• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

mineseA

Some corrections:
Age of PlayerEras of Units Player can ReceiveGuide Part (Link)
Bronze Age through Early Middle AgesEarly Middle AgesPart 1
Late Middle AgesColonial AgePart 1
Colonial AgeIndustrial Age, Progressive EraPart 2 and Part 3
Industrial Age through Arctic FutureProgressive Era - Oceanic Future*Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5
Oceanic Future onwardCan not receive higher era unitsn/a

*CE units can only be gotten in PME.
The part I bolded I believe should be corrected to just Bronze Age through Iron Age because of course EMA people can get EMA troops.
s6ceuGF.png
I don't know if they updated it or something, but Steilurz is actually Steilsturz,

However, even though it is marked green, avoid taking Las Penas if possible. If you take Las Penas the Bonus Questline will be triggered.
And Garrincton.

You missed some of the quests such as Get Okahe (Both Alternatives) and scout out.

Modern Era Troops
On the Modern Era map, it is important to fight the first two provinces. This triggers the side quest "Rin Gozen's Warriors," which yields 4 Bazooka Teams (light units) after completing the story quest "Rin Gozen's Honor." The early acquisition of these Bazookas is very helpful in fighting the remainder of the map. After completing the western portion of the ME cMap, the player receives 3 more Bazooka Teams (light units).

Additionally, fighting sectors of Toimuro and Hiromaguchi will yield an additional 2 Mechanized Infantry (fast units) and 2 Battle Tanks (heavy units).

In total, by fighting on the ME cMap, the player gains 2 Paratroopers (ranged units), 2 Mechanized Infantry (fast units), 2 Battle Tanks (heavy units), and 7 Bazooka Teams (light units). This era's story will require researching 1 technology.
Just note that you should fight every on every province in the ME CMap.

In addition, while not confirmed on all the triggers yet, to trigger the quest "Che, Again" which yields 2 Commandos (light units), I took Trung Doi, while having taken only the sectors of Rung Chien Dau required by the questline. I left Day Du Ao alone
I got this quest before I even reached Trung Doi and Day Du Ao, and I completely took Rung Chien Dau, so you can take Rung Chien Dau and still get this quest.

Later in the questline, the player receives 4 Commandos (light units) and 1 PME Champion (heavy unit). As one of the last quests, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare," the player is given a choice between aborting the quest or fulfilling it. By aborting this quest, the player will be able to receive 2 Rocket Artillery. In total this way, the player can gain 5 MG Teams (ranged units), 7 Commandos (light units), 1 PME Champion (heavy unit), and 2 Rocket Artillery (artillery units). The PME story quests require researching 3 technologies. After receiving the Rocket Artillery, the player is tech blocked until they reach PME.
I feel like here you should note that you shouldn't abort nor complete this quest here, as someone could do that and get tech blocked.

Might be helpful, might not be.

UBERhelp1

Some corrections:

The part I bolded I believe should be corrected to just Bronze Age through Iron Age because of course EMA people can get EMA troops.

I don't know if they updated it or something, but Steilurz is actually Steilsturz,

And Garrincton.

You missed some of the quests such as Get Okahe (Both Alternatives) and scout out.

Just note that you should fight every on every province in the ME CMap.

I got this quest before I even reached Trung Doi and Day Du Ao, and I completely took Rung Chien Dau, so you can take Rung Chien Dau and still get this quest.

I feel like here you should note that you shouldn't abort nor complete this quest here, as someone could do that and get tech blocked.

Might be helpful, might not be.
1. Yes
2. Yup, I can't spell.
3. No, since you need Garrincton to get to the PE map, while the same isn't true for Las Penas. Everyone will take Garrincton, not everyone will (nor should) take LP
4. I'll look into it tomorrow! Thanks for catching it.
5. Why? There's no reason to if you'd rather negotiate, other than to fight the last few provinces for the extra units.
6. Ok. I wasn't sure on that for a while and no one confirmed otherwise. Thanks.
7. Yes and no. If you don't have any techs left, it would be better to go for the Rocket Artillery. I'll probably add a little blurb there though explaining that.

