• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Rejected re watching battles in PVP arena

Timi107

IDEA:
when you click "battle log" in the PVP arena, I think we should be able to re watch battles that are shown in the list. that way you could see how your defending army did and maybe what you need to change.

BALANCE:
this wouldn't advantage/disadvantage anyone

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

That is a lot of storage for everyone and all battles! Being able to see the last one would be OK by me. or the ones you lost?
I personally have no interest in watching the ones I lost. since I deliberately have nothing but one Bronze Spearfighter as a defense.
(IMO there is no point to having any City defense at all. And that carried to PvP defense. since as mentioned losses are capped at 5 a day )
I can see how being able to see a recent batle in PvP could be helpful to many. yes. but no way can they hold all of them.

Timi107

That is a lot of storage for everyone and all battles! Being able to see the last one would be OK by me. or the ones you lost?
I personally have no interest in watching the ones I lost. since I deliberately have nothing but one Bronze Spearfighter as a defense.
(IMO there is no point to having any City defense at all. And that carried to PvP defense. since as mentioned losses are capped at 5 a day )
I can see how being able to see a recent batle in PvP could be helpful to many. yes. but no way can they hold all of them.
very true about the storage thing. maybe this new addition would only allow you to see the battles have lost for that day. that way it doesnt take up to much space and you still get to see how your army did.

IDEA:
when you click "battle log" in the PVP arena, I think we should be able to re watch battles that are shown in the list. that way you could see how your defending army did and maybe what you need to change.

BALANCE:
this wouldn't advantage/disadvantage anyone
Don’t you get that same info from watching the battle results from when people attack your city?

Ebeondi Asi

Don’t you get that same info from watching the battle results from when people attack your city?
yes. but that is one time. (i am not sure how long a time span a player has to watch the city attack replay?)
Where the request here for PvP would be for dozens, maybe hundreds?

yes. but that is one time. (i am not sure how long a time span a player has to watch the city attack replay?)
Where the request here for PvP would be for dozens, maybe hundreds?
You’re lucky if your city only gets attacked once. Most players city’s get attacked multiple times. (I get what you ment though) It just seems like this change would be of most use to newer people who’s cities get attacked a lot which means there is already multiple videos of your city getting attacked. And maybe Graviton is right - it comes down to a bad defensive AI program.

Tannerite2

I'm voting "no" only because PvP losses are capped at 5 per day. No matter what defense I put up, some number of attackers (at least 5) are going to defeat my defense. It's far easier to allow for 5 daily losses and simply win enough battles to offset the losses and progress towards Crystal.
I agree that it's easier to do more battles and ignore the losses, but if you can get your defensive troops annoying enough for lower age attackers to avoid, then you can gain an extra 500 or so points. Plus, I enjoy finding good unit combinations to counter opponents' armies. My city defense is only 80/88 because I have 0 buildings in my city for it, but it's fun to see an attacker with 1000+ attack boost lose a couple units due to my troop selection.

Overall, I don't think it's a big deal, but I would enjoy being able to watch the battles.