• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

why do people self lvl their gb or someone else when sniping and 1.9 is easy math

like these 2 guys
1 guy puts 400 gets 247 back with 1.9
2 puts 323 gets 124 back
3 me I lvl put 9 in and get 38
owner puts nothing in

Tranir

In E World I have a small village. I don't play much so I can't remain in an active guild. No access to 1.9 thread. I have asked smaller guilds if I can participate in their 1.9s but no takers yet. Guess I'm stuck with self leveling there.

UP ONLINE

I play smart no one snipes me just 1 GB at a time
3-6 levels a day
And I get lots of FP off others just about to flip there's With all spots still open LOL

Ebeondi Asi

its cheaper to run 1.9 ///// but it does benefit snipers
That is an incorrect statement. since Swap threads are far more likely to benefit snipers, and 1.9 can only benefit snipers if the GB owner fails to properly lock each level in sequence. The only way a sniper can steal a position in a Great Building of a player using 1.9 is if the player makes a mistake. Period.
Even Sweet levels. waiting to open and finding others to immediately take P1 P2 can stop that kind of sniping.
The Main ways snipers can get in GBs of1.9 players is the player fails to lock. or the player adds too many over correctly just enough to lock a position. and no more! Far too many players add all thier Fps right off. then they have to 'hope' a sniper does not catch it first!
One other way is a donor adds a later position before a higher position is taken. (this is entirely the lower position takers fault and they should have to pay any loss !) Never take a smaller position in advance.. Though I admit players taking P5 early are not such a bit problem. It is P3 before P2 pr P2 befroe P1 that an get expensive. when a sniper catches it and snipes.

The Lady Redneck

It is way to expensive to run low level GBs on 1.9 as the owners has put in the majority of the FPs themselves. And those FPs are then dead the owner gets nothing for them. Guild wide swap threads are also not good as guildies with high FP income usually hog the 5 paying spots so the little guy with low level GBs lose out again. If you can start a 5 person swap thread for a decent amount (100 FP for instance) Then the GB owner gets their GB levelled and is also sure of a paying spot on the other members of the threads GBs. So gets fps, medals and BPs. Once the GB is about lvl 25 - 30 it is then more cost effective for the owner to then raise it via 1.9

eh easier on a self lvler because they go way beyond what they need to. make a 100fp profit easily and not have to dump 1000 fps in. So I have self lvling friends. They are slow but big profit

Cyrus the Adequate

In E World I have a small village. I don't play much so I can't remain in an active guild. No access to 1.9 thread. I have asked smaller guilds if I can participate in their 1.9s but no takers yet. Guess I'm stuck with self leveling there.
Why would a guild let you use their 1.9 thread for your GBs if you're not around to help the other players with their GBs?

For a lower activity city, try looking for a guild targeted at diamond miners. They generally have lower participation expectations, but will have a 1.9 thread and GE open.

The Lady Redneck

Swap threads were supposed to benefit low level players with minimum FP generation, so I am told. But I have rarely seen the low level players get anything back but the FP they contributed to the GB before them. So IMHO 1.9 is the only way to go.
In a guild with high level players with a big FP income guild wide swap threads do not work for low level members.. But what does work is if 5 members of a guild set up their own swap thread for a given amount. That way they all get a spot on all 5 GBs so are getting medals, BPs and FPs for future use as well as getting their GBs raised. Then once they get their GB up to around level 20, it is then more viable and cost effective to transfer leveling it to the guild 1.9 thread. If you really want to save then keep it on the 5 person swap thread until the start of the sweet spot. OK some may say this is to slow a way to level GBs. but this game is not meant to be rushed. And in the begining especially you need to make the best use of your FPs that you can. Putting all your FPs into a guild wide swap thread is no better that putting them all into prepping a low level GB for 1.9 where they can earn you no return.

xivarmy

It is way to expensive to run low level GBs on 1.9 as the owners has put in the majority of the FPs themselves. And those FPs are then dead the owner gets nothing for them. Guild wide swap threads are also not good as guildies with high FP income usually hog the 5 paying spots so the little guy with low level GBs lose out again. If you can start a 5 person swap thread for a decent amount (100 FP for instance) Then the GB owner gets their GB levelled and is also sure of a paying spot on the other members of the threads GBs. So gets fps, medals and BPs. Once the GB is about lvl 25 - 30 it is then more cost effective for the owner to then raise it via 1.9
Honestly even low level buildings 1.9 tends to work out better math-wise. People not yet ready to break even on 1.9 can still get blueprints far cheaper by taking 5ths on 1.9 anyways and "losing" 5-10 FP (for often multiple blueprints). And their own discount on having others pay 1.9 on theirs is more than they should expect to get back from swaps and will likely exceed what they lose from having to pay for blueprints. (For a select few who swap aggressively they may be able to do better with swaps but that's at the expense of others who don't do so well; in an equitable situation they're probably better off using 1.9).

But, the difference is not so huge at low levels that if you "feel better" about swaps than 1.9, it's fine. You might save 50-100 FP per level if you did 1.9 instead, but even on a relatively new world these days, that's like a day or two.

Sharmon the Impaler

The way I leveled my Arc to the 1.6 sweet spot (47) was on a private 1.2 thread with 4 other people , and we all leveled our Arcs at the same time with no positions locked and 0 risk of sniping or revenge flipping. It only takes 1 member with a lot of FP to start the flip ball rolling with each person in succession needing less on hand FP to level the next in line.