• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Neighborhood Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16881

I realize that plundering is part of the game but really now being put in a neighborhood with neighbors 4 and 5 ages above me is just overkill.

Getting steamrolled with tanks and helicopters from neighbors that are in the Contemporary Era and Tomorrow Ages against my Industrial Age troops is just ridiculous.

You might as well just put a message in my avatar free coins, supplies and products with the times they can collect lol. No need to attack.

It is far to easy for these top players to plunder there neighbors. Not exactly what I would call fair play as you have no chance at all at revenging them.

I really think that this is a major flaw in the game and I know a few people that have already stop playing because of it.

It's one thing to be plundered by someone 1 or 2 ages above you where you might have a chance of recouping your losses. It's another thing being plundered by people whom have a totally unfair advantage.

I really think that this issue needs to be addressed and neighborhoods kept in balance. The strong will always pray on the weak but this is just overkill.

DeletedUser10806

Whilst I feel for you, there are many many other threads on a similar subject.
2 options really:
1) Deal with it. Strengthen your defense as best you can and hunker down to ride out the storm, trying to collect as much of your produce as possible. There are a million tips out there for minimizing loss to plundering, but it's part of the game and aint gonna go away
2) Have a good whinge - won't help at all but might make you feel better.

DeletedUser16881

Thank you for your reply. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post. I am sure there are a million tips on how to minimize plundering some of which I use already but it still doesn't make it right. And if there are other threads of people voicing there opinion on this topic then obviously it effects them as well.

Maybe it aint gonna go away anytime soon but saying something about it is better than saying nothing at all so I surely don't agree with you second option. Most changes are made by commenting or complaining about it so it is always good to voice your opinions. Anyways for now I will just have to grin and bear it as I don't have much choice if want to continue playing but it dose make me feel better to say something about it.

DeletedUser8428

While I understand your frustration, what I don't understand is this insistence on making this game a different game.

I would love to play NFL Football. Love it, great game. But I haven't been playing long and I only weigh 100 lbs. It isn't fair that the owners encourage these 280 lb giants to tackle and hurt me. I demand they stop - can't they see how unfair it is? OK, so they should allow players to choose if they want to get tackled or not - players with green shirts are not allowed to be tackled. No? OK, then they should create a separate schedule so that players that do not want to be tackled can only play with each other and players who want to get tackled can have at it.

Except that this other green-shirted group is no longer playing NFL football. Not sure what they're playing, but it is NOT NFL Football. This is a ridiculous argument.

I absolutely understand that there are people that do not like how the game is played. But THIS IS THE GAME. I don't like it that every time my brother and I play monopoly, he sends me to jail. But that's how the game is played.

There are proposals and suggestions about reducing the span of neighborhoods to prevent those in advanced ages from using those in lower ages as grocery stores :). I get it.

But if your issue is plunder - if you are going to freak any time ANYONE plunders you? This is NOT the game for you because attack/plunder is not going away. It IS the game.

DeletedUser21626

plunderings

Thank you for your reply. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post. I am sure there are a million tips on how to minimize plundering some of which I use already but it still doesn't make it right. And if there are other threads of people voicing there opinion on this topic then obviously it effects them as well.

Maybe it aint gonna go away anytime soon but saying something about it is better than saying nothing at all so I surely don't agree with you second option. Most changes are made by commenting or complaining about it so it is always good to voice your opinions. Anyways for now I will just have to grin and bear it as I don't have much choice if want to continue playing but it dose make me feel better to say something about it.

It may also be that they're just looking to gain points in PvP. If you change up your troops and put in two spears sometimes then your max another day you *might* catch em. I like to attack lower era's with different troops than my top ones so I can gain points in various era's. If I do that a day or two and find spears I go lower on them. Just a thought...

However, I do agree that more than 2 or so eras seperation really is silly in a neighborhood.

DeletedUser8428

Be aware, if you restrict the ages too closely, you prevent players (like me) from MP players who are ahead of me in the game and they are a wonderful source of blueprints that I do not have. If the only other players I'm exposed to are in the same age I am? They have nothing I want.

DeletedUser15042

It sucks to get destroyed, but welcome to a game of war. It is part of it. Collect on time and they can attack you and it has ZERO effect on your game. You do not loose troops and you do not loose goods/coins/etc.

DeletedUser21417

I agree with you. I spent way too much time building "armies" so I could stop the same 4 people from attacking me. I just wanted to build a nice world. A agree also with the post that said perhaps just having 2 ages seperate the attacks would be nice.

DeletedUser

Be aware, if you restrict the ages too closely, you prevent players (like me) from MP players who are ahead of me in the game and they are a wonderful source of blueprints that I do not have. If the only other players I'm exposed to are in the same age I am? They have nothing I want.

While the current system does need an improved algorithm (e.g., in one of my world neighborhoods there is a COLONIAL player with the next highest being in the EMA), this above comment is THE REASON why the general neighborhoods need to stay the same.

DeletedUser16844

Face it the dev's don't seem to care. They call it a war game but it is only a farming game. 900k vs 56k players can't survive Dev's if you can't move me delete my account. I have been plundered to death by the bots long enough.

