• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser10415

I'm wondering if the time change was made in order to try to push the prime-time lag problem under the rug so as to put a better face on the game for newbies who've been attracted by Inno's huge FoE marketing effort. :unsure:

DreamerD

Reset time

Please let us know any thoughts you may have about changing the Daily Calculation time. We like hearing from you!

Your Forge of Empires Team

Why not do two resets a day? One at 10am and one at 10pm. That way, no matter what part of the world you live in you will always be part of the action. Abviously 10am is very bad for the USA players as many of us actually work for a living in real life.

*Arturis*

If the game company doesn't understand the value of prime time, then I don't see this game will have any future both in popularity and financially.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23144

PRIME TIME? THAT WORD IS USE DIFFERENTLY TO EVERYONE. PRIME TIME COULD MEAN TIME TO EAT,GO TO THE STORE ETC.ETC. SO THAT IS TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR

DeletedUser23144

I WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT WIKIIPEDIA BUT THAT GETTING TOO DEEP OFF TOPIC SO ILL LEAVE THAT ALONE.. AS FOR PRIME TIME AS I SAID NOT EVERYONE WILL USE IT LIKE THAT,THEREFORE IT HAS MANY MEANING TO EACH PERSON. SO NOT EVERYONE GOING TO AGREE WITH U AND NOT EVERYONE GOING TO AGREE WITH ME THAT FINE HOWEVER I HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OPINION IN A MANNER THAT I THINK FITS AND I HAVE SAID IT NUMEROUS TIME I DISAGREE WITH THIS THREAD

DeletedUser2344

Well, gee. The server lag and shut down at reset is even worse now at 9 am central than it was at 7 pm central. What time are you going to change it to now, 3 am?

DeletedUser11220

Well, gee. The server lag and shut down at reset is even worse now at 9 am central than it was at 7 pm central. What time are you going to change it to now, 3 am?

My guess at this point is that the moved the GvG time so hide something else like they have repurposed a lot of FoE servers to something else, Not sure what else it could be seeing as all the lag and disconnects are still happening even though only a small percentage of people are fighting

DeletedUser23144

My guess at this point is that the moved the GvG time so hide something else like they have repurposed a lot of FoE servers to something else, Not sure what else it could be seeing as all the lag and disconnects are still happening even though only a small percentage of people are fighting

I ALREADY STATED THIS IN THE PROPOSAL THREAD SO I WILL ADD IT HERE TOO...I JUST GOT DONE PLAYING GVG AND HAD NO LAGGING WHATSOEVER

DeletedUser3556

If the game company doesn't understand the value of prime time, then I don't see this game will have any future both in popularity and financially.

The only reason the old 8pm time was "prime time" is because of the reset. If it was set to PDT 8pm then that would have been prime time and the pool of players that are complaining on this forum would be from US West Coast instead of east. The best solution to the reset I've seen is the static shield drop after X hours.

DeletedUser23235

I have been getting booted as well, changing time does nothing to the lag problem...

How do you ignore someone?

DeletedUser11220

VERY Interesting from the European servers:
Poster Darkstar Community manager

As mentioned in a previous post, while we may not be responding, it does not mean that the thread is being ignored. All the information is being passed along, including the various suggestions for alternative ways to handle the whole situation.

However, all of these ideas require some time and effort so it may be a while till at least one of them gets implemented. If you remember the letter from the development team it mentioned that improvements for GvG are planned, but that they are time consuming. This also means that for the time being, the recalculation time will remain as it currently is, till an alternative is implemented.

The time change may not completely eradicate all issues related to GvG, but it should minimize them. While clearly for a number of players GvG is the key feature in the game, other players do demand development time elsewhere. For example polishing the new cross-platform messaging system is also a high priority.

So, short version, yes the development team are aware of all the feedback regarding this change. Unfortunately for the time being the recalc time will remain as it currently is, but any ideas/suggestions for improvements regarding GvG performance are welcome and will be discussed with them so that hopefully in the near future a solution is implemented that satisfies the majority.

