• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Question:

I'm in Industrial. I got the Rapid Fire Cannon, and have cleared the map through Natsuishu, currently fighting in Kyushima.

I seem to be blocked in Story Quest at "Peace Conference". How do I get PE resi buildings? I have no resi building tech left to unlock in IA.....am I stuck permanently, or is there a way out?
If you have no tech left to research, then you're stuck permanently, until you age up.

.Xav.

Question:

I'm in Industrial. I got the Rapid Fire Cannon, and have cleared the map through Natsuishu, currently fighting in Kyushima.

I seem to be blocked in Story Quest at "Peace Conference". How do I get PE resi buildings? I have no resi building tech left to unlock in IA.....am I stuck permanently, or is there a way out?
If you have no residential techs left, this means you unlocked too many techs too fast I'm afraid. There are 3 residential techs in INA, so with a bit of planning you shouldn't get tech blocked there. You'll be stuck here until you age up to Progressive :(

Cyrus the Adequate

If you have no residential techs left, this means you unlocked too many techs too fast I'm afraid. There are 3 residential techs in INA, so with a bit of planning you shouldn't get tech blocked there. You'll be stuck here until you age up to Progressive :(
If you have no tech left to research, then you're stuck permanently, until you age up.
Thanks....but.....crap. Oh, well.

.Xav.

Hi again! During the FE story, after taking the first province of FE, while still being in INA, is it safe to complete/abort recurring quests? At the moment I have one story quest from FE, the "truth or dare" quest that I won't touch, and a recurring quest from INA that I haven't touched yet. Is it safe to abort/complete that RQ? Thanks !

UBERhelp1

Hi again! During the FE story, after taking the first province of FE, while still being in INA, is it safe to complete/abort recurring quests? At the moment I have one story quest from FE, the "truth or dare" quest that I won't touch, and a recurring quest from INA that I haven't touched yet. Is it safe to abort/complete that RQ? Thanks !
Yup. You're safe.

I have followed this guide in Progressive, got my 4 HT's, got into the second area of Arctic Future map and have no more PE tech's left to research.

If I age up to modern era to get the rest of the OF troops, how much of a difference will there be in max attrition? Currently with approx. 900/800
with the HT's I've hit 127 attrition max when auto battling needing diamond revivals at 125 and 127. Previously in PE my max attrition topped out around 55 or so. Also is it even worth getting the OF troops as the HT's are so awesome?

If I decide not to age up to modern now, will I ruin the ability to get the OF troops when I finally do age up to modern if I progress ahead on the map through OF to get the expansions?

Also thanks for making this guide, the game has for me become super fun, where before I was becoming a bit bored, and space for adding more attack/defense is no longer a concern. :)

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I have followed this guide in Progressive, got my 4 HT's, got into the second area of Arctic Future map and have no more PE tech's left to research.

If I age up to modern era to get the rest of the OF troops, how much of a difference will there be in max attrition? Currently with approx. 900/800
with the HT's I've hit 127 attrition max when auto battling needing diamond revivals at 125 and 127. Previously in PE my max attrition topped out around 55 or so. Also is it even worth getting the OF troops as the HT's are so awesome?

If I decide not to age up to modern now, will I ruin the ability to get the OF troops when I finally do age up to modern if I progress ahead on the map through OF to get the expansions?

Also thanks for making this guide, the game has for me become super fun, where before I was becoming a bit bored, and space for adding more attack/defense is no longer a concern. :)
I can't say on max attrition, but Paratroopers can be really scary because they can get within striking distance of a hover before you can react to save it. At a high enough attrition level it will be possible to get your hovers severely damaged. Turturrets are awesome in GBG, but I haven't been able to use them in ME so I can't speak for it myself.

If you push the map, you'll be fine.

I'm glad you enjoyed the guide :)

Warcoss

I have an Iron Age city that I want to take to Indy and get the hovers, but I have all the way up until The end of ME taken on the continent, is it still possible?

RichinZhills

Again UBERhelp, a great guide! So I managed to screw up a lot of my worlds by simply negotiating through and up to ME while my Story was stuck and only found your guide a few weeks ago. Able to fix a few and now enjoy a few worlds that have advanced fighters, and yes, MG's rock. But I misread the step on Truth or Dare? and instead of just leaving it alone, I aborted it and did the follow on burial I think and now story is sitting on "The End of this Chapter". I'm sitting pretty good tech-wise, with only 7/18 in ME and have 2 RQ's still operating. I've arrived at the CE Map and took the 1st sector in Amaryah City by fighting, but nothing changed on the RQ's.
Not to clear on whether I should just continue to fight/negotiate through the "white" sectors in CE and hope a RQ starts that will give me units or what? And should I fight through CE or negotiate for all sectors?
Was able to pick up the PME Champ, 7 Commandos, 2 Rocket Artillery, 5 MG's (lost 1 when exited a lost PvP and didn't heal him) while in Modern.

Last edited:

.Xav.

