• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG is crap

Flavius Belisarius

And the reason they're not interested is because only a tiny minority of players even bother with GvG. It makes no economic sense to waste resources updating/upgrading a feature that is ignored by over 95% of active players and unavailable on the most used platform.
I would agree with your statistics since 79.6% of Statistics are made up.
[businessinsider.com/736-of-all-statistics-are-made-up-2010-2]
On the other hand most players use mobile devices (my statistics surmise 81.3%) so they have no access or probably even awareness of GvG.
Yet, it is still used as a generator (massive) of prestige affecting Guild abilities.
Plus, IMHO, it is a great social interaction venue within a Guild.
Yes I know INNO is probably not interested, but they should be. If you abandon minimize long time players, you'll end up with short timers.....

RazorbackPirate

Inno is the one who published the 5% GvG engagement stat. But I'm sure it's just Inno lying like usual. Business Insider and all. Inno is also not "probably not interested" Inno has stated clearly they will never port GvG to Mobile and all further development of GvG has ended.

Not moving GvG forward is not abandoning long term customers. It's letting them have their toy until they quit or die.

Wonder what would happen if GvG didn't contribute so much to Prestige? If you could end up top of the heap without GvG, would guilds continue to GvG?

Flavius Belisarius

Inno is the one who published the 5% GvG engagement stat. But I'm sure it's just Inno lying like usual. Business Insider and all. Inno is also not "probably not interested" Inno has stated clearly they will never port GvG to Mobile and all further development of GvG has ended.

Not moving GvG forward is not abandoning long term customers. It's letting them have their toy until they quit or die.

Wonder what would happen if GvG didn't contribute so much to Prestige? If you could end up top of the heap without GvG, would guilds continue to GvG?
Without GVG Prestige, GVG would wither into uselessness.

MJ Artisan of War

Which is why they should remove the prestige...
Then wait six months and remove GvG...
All in the holy quest to reduce server loads at re-set...

Johnny B. Goode

Take MJ Artisan of War's advice and buy a PC ;)
:D
No, don't. I can do GvG, but I don't search out a GvG guild simply because it is no fun there. Just a lot of clicking and frustration. If you're in a solo guild, like me, then it is a bit of fun once in a while because I am not chained to reset, nor am I subject to others' orders on what to do and when to do it.

JimCougar

Without GVG Prestige, GVG would wither into uselessness.thousands
I donated over 15,000 rogues and several other thousands of units as Defense Armies in just a few months with absolutely nothing to show for it. They never stopped or slowed our enemies. It just gave our enemies many fights to prosper from. We receive ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for filling DAs. So what good is GVG anyway? Bragging rights doesn't cut it for me anymore.

Snek

I donated over 15,000 rogues and several other thousands of units as Defense Armies in just a few months with absolutely nothing to show for it. They never stopped or slowed our enemies. It just gave our enemies many fights to prosper from. We receive ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for filling DAs. So what good is GVG anyway? Bragging rights doesn't cut it for me anymore.
Do leader rights cut it for you?;)

The Lady Redneck

We receive ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for filling DAs. So what good is GVG anyway? Bragging rights doesn't cut it for me anymore.
OK there are no personal rewards to satisfy the greedy in GvG like there are in GBG. And I am not bothered about bragging rights, but I do like how much faster I produce and healed my troops (38%) which means if I get the timing right I can get troops twice a day from my traz. And the fact that building costs and time are reduced by 25%. OK the 12 free FP per day from the town hall is not much these days. But I like that the lower members of the guild get it as well. It is a help to them. I got to say I never really noticed any of the above until I decided to start a new city It did let me see why some new players might whine about how slow the game is to get started.

Last edited: