• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Death Penalty

DeletedUser

well IMO if you are referring to the bible on weather or not the death penalty is ok or not.
you might as well look to fairy tailswhile your at it. I will give you 3 reasons the death penalty is not okay.
1.It is not our life to take
2.a persons life can not be measured in worth. not even when being measured by the weight of their crimes
3.everybody deserves a second chance to start living their life the way God intended
--------------
I want you to look at these names these are the names of 23 men that were sentenced and put to death that were innocent.these men were victims of they system and their families are the victims. these are innocent men executed for a crime that they didnt commit.so when you are reading their names remember these are real people like you and me who were executed for a crime that they never commited

List
1.Adams, James
2.Anderson, William
3.Applegate, Everett
4.Bambrick, Thomas
5.Becker, Charles
6.Cirofici, Frank
7.Collins, Roosevelt
8.Dawson, Sie
9.Garner, Vance
10.Grzechowiak, Stephen
11.Hauptmann, Bruno
12.Hill, Joe
13.Lauble, Harold
14.Mays, Maurice
15.McGee, Willie
16.Rybarczyk, Max
17.Sacco, Nicola
18.Sanders, Albert
19.Sberna, Charles
20.Shumway, R. Mead
21.Tucker, Charles
23.Wing, George Che

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34

Ummm, I am not using the bible to validate the death penalty. Learn to read my post.
And secondly, did you really just post a wiki of innocent people with the most recent example being 28 years ago?

1. Adams, James................murder......1984 (10 years on death row)
  2. Anderson, William...........rape..........1945
  3. Applegate, Everett..........murder.......1936
  4. Bambrick, Thomas..........murder.......1915
  5. Becker, Charles...............murder.......1912 (see Cirofici)
  6. Cirofici, Frank.................murder.......1912 (see Becker)
  7. Collins, Roosevelt............rape..........1945 (aka Roosevelt Wilson)
  8. Dawson, Sie...................murder.......1960
  9. Garner, Vance................murder........1905
  10. Grzechowiak, Stephen.....murder.......1929 (see Rybarczyk)
  11. Hauptmann, Bruno.........murder........1935 (accused of the baby Lindbergh kidnap-murder)
  12. Hill, Joe.........................murder.......1915 (aka Joseph Hillstrom)
  13. Lauble, Harold...............murder........1920 (aka George Brandon)
  14. Mays, Maurice...............murder........1919
  15. McGee, Willie................rape............1951 (6 years on death row)
  16. Rybarczyk, Max.............murder........1929 (see Grzechowiak)
  17. Sacco, Nicola................murder.........1927 (7 years on death row, see Vanzetti)
  18. Sanders, Albert.............murder........1917
  19. Sberna, Charles............murder.........1938 (murder of police officer)
  20. Shumway, R. Mead........murder........1907 (victim's husband later confessed)
  21. Tucker, Charles.............unknown......1905
  22. Vanzetti, Bartolomeo.....murder.........1927 (see Sacco)
  23. Wing, George Chew.......unknown......1937

*sigh* The death penalty phase of today is a far cry different than the death penalty of yesterday. The qualifications are different, and even in such cases (casey Anthony) where the state somehow gets it, the jury isn't as ignorant and gullible as it once was. I can't believe you posted this list....how funny. A list that is so easily nit picked.

DeletedUser

I think that if there is absolutely no doubt that the person did it that they should suffer in the exact way their victim did. Right down to the last detail.

Not only that but I think the bill for the cost of everything right down to the umbrella and catering for the judge watching the execution should be sent to the family.

I'm sorry but I'm a cold blooded person when it comes to this stuff.

DeletedUser

well i looked it up on they internet so for anyone who does look to they bible to see if they death penalty is okay it isnt here is a list of churches that oppose the use of the death penalty.so with this being stated i feel it safe to assume the Death penalty defintally doesnt fall into the WWJD catagory.and is not what any commited christan would/should do.
-------------
National Council of Churches
The National Council of Churches, which represents 35 mainstream Protestant and Orthodox churches, has advocated for the abolition of the death penalty since 1968.
------------
American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A.
Since 1982, the American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. has opposed capital punishment in the United States.
------------
Catholicism
Although the Catechism of the Catholic Church sanctions the use of the death penalty as a last recourse, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has repeatedly called for the abolition of capital punishment in the United States in all circumstances.
---------------------------
Presbyterian Church (U.S.A)
Since its first official statement on the issue in 1959, reaffirmed again in 1977 and 1978, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has opposed the death penalty.
--------------------------
United Methodist Church
In 1956, the General Conference of the United Methodist Church passed legislation officially declaring the church’s opposition to the death penalty. In 1980 and 2000, the church passed resolutions reaffirming its opposition and encouraging its membership to advocate for the abolition of capital punishment.

DeletedUser

death is inevitalbe. we try so hard to impress ouselves, we are such do gooders. with that said...
...we live in a civilization, we want to protect our future, our future are our children. should we let people or thier seed grow to kill us and our future? I think not. I do believe in our justice system, just as any system, it has faults. I would sacrifice my life (if wrongly accused, but not willingly) to rid of 1 murderer that would (could) kill many inocent people. we are an imperfect race (species) but why is it so wrong to kill virus that kills us.