I made a list of all goods needed to negotiate all the sectors of the AF map with the combination strategy, as I'm going to request those trades to some high level guildees. Might as well share it here :

Contemporary Era
Bionics Data
465​
Elecrtomagnets
400​
Gas
260​
Plastics
400​
Robots
395​
Tomorrow Era
Nutrition Research
445​
Papercrete
450​
Preservatives
305​
Smart Materials
405​
Translucent Concrete
410​
The Future
Algae
385​
Biochemical Data
395​
Nanoparticles
405​
Purified Water
365​
Superconductors
415​
Arctic Future
AI Data
60​
Bioplastics
30​
Nanowires
60​
Paper batteries
60​
Transester gas
60​

KingJMobile

Again UBERhelp, a great guide! So I managed to screw up a lot of my worlds by simply negotiating through and up to ME while my Story was stuck and only found your guide a few weeks ago. Able to fix a few and now enjoy a few worlds that have advanced fighters, and yes, MG's rock. But I misread the step on Truth or Dare? and instead of just leaving it alone, I aborted it and did the follow on burial I think and now story is sitting on "The End of this Chapter". I'm sitting pretty good tech-wise, with only 7/18 in ME and have 2 RQ's still operating. I've arrived at the CE Map and took the 1st sector in Amaryah City by fighting, but nothing changed on the RQ's.
Not to clear on whether I should just continue to fight/negotiate through the "white" sectors in CE and hope a RQ starts that will give me units or what? And should I fight through CE or negotiate for all sectors?
Was able to pick up the PME Champ, 7 Commandos, 2 Rocket Artillery, 5 MG's (lost 1 when exited a lost PvP and didn't heal him) while in Modern.
For your PME tech-blocked world, you will be unable to receive any more units until you complete the “End of this Chapter”, which requires having to research the last two techs of PME. From my recollection, you can save two techs in ME and PME after completing that, but if you want to continue, you will eventually end up in CE to carry on unfortunately.

I would recommend taking all the white sectors from the CE map by either fighting or negotiation and holding the End of this Chapter until you have scouted the first province in TE (if you are going for TE units) or after taking the first FE province by negotiation (if you want to skip them).

RichinZhills

Despite there being a PME tech blocker at the end of the PME story, it is possible to skip this blocker to get units higher than PME while still in InA (or higher). To do this, there's a couple of short steps to follow.

First, don't complete the PME story. Stop the questline at the abortable quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." If at any point past this you collect or abort this quest, your next story quest will take you back to PME and you will be tech blocked. After you get tech blocked, you are stuck on the story until you age up to PME with no way around it.
Hey Uber, if the below is true, the rewording may help future readers. I thought by hitting the Abort, it would avoid the quest, but duh! Got stuck.

Once you get to the Side Quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" [Pay 20,000 Coins & Gather 40,000 supplies], ⛔✋STOP!✋⛔ This is the PME tech blocker at the end of the PME story. So from this point, leave it alone. It'll stay in your Story quests, but don't complete or abort it. You can still get units higher than PME while still in InA (or higher).
Next, scout and take the white CE sectors below in the spoiler map as shown. The specific RED provinces must be skipped, or you will get tech blocked on the CE story.
Your Story Quests are still locked behind the PME Blocker, {not sure if the CE story kicks in after a few provinces?} but you'll get several new side quests during your CE tour that may give you units. It's okay to complete these as long as you keep Avoiding the PME tech blocker.

UBERhelp1

Hey Uber, if the below is true, the rewording may help future readers. I thought by hitting the Abort, it would avoid the quest, but duh! Got stuck.

Once you get to the Side Quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" [Pay 20,000 Coins & Gather 40,000 supplies], ⛔✋STOP!✋⛔ This is the PME tech blocker at the end of the PME story. So from this point, leave it alone. It'll stay in your Story quests, but don't complete or abort it. You can still get units higher than PME while still in InA (or higher).
Next, scout and take the white CE sectors below in the spoiler map as shown. The specific RED provinces must be skipped, or you will get tech blocked on the CE story.
Your Story Quests are still locked behind the PME Blocker, {not sure if the CE story kicks in after a few provinces?} but you'll get several new side quests during your CE tour that may give you units. It's okay to complete these as long as you keep Avoiding the PME tech blocker.
I don't know how I can make it more clear than it already is.

As for this part that's not really what you want to do. You want to get to either the TE or FE map (depending on if you want TE troops) and then abort an RQ or side quest. And you're not avoiding the PME tech blocker. You've avoiding completing or aborting Truth or Dare. The tech blocker is a quest that comes after.

mineseA

It was the same thing I was confused about. The reason that this is kind of confusing is because if you don't abort the quest or complete it, there should be no way to finish it, right? But you didn't mention that you can just abort recurring quests and get the story quest of the next era.

UBERhelp1

It was the same thing I was confused about. The reason that this is kind of confusing is because if you don't abort the quest or complete it, there should be no way to finish it, right? But you didn't mention that you can just abort recurring quests and get the story quest of the next era.
Opinions on this edit?

First, don't complete the PME story. Stop the questline at the abortable quest "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." If at any point past this you collect or abort this quest, your next story quest will take you back to PME and you will be tech blocked. After you get tech blocked, you are stuck on the story until you age up to PME with no way around it. As far as you are concerned, this quest is locked in place forever. Just don't touch it. At all. Don't abort it, complete it, mouse over it, etc. If this quest is completed or aborted, you are done getting higher age troops until you age up to at least PME. To get further troops, we have to get the story to jump to a RQ slot, which you can find out how to do further on.