• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Presidential Election?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser34

Hi Domi, actually you needed to read some of the listed hot topics (click the links within the link and read the articles) to find the debunking of the things Cat listed.

Cat, you are merely presenting more distortions from more emails gone viral. Right off the bat, the first one in the second list u posed is debunked by one of the listed Hot Topics in my earlier pink from Factcheck.

Oh and both Dom and Cat, you see --- this is how it works. Mix in one or two minor yet valid statements with a mass of outrageous fabrications. After that, don't bother to validate each and every one... rather claim "some" are correct while others are disputed and don't bother to point out which is what, leaving readers to assume most are valid (or even "some" of the outrageous ones) when almost none are, and absolutely one of the outrageous ones. That's a tactic of propagandists, and now you two are utilizing that tactic?

However, more important is that instead of posting "factual" reasons "to" vote for the Romney & Ryan GOP candidates, instead a mass of propaganda, almost all false, is used as an argument "not" to vote for their opponent.

C'mon, you two can do better than that. Bring us the facts, the evidence, the "legitimate" sources instead of emails and blogs. Kick this up a few notches.

Hahahaha, hell, I didn't put a lick of interest in that list...and I agree with you. It has just enough truth to make it sound plausible. I actually did click on your links, and I enjoyed the read. As I stated, I am not quite sure I won't be voting for Obama this election...I simply corrected your blanket statement that they were all false :p

*quick everyone run from me, lightning will strike at any moment for blasphemy

And all those piddly crap things that that list eluded to are of no value to me. That is not anywhere near the reason I will or will not vote for Obama. It all comes down to economics for me. That at this point in time is all I care about. Truth be told, my biggest beef of this past presidential term has been the lack of a budget. They griped about the House's budget, but the Senates budget written by a democrat has not even made it to the floor to be voted on. If they would at least get it on the floor and vote it yes or no, the representatives budget can be dealt with in committee. But they haven't even put a Senate budget up. Why? That is my huge kicker. We can't keep going on the way we are, so it ALL boils down to economics for me. I have decided THAT is my key issue, and depending on that, will I decide.

DeletedUser

But how much does that have to do with political party and how much does it have to do with politicians? Senators have been notorious for not getting things done since ancient Rome. All it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, really.

DeletedUser34

not true... until recently, even as recently as Bush's first term, and Clinton's LAST term, both sides were able to meet in a compromise. Now, it isn't the politicians so much as the party. The Politicians need to be reelected, and they need the party's help and so that is the power they throw around. It is the fact of career politicians. These days if you look at votes in Congress, you will find the vast majority straight along party lines, with very little cross over. And to be honest it is sad really. Far more gets done for the better if people would meet more often in the middle......MUCH LIKE ME on the poll :p

DeletedUser

If my sources were accurate, it seems it was largely Republicans that were refusing to compromise. Democrats gave a lot of ground, more than they needed to as the majority.

DeletedUser34

I'd say your sources would be inaccurate. In the Senate, a democrat wrote a budget, they have the numbers to pass it...and with it the houses bill would then go to committee, and something would come out....But the senate democratic budget has never even been brought to the floor. The senate is a democratic majority. The Republicans would be ramshawded out of the way, very much like they did with the healthcare bill.

oh and for back up, since I know you will ask :p
Washington Times article

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's just the thing... like I said. They could have, since they are the majority, but instead the Democrats are trying to bargain with the Republicans. If they had indeed just ramshawded them out of the way for the healthcare bill, the bill would not have been so diminished in its final form. They wouldn't have bothered to compromise.

As for the article, it proves my point: "Mr. Conrad said he wasn’t going to be able to reach a bipartisan agreement on a budget plan and he decided instead to try to kick-start a longer-term debate." They're trying to work with the Republicans, and that's what's holding them back.

DeletedUser34

what? you are kidding right? Senate passes a bill, House passes a bill. Bill goes to committee, and comes out. There is no "sides" in committee. It is thrown together as it sits and a hodgepodge comes out. A bill can't change coming out of committee. it is what it is. But it can't go to committee IF the senate won't pass theirs. To which Harry Reid flat refuses to do. THAT has nothing to do with republicans...you better reread my article.

DeletedUser

Its a damn shame we can't get a decent candidate. What's worse? How many people in the country and they give us these choices? I think someone should be elected who has NO background in politics WHATSOEVER! We need a president who is joe blow, just a guy who wants to fix the country.
Also known as an incompetent twit :p What we really need is a well-backed candidate who has no political party -- George Washington anyone?

DeletedUser34

LOLOLOL....why? The senate and house would simply stonewall him (pun intended)

DeletedUser

LOLOLOL....why? The senate and house would simply stonewall him (pun intended)
Lol, you laughing at your own joke there or the idea of pure genius I posed? :p You reckon x political party is more likely to refuse to compromise with an independent or their rival second party? Someone experienced working for the nation would be a heck of a lot better than someone working for their party.