DeletedUser

we want to protect our future, our future are our children. should we let people or thier seed grow to kill us and our future? .
are you stating that children will grow up to be as bad as their parents? because that is a theory not fact. and people should not be reflected on by they actions of their parents

we are an imperfect race (species) but why is it so wrong to kill virus that kills us.
hold on people who are put on death row aarnt a virus they are living breathing human beings like you and me and should be treated as such.they are people who have lifes and should be be valued as an individual human being not looked at as if they were a virus

DeletedUser

i am sorry that you think so highly of us humans, but we are destructive... and you missed my valid point (just like any extremist)...

DeletedUser

Why because i realize the value of a human life?
or because I can see that us humans have great poential.
and not only do we have they ability to destroy life but also they ability to create life.
or that each person is a unique individual worthy of life.And that the worth of someones life isnt measured by the weight of their crimes

DeletedUser

all it takes is one slip... and you are dead. should that not relate to any person making a mistake. kill someone (slip) and you die... where is the weight of ones' life,... especially if they make the mistake of taking anothers' life?

DeletedUser

because it is not for us to decide if someone should live or die its not ours to take.
and if we did we would be just as guilty as the person who commited the crime.
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

DeletedUser

I think that if there is absolutely no doubt that the person did it that they should suffer in the exact way their victim did. Right down to the last detail.
To be found guilty of a crime, a jury must believe the defendant has been proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. People still get wrongly convicted. There can never be absolutely no doubt that the defendant did it... if that's your standard, no-one should ever face the death penalty.

And secondly, did you really just post a wiki of innocent people with the most recent example being 28 years ago?
That we know of ;)

DeletedUser

To be found guilty of a crime, a jury must believe the defendant has been proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt. People still get wrongly convicted. There can never be absolutely no doubt that the defendant did it... if that's your standard, no-one should ever face the death penalty.

No.. Your twisting my meaning.. McVeigh, Manson, Bundy, BTK.. Get it now? Absolutely. Or with your standard there is no way that these guys absolutely did it.. I wonder if we can still call up and get Manson off since there is no way that he is absolutely guilty of his crimes.

DeletedUser

well so from what i picked up their is no forensic evidence tieing him to the crime.so the case is circumstantial and the man who testified against him which is basically what the prosecution relied on to make their case is out on parole while hes on death row. am i correct? that sounds suspicious and IMO he should be given life and not the death penalty

DeletedUser34

lolol...off the record I was discussing the batman movie massacre and how he is absolutely guilty, and I was informed how do I know....the craziness of such a question blew my mind, but I have a high degree of respect for who I was talking to.....so I realized he was playing the devils advocate...BUT more to the point, I happen to think in order to get the death penalty, cases like that AND those Cat mentioned, are absolutely without a doubt warranting the death penalty.

DeletedUser

Ha.. I forgot about that guy.. Yeah, no way that dude is absolutely guilty either. One thing that did confuse me was how the blood trail went to the corner of the building but the guy was by his car.

Its almost like he started to run, turned around and went to stand by his car.

DeletedUser

No.. Your twisting my meaning.. McVeigh, Manson, Bundy, BTK.. Get it now? Absolutely. Or with your standard there is no way that these guys absolutely did it.. I wonder if we can still call up and get Manson off since there is no way that he is absolutely guilty of his crimes.
If you can define for me the difference between someone convicted beyond all reasonable doubt and someone convicted beyond all doubt then I will duly consider your argument. How many witnesses do I need, with what level of reliability? To what crimes can it apply? What standard of DNA testing do I require? How many police officers must have cross checked the case? I'll stand to be proven wrong that defining definite guilt is something you cannot ever do, and hence cannot ever put into law. It follows if the idea cannot ever be put into practise, it's not worth the paper it's written on. Like communism -- perfect in theory, rubbish in practise.

DeletedUser34

well so from what i picked up their is no forensic evidence tieing him to the crime.so the case is circumstantial and the man who testified against him which is basically what the prosecution relied on to make their case is out on parole while hes on death row. am i correct? that sounds suspicious and IMO he should be given life and not the death penalty

I am just going to put this out there....I find it hilarious you say this when you have a RAC band posted as your signature. Really? Are you trying to be contradicting?

DeletedUser

RAC Band? not sure what that is but my signiature was made to look Punk and Rebellious it is not anything else.and my avatar is a celtic sign of love but lets get back to the topic at hand.and not side rail the conversation

DeletedUser

And for the record, "Mr Cool" would still feel that way if he was in that situation. It is pretty simple.... It is better to have a handful of innocent people locked up then to have boat loads of criminals walking the streets. So by saying that innocent people get put to death, so it should be banned. Well then innocent people get imprisoned so that should be banned. I am seeing a pattern here. It seems no matter what the debate, the people on the far left of things want perfection. Perfection is not possible! In wars, innocent people die. In prisons innocent people die, go insane or become criminals. In police shootouts innocent people die. Why should the death penalty be any different? I guess I just do not value an individual life as much as some. Maybe it is because I do not place such a high value on my own. There are 7 BILLION people on the planet. It will do just fine without me or the casualties of injustice. We are all gonna die. If I die for being wrongly accused it will be no worse then dying from a person who just had to read that text message while driving. At least there is some justice in the legal system. There really is none in the million other ways to die.