This was Added a bit later and it is enlightening as well
It cannot be reversed to the original time because of the same reasons it was changed - performance issues. The lag, freezes, and potential downtimes surrounding the recalc time were too heavy. It's clear that everyone would have wanted this to be approached in a different manner, and eventually it will. But right now a quick and effective change was needed.

Each market now has its own recalc time (10 am local), so they no longer happen at the same time. As mentioned in the announcement for this change, this will also help locate and react on possible issues faster.

This is very informative and the expletives I am trying hard not to say are numerous

DeletedUser

since you want feedback .... the new gvg reset time is a horrible idea. you have taken away the one time of day that most of my guild would come online to fight. please change it back to the original time.

DeletedUser10789

Hello All,
Please REMEMBER, this is a "Feedback" thread and as such, any and all "feedback" on this topic is relevant and of importance. I have been issued a notice that I have gone off topic on this thread and because of this, I filed an in-game support report on this. So, now I have been advised that each time I post to put in an disclaimer, how sad is this.
Please DO NOT adjust or amend my posts at all, they are for me and me ONLY to amend.
All "feedback" was requested my the game manager of "the game" who is in charge of these forums. As such, it is crystal clear of all of our feedback and our opinions. For the record, this is the definition of Feedback, "helpful information or criticism that is given to someone to say what can be done to improve a performance, product, etc.". So, you can easily gauge and infer all of the players responses to this thread, even if some do not agree to them. Helpful information is arbitrary to the one who needs help. Therefore, if I have to explain something to someone, I am providing "helpful information", as others are. FACT.
This said, I still get lag no matter what and this time change of our FUN time for all guilds, have ONLY caused less and less players to fight for and on GvG. If you do not understand why GvG is so important to this game, then "the game" MUST change the way ALL GUILDS are ranked, as the current system of ranking guilds is PURELY BASED on GvG and nothing else. Now when you look at the top guilds, know they are top guilds due to GvG ONLY. That does not mean they are the best guilds, they are the TOP GvG Guilds, ONLY. The best guild for anyone is the guild that serves their style of game play. PERIOD. If you like to fight, choose a GvG guild, hopefully they are still fighting. If you want to be a casual player and more of a farmer, then choose that type of guild. It is quite easy in fact. Now, please do not say this is off topic, as I have provided the definition of "Feedback" as stated above and the real definition of the word and the meaning of this thread. PERIOD and FACT. Please keep any and all "feedback" coming and do not allow anyone to tell you differently, we can and we will get our fun time back. Unless the game don't want a game and just casual players.
DISCLAIMER: I, LordStevie, am ONLY attempting to play the game and abide by the rules as set forth herewithin. As such, I, LordStevie, have NOT and am NOT breaking any rules as set forth by "the game" and the rules of "this forums" and in fact, am completely abiding by all the rules provided herewithin. I, LordStevie, additionally reserve the right to protection of my own words and not to have them disseminated in any matter that is not completely with my express written approval, PERIOD.

DeletedUser13360

VERY Interesting from the European servers:
Poster Darkstar Community manager

As mentioned in a previous post, while we may not be responding, it does not mean that the thread is being ignored. All the information is being passed along, including the various suggestions for alternative ways to handle the whole situation.

However, all of these ideas require some time and effort so it may be a while till at least one of them gets implemented. If you remember the letter from the development team it mentioned that improvements for GvG are planned, but that they are time consuming. This also means that for the time being, the recalculation time will remain as it currently is, till an alternative is implemented.

The time change may not completely eradicate all issues related to GvG, but it should minimize them. While clearly for a number of players GvG is the key feature in the game, other players do demand development time elsewhere. For example polishing the new cross-platform messaging system is also a high priority.

So, short version, yes the development team are aware of all the feedback regarding this change. Unfortunately for the time being the recalc time will remain as it currently is, but any ideas/suggestions for improvements regarding GvG performance are welcome and will be discussed with them so that hopefully in the near future a solution is implemented that satisfies the majority.

This was Added a bit later and it is enlightening as well
It cannot be reversed to the original time because of the same reasons it was changed - performance issues. The lag, freezes, and potential downtimes surrounding the recalc time were too heavy. It's clear that everyone would have wanted this to be approached in a different manner, and eventually it will. But right now a quick and effective change was needed.