DeletedUser

I read the article, and it mentions how hard it was to pass bipartisan bills... bills that both sides will agree on. Yes, sides. The parties are sides, and the fact of the matter is that neither side is willing to yield as much as the other side wants them to. Ergo, ongoing argument, ergo, nothing gets done. I'm not blaming the Republicans; I'm just saying that the Democrats could have pushed past them and didn't.

What we need is someone that can phrase things in such a way that they can't very well disagree without losing public support.

DeletedUser34

UMMMM you better brush up there ;)
House Republicans last month pushed their budget plan through their chamber on a 228-191 vote.
Without a companion bill from the Senate, however, there is no chance to negotiate a final agreement. So on Tuesday, House Republicans passed a resolution that orders the chamber’s annual spending bills be written to comply with the House budget.
very bottom of the article. They don't need the republicans in the senate....point in fact, every republican can vote against it, and it would still sail through.
Hanging over the discussion is Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, who had steadfastly said he would not bring a budget to the floor this year
It has nothing to do with the republicans, because they can't even argue yay or nay if harry reid refuses to bring it up.

And the only time there would have to be compromise is in the committee, which has to blend BOTH bills, very much like they did...oh wait EXACTLY like they did the healthcare bill...except unless THE SENATE does their part, nothing can be done. Who owns the senate? 53 Democrats vs. 47 republicans? Really....they are going to blow through a healthcare bill and fight tooth and nail on that, but then turn around and say oh we can't argue a budget knowing they WILL WIN? Come on.....

DeletedUser

I know they don't need the Republicans to pass it. That's exactly what I've been saying. I'm also saying that, for some reason, they're trying to be bipartisan instead, when they don't need to be.

DeletedUser34

BULL HOCKEY pumpkin donut swirl flavored horse manure...that is bull if I ever heard bull. We need a budget and they will fight to the eye teeth for healthcare, but not a budget? I have NEVER hear such crap as an excuse in my life.....
hang on I have an old grepolis siggy that fits this situation perfectly...let me load it up to tinypic

you ready?
[SPOIL]
2vs2cus.png

IT WAS my siggie for almost 2 months!!!! :p [/SPOIL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

BULL HOCKEY pumpkin donut swirl flavored horse manure...that is bull if I ever heard bull. We need a budget and they will fight to the eye teeth for healthcare, but not a budget? I have NEVER hear such crap as an excuse in my life.....
...Nothing you just said had anything to do with what I said. I... didn't make any excuses. Seriously, what are you even talking about? What am I saying that you are arguing with?
My points:
-Republicans and Democrats argue a lot.
-Democrats could be more forceful than they are currently being.

The latter you've said yourself and the former, I don't think anyone would disagree with. So, just. Are we having two completely separate conversations or what? Quote one of the above points and tell me why it is wrong, because those are the only assertions I have made.

That is indeed a well-made bit of propaganda from a You-Tube account active for a little over a week. I checked out their website. All I know about them is what it says at the bottom of the main page...
Contributions are not tax deductible.
Not authorized by and candidate or candidate committee.
©Copyright 2012, Special Operations (OPSEC) Political Committee

Use of military ranks, titles & photographs in uniform does not imply endorsement of the Dept of the Army or the Department of Defense.
All individuals are no longer on active service with any federal agency or military service.
Who are these mysterious people asking for my money?

DeletedUser34

you are obviously clueless about how a budget works.....to blame the republicans in a democratic senate is hilarious. Even I don't do that to democrats...And I have been known to really pull some whoppers...

DeletedUser

Except I didn't say that. No seriously point out where I said that. I repeated the two points I made in a handy list how did you even aaaargh

Okay, new rule. I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts here that are responding to things you imagined I said without acknowledging things I actually said. Or better yet, I'll start arguing back in the same manner, addressing arguments that were never made.

What do you mean the moon landing was faked you silly silly person?

DeletedUser

That is indeed a well-made bit of propaganda from a You-Tube account active for a little over a week. I checked out their website. All I know about them is what it says at the bottom of the main page...

Who are these mysterious people asking for my money?
Indeed, that video would make for some great material to analyse in an English course. Plenty of manipulative techniques to convey its point, which it really only sustains up to the 45s mark anyway.

DeletedUser

Okay time to put this one to bed. There will never be any serious elections until some amendments are done to the constitution.

1. People on welfare should not be allowed to vote
2. People employed by the government should not be allowed to vote.
3. The age to vote should be raised to 35.
4. Dropouts should not be be allowed to vote.
5. "babies daddy" should not be allowed to vote.
6. People who think rap music is a form of art should not be allowed to vote.
7. People who think that aliens from outer space, came all the way to the planet earth to kill a cow or leave graffiti in a corn field should not be allowed to vote.
8. People who think OJ Simpson is innocent should not be allowed to vote.
9. Males with earrings, carry a man purse, or wear mesh anything should not be allowed to vote.
10. People with tattoos should not be allowed to vote.

Put these 10 things into effect and you will see how much better off the country is. Until then all elections will be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.