Thanks!

RichinZhills

CE Notes:
So just took the second province, Khail, in CE by fighting as I don't have the goods to negotiate. Simply using 1, 2, or 3 MG units depending on the enemy units and the rest Rogues fighting manually. I've had to move into the Modern Age due to lack of techs, but not tech blocked on "Truth or Dare?", it's still sitting there with 2x Recurring quests.
While I'm taking these sectors in CE, should I expect the Story quests to kick back in if I keep finishing the RQ's? I've completed a few & aborted a few, but the RQ's keep coming back. Or will the Story only kick back in by Aborting one in the TE or FE map if I get that far? Just wondering what I should expect from CE. When I mentioned the Side Quests, a bunch of them simply kicked in when I got to the CE map and may have been queued up. After I aborted a few of them, they went away back into the two RQ's.

Sorry if I ask a lot, but I have 14 worlds and would like to see if I can keep the majority in and around Modern and have advanced units in all of them.

UBERhelp1

CE Notes:
So just took the second province, Khail, in CE by fighting as I don't have the goods to negotiate. Simply using 1, 2, or 3 MG units depending on the enemy units and the rest Rogues fighting manually. I've had to move into the Modern Age due to lack of techs, but not tech blocked on "Truth or Dare?", it's still sitting there with 2x Recurring quests.
While I'm taking these sectors in CE, should I expect the Story quests to kick back in if I keep finishing the RQ's? I've completed a few & aborted a few, but the RQ's keep coming back. Or will the Story only kick back in by Aborting one in the TE or FE map if I get that far? Just wondering what I should expect from CE. When I mentioned the Side Quests, a bunch of them simply kicked in when I got to the CE map and may have been queued up. After I aborted a few of them, they went away back into the two RQ's.

Sorry if I ask a lot, but I have 14 worlds and would like to see if I can keep the majority in and around Modern and have advanced units in all of them.
You're good. You only get one CE quest later on, and after that you have to wait until either TE or FE for the story to start again.

Have been following this guide and MooingCat. Have a question. I am in Industrial and have done all the PME map but have not scouted to the ship yet. I have finished but not completed quest #38 which gives a Champion. In the guide it says to not complete quest 39) DON'T ABORT OR COMPLETE THIS QUEST! When you complete this side quest you will get a PME story quest that requires you to research a PME technology. If you want further higher age units you need to keep this quest active at all times. Only abort or complete this when you have gotten all the higher age units you want!

So my question is if I do not complete #38 am I good to continue doing recurring quests? This is my Beta city and Doing the Fall Event. The recurring quests rewards sometimes help with event quests.

UBERhelp1

Have been following this guide and MooingCat. Have a question. I am in Industrial and have done all the PME map but have not scouted to the ship yet. I have finished but not completed quest #38 which gives a Champion. In the guide it says to not complete quest 39) DON'T ABORT OR COMPLETE THIS QUEST! When you complete this side quest you will get a PME story quest that requires you to research a PME technology. If you want further higher age units you need to keep this quest active at all times. Only abort or complete this when you have gotten all the higher age units you want!

So my question is if I do not complete #38 am I good to continue doing recurring quests? This is my Beta city and Doing the Fall Event. The recurring quests rewards sometimes help with event quests.
You can keep doing Recurring quests whenever. Just be careful not to complete Truth or Dare.

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v2.12
  • Fixed InA Quest Flowchart
  • Added improved "Truth or Dare" blurb
  • Improved clarity of information in some sections
  • Fixed minor errors
Thank you to @mineseA for finding some changes that needed to be made.

.Xav.

Higher Age Units Guide v2.12
  • Fixed InA Quest Flowchart
  • Added improved "Truth or Dare" blurb
  • Improved clarity of information in some sections
  • Fixed minor errors
Thank you to @mineseA for finding some changes that needed to be made.
Hi! the InA part shows the quest flowchart twice instead of showing the map first since your edit. The updated flowchart is much clearer that way though thx!