Each market now has its own recalc time (10 am local), so they no longer happen at the same time. As mentioned in the announcement for this change, this will also help locate and react on possible issues faster.

This is very informative and the expletives I am trying hard not to say are numerous

Interesting indeed. If all worlds servers were changed to 10am local for those particular servers, then why 10 am instead of 8 pm in all servers??????

DeletedUser1084

Please keep all feedback on topic. Off topic posts will be removed.
We are always working on the game and continue to work toward better improvements. This is a non stop part of the game and a major task of the Developers.

It does not always happen in as speedy a manner as we would like but the betterment of the game and its enjoyably is paramount. At times it seems to be a case of two steps forward one step back... but none the less improvements will be coming.

All information proposed, as I have mentioned, will makes its way to the people in charge of making changes to the game; as long as the community wants it to be so. Likewise there are always things in development to improve the game.

As soon as we get information we post it to the community.

~DA

DeletedUser23144

RHANS GAVE ME A BRAINSTORM YESTERDAY AND I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE "SERVERS" SO BEAR WITH ME AS WHAT I'M ABOUT TO EXPLAIN HAS HAPPEN TO ME IN THE PAST AND STILL HAPPENING TO ME FROM TIME TO TIME WHILE I AGREE THERE IS SOME PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS ON INNO AND F.OE. SIDE THERE IS ANOTHER......

1) WHAT IF UR COMPUTER IS HAVING SOME PERFORMANCE PROBLEM I.E. VIRUSES TOO MANY WINDOWS ETC ETC
2) WHAT IF IT IS UR COMPUTER CONNECTION I.E. DIAL UP MODEM ETC
3) IF U R USING A WIFI "HOTSPOT" THERE IS A 99% CHANCE THAT U WILL HAVE LAGGING PROBLEMS SINCE THOSE HOTSPOTS HAVE ALOT OF PEOPLE USING IT AND CAN BE OVERLOADED.

AS I SAID THESE HAS HAPPEN TO ME SO IT MAY NOT ALL BE INNO FAULT I WILL SAY 40% OF THE LAGGING COULD BE BLAME ON INNO FOR PERFORMANCE, WHILE THE OTHER MAYBE ON UR END...THINK ABOUT IT NO ONE WANTED TO POINT OUT THAT THE INTERNET CONNECTION COULD BE A PROBLEM THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME SO IT WOULD NOT BE A SURPRISE IF IT IS ON THE PLAYERSW END TOO, I WILL POST THIS ON THE OTHER THREAD AS WELL.

DeletedUser10076

Should this have been announced in a more professional fashion? Yes

Has this move actually helped the lag? No

Is the reaction to the move completely blown out of proportion? Yes

Do MOST games such as these have daily maintenance which they take down the servers for 10-15 minutes? Yes

Is it time for INNO do this for FOE? Honestly I don't know

Should such a maintenance be done during recalc? It would only make sense.

Should recalc or maintenance be done during a time where the servers are already overloaded due to high traffic? No

Again and most importantly...

Has the reaction to this change been blown out of proportion? Yes

DeletedUser23144

Should this have been announced in a more professional fashion? Yes

Has this move actually helped the lag? No

Is the reaction to the move completely blown out of proportion? Yes

Do MOST games such as these have daily maintenance which they take down the servers for 10-15 minutes? Yes

Is it time for INNO do this for FOE? Honestly I don't know

Should such a maintenance be done during recalc? It would only make sense.

Should recalc or maintenance be done during a time where the servers are already overloaded due to high traffic? No

Again and most importantly...

Has the reaction to this change been blown out of proportion? Yes

OF COURSE IT BEEN BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION, THAT WHAT SOME OF USE HAS BEEN TRYING TO SAY
NOW SOME OF UR ?/ANSWERS DOES HAVE ALOT OF MERIT. BUT ALSO WHAT ABOUT THE PLAYERS MAINTENANCE OF THEIR OWN COMPUTER PHONE WHATEVER? IT COULD BE A FACTOR TO CONSIDER