. I'm sure many advanced players treat level 4 as a walk in the Park.

But there's a caveat, really. How difficult could it be made? Take me for example I have hover tanks in PE, and I wouldn't find it particularly challenging until the PE units had 2500% boosts.

Darkest.Knight

Since the majority of the items I sell in the market are from the expedition I would really like another lvl to collect from.

Before I turned into a fighter I use to negotiate lvl4, cost a few goods and tavern silver but wasn't a problem.

UBERhelp1

Yeah, I would definitely like to see a Level 5 GE, but definitely make it casual. I'm sure many advanced players treat level 4 as a walk in the Park.

But there's a caveat, really. How difficult could it be made? Take me for example I have hover tanks in PE, and I wouldn't find it particularly challenging until the PE units had 2500% boosts.
There's always the chance it could be limited to current-age units. Or better yet, make it a test of player skill rather than just raw boosts. What if you were limited to current age units with no boosts, and once you lost a battle you were out? Or something along those lines.

wolfhoundtoo

That would be unwise for them to share the timeline and milestones since that would mean they'd have to explain why it if was delayed. I don't see an upside for them to share that schedule since any delay would result in unhappiness amongst the player base (or at least the forum base). I think a fair few people don't understand the joys of multiple levels of approvals that are usually present in anything resembling a team decision (which I'm sure the number of people involved in decisions is more than 3).

Sharmon the Impaler

I work in a full ITIL 4.0 shop and a change can go back and forth to CAB 8-10 times depending on it's resource dependancies. I have been on MS Teams meetings with people all over the country from multiple teams hashing out what we will be sending to CAB. It can be a brutal process getting everyone scheduled for the meetings and then getting them on board.

wolfhoundtoo

That's nice but nothing you said is a rebuttal of my point in fact you just strengthened my point with your comment. Both by the content and what seems to be the clear belief that because you work in a process that is presumably pretty similar to theirs that you should be 'reported' to on their progress. Like I said no upside to them in given that much information away. Look at the comments regarding the revamp of the ideas forum. or when they put out that community sprint.

Not that it matters really what either of us think because I'm pretty sure Inno's policy on these matters is pretty clear by now. By hey maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised if they decide this is a workable idea and decide that given everyone here a timetable is a good idea.

Lord Pest

The fifth level starts off easy but soon gets hard
1st fight 8 troops
2nd fight 8 and 8 2 stage fight
3rd fight 8 8 8 3 stage fight.
4th fight 8 8 8 8 4 stage fight
and on till you fail. No swapping troops between the stages or healing with diamond