UBERhelp1

Hi! the InA part shows the quest flowchart twice instead of showing the map first since your edit. The updated flowchart is much clearer that way though thx!
Ha! You are right! To even it out, I've now updated the guide to have the map shown twice. (just kidding)

Any idea what will happen if you complete Truth or Dare somewhere in the middle of receiving TE-OF units and then complete the PME questline? Will you jump back to TE-OF? Or get the CE story questline first?

UBERhelp1

Any idea what will happen if you complete Truth or Dare somewhere in the middle of receiving TE-OF units and then complete the PME questline? Will you jump back to TE-OF? Or get the CE story questline first?
My best guess is that you complete/abort Truth or Dare, complete the PME story, get the rest of the CE story (possibly still skipping past the rest of CE, if you still have the correct provinces skipped, and then go back to where you are. Of course, that would only work in PME. Any age below that and you'd be stuck with the PME blocker.

Anna-

Hello, friends!
I would like to thank UBERhelp1 for creating a great guide, as well as all those who also took part in it. And of course FluffyPhoenix for his bold experiment in BA.
Next we will talk about BA.
I have been in BA for 830 days. You can see my city at the moment.
On the map of continents, I have completely passed BA, IA, EMA (2 provinces that could have been skipped in the EMA). All this was passed by battles, with the exception of only a few negotiations, when it was required by the task of the event. I am currently in HMA on the map.
The main quest task that I still have hanging undone is "Knowledge - power" (the main task of IA No. 3 is to investigate the military construction).
There are 14 unexplored BA technologies in stock, 100 million coins, 50 million resources and all the goods needed to negotiate provinces up to and including AF.
Why am I telling you all this?
The bold experiment of FluffyPhoenix ended in failure - it was impossible to get FE units in BA.
I want to continue his experiment by lowering the bar. Try to get TE, CE, PME, ME, PE or at least InA or CA units in BA.
I have absolutely everything for this. Quests have also been completed a bit so far. I just need your wise advice - which units to really try to get, the sequence of capturing provinces and what to do with quests.
Let's try it? Which units can you really swing at? I am waiting for your suggestions. Thank you!

Attachments

• BA.png
    BA.png
    871.4 KB · Views: 9

UBERhelp1

Hello, friends!
I would like to thank UBERhelp1 for creating a great guide, as well as all those who also took part in it. And of course FluffyPhoenix for his bold experiment in BA.
Next we will talk about BA.
I have been in BA for 830 days. You can see my city at the moment.
On the map of continents, I have completely passed BA, IA, EMA (2 provinces that could have been skipped in the EMA). All this was passed by battles, with the exception of only a few negotiations, when it was required by the task of the event. I am currently in HMA on the map.
The main quest task that I still have hanging undone is "Knowledge - power" (the main task of IA No. 3 is to investigate the military construction).
There are 14 unexplored BA technologies in stock, 100 million coins, 50 million resources and all the goods needed to negotiate provinces up to and including AF.
Why am I telling you all this?
The bold experiment of FluffyPhoenix ended in failure - it was impossible to get FE units in BA.
I want to continue his experiment by lowering the bar. Try to get TE, CE, PME, ME, PE or at least InA or CA units in BA.
I have absolutely everything for this. Quests have also been completed a bit so far. I just need your wise advice - which units to really try to get, the sequence of capturing provinces and what to do with quests.
Let's try it? Which units can you really swing at? I am waiting for your suggestions. Thank you!
That's quite the impressive BA city! I don't think though that you'll have much luck with getting troops. If Fluffy couldn't get any I don't know if there is a way. If you would want to try though, I would just push the continent map to whichever age you want and then advance the story. Pick whichever age you want, I honestly don't think it'll make a difference. Someone else might have a different idea though?