DeletedUser10415

Got no guildmates more advanced than you? Friends?

DeletedUser8428

No guildies more advanced. Lots of friends ... but where do you think I found them? In the neighborhoods I've been moved into.

DeletedUser10415

Or you could have gone to the player rankings for them, or ally guilds.

DeletedUser17988

I think part of the problem is you are moving to quickly through the ages. Slow down a bit. Take your time, Collect the GB's from the era's you're in before moving on. Donate to your guild. You will start to notice that the others will move away, in time. Don't level up until you have stronger defence. Also, do the treasure hunt, They give you units that are of your current level.

DeletedUser17558

I think part of the problem is you are moving to quickly through the ages. Slow down a bit. Take your time, Collect the GB's from the era's you're in before moving on. Donate to your guild. You will start to notice that the others will move away, in time. Don't level up until you have stronger defence. Also, do the treasure hunt, They give you units that are of your current level.

Excellent diagnosis. I see this all the time in my hood when new people with only a few 100k are now ME and get moved into my hood. They thought they were outdistancing their hoodmates but all it did was shove them into a hood they weren't ready for. This does not take into account the Iron age guy stuck with a bunch of CE and TE guys, but it does explain the majority of complaints.

I moved up in my hood through fighting and attrition, not plowing through the tech tree. While no one is telling you how to play, this is all good advice.

DeletedUser9184

Excellent diagnosis. I see this all the time in my hood when new people with only a few 100k are now ME and get moved into my hood. They thought they were outdistancing their hoodmates but all it did was shove them into a hood they weren't ready for. This does not take into account the Iron age guy stuck with a bunch of CE and TE guys, but it does explain the majority of complaints.

I moved up in my hood through fighting and attrition, not plowing through the tech tree. While no one is telling you how to play, this is all good advice.
Until I reached the end of the tech tree for my first time, my goal was to reach the end of the tech tree as quickly as possible. I'm not sure if these are other players' goals, but it's pretty hard to change their opinion if it is.

DeletedUser17558

Until I reached the end of the tech tree for my first time, my goal was to reach the end of the tech tree as quickly as possible. I'm not sure if these are other players' goals, but it's pretty hard to change their opinion if it is.

It was mine when I first started too but then I realized that I didn't like the direction I was going. I altered my strategy and it has worked out very well.

DeletedUser17153

I agree with this post. Neighborhoods should be fair for the sake of competition. I know how to protect my goods from being plundered, but for all you people who are saying things like, "Deal with it" or "It is just part of the game" sorry, but it shouldn't have to be part of the game or dealt with. I currently have 8 neighbors who are 30+ times my power. They are 3 to 4 levels ahead of me. When it comes to fighting in the Towers for Medals, they are taking the top spots and hard to compete with. When it comes to protecting my goods, I am pretty good at that but I should not have to be so concerned about it. If the neighborhoods are balanced then you are protecting against people close to your level. That makes it fun. But having neighbors who are so high in level is like having a soldier attack a child and then steal something of value to that child. There is no sense of fairness in that. The neighborhoods need to be balanced.

DeletedUser17558

I agree with this post. Neighborhoods should be fair for the sake of competition. I know how to protect my goods from being plundered, but for all you people who are saying things like, "Deal with it" or "It is just part of the game" sorry, but it shouldn't have to be part of the game or dealt with. I currently have 8 neighbors who are 30+ times my power. They are 3 to 4 levels ahead of me. When it comes to fighting in the Towers for Medals, they are taking the top spots and hard to compete with. When it comes to protecting my goods, I am pretty good at that but I should not have to be so concerned about it. If the neighborhoods are balanced then you are protecting against people close to your level. That makes it fun. But having neighbors who are so high in level is like having a soldier attack a child and then steal something of value to that child. There is no sense of fairness in that. The neighborhoods need to be balanced.

Sorry, but you adult/child argument is a strawman. There is no direct comparison between an adult attacking a child and someone of a higher age attacking someone of a lower age. When you sign up to play this game you learn very quickly that some other people are going to attack you. Then you very quickly learn how to deal with it.

If you don't want to learn how to deal with it, submit a well-thought out proposal as to why it should change. Yes, change can come from criticism, but not here. Here you need to submit a proposal, gain enough support to have it put forth for voting, then get enough to vote for it to be submitted. Only then can change occur, and even that is not a guarantee. At this point, complaints about the neighborhoods have been so copius that I can only assume that there hasn't been a change because either A) there hasn't been a suitable proposal submitted that the devs like, or B) it isn't going to change at all. In either case, you need to learn to deal with it.

DeletedUser8152

IMO there really only one solid critique of the current neighborhood system, which is that it's inequitable. Some players get put in uneven hoods and some don't, it seems pretty random. There's some place for randomness in games, but usually it's set up so that randomness evens out over the long run. But here hoods don't change all that often so a bad draw can hurt you for a long time.

I'd be content with an uneven hood system that changed more frequently, or a more even hood system that was more static. With either of those options everyone would get a similar chance to play the way they want.

Between those two, I'd probably prefer an uneven hood that changed frequently, it seems more interesting. But that's maybe just a matter of taste and I wouldn't argue about it either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.