• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Monastery

DeletedUser3868

I recently won a Monastery in a quest. I am not sure what it does nor have I been able to find out any information on the building. I tried to post a picture earlier, but the post was too large, so I will have to try to explain it. There is an icon, which looks like an urn or glass that is mostly full of a white substance. Next to it is the numeral 20. This icon is in the location where the amount of happiness is normally shown. Can anyone tell me just what 20 the monastery gives?

Thank you

DeletedUser4844

Based on LacLongQuan's post here: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4670-New-Province/page2
It looks like that Monastery gives a 20% boost to defense (presumably, as other such boosts solely to defense, only when you are the defender). I have no direct experience with that building myself yet.

updated to add:
Or the aforementioned poster could just beat me to the punch and describe what it gives himself in a post which he completes before mine, making my post irrelevant...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6360

Is this going to be a permanent quest? Or is this just up for a few weeks/days/etc.. then gone?

Would be nice if only for a certain amount of time. Makes the building that much more special..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2145

Is this going to be a permanent quest? Or is this just up for a few weeks/days/etc.. then gone?

Would be nice if only for a certain amount of time. Makes the building that much more special..

It would be permanent. Just like there were bonus IndA provinces that every player will be able to go through, these EMA bonus ones along with the quest would be available to everyone.

DeletedUser

Monastery is a nice reward, though if there's something to nitpick about it is its size. 3x3 is just too big, 2x2 would have been more appropriate. Then again I'm seriously lacking in building space; others may think different

DeletedUser

How do i get the monastery I have been told in the guild about but all they say is barbarian quest line i fought all the guys down the middle but have yet to see any more quests am I missing something I didnt quit any quests so that can't be it , can someone explain to me how to get it ?? :):)

DeletedUser4074

It's a bonus, or side plot, quest line, so you can't skip the quests. Just keep doing quests and you'll get it.

DeletedUser8317

It's a bonus, or side plot, quest line, so you can't skip the quests. Just keep doing quests and you'll get it.

I think I may have skipped by it, all I keep getting are the same 9 quests. Any way to get back?

DeletedUser4844

Sorry. I think you missed it and there is no going back. Perhaps it will show up as a special event item. Almost certainly watchfires will, and they are better, on a bonus per square basis, then monasteries.

DeletedUser7083

I thought the quest was part of the acquiring of the Barbarian range in the top of the EMA map on the continents map, or so I was told.

I've spoken to several players that just bypassed that province because it was too difficult.

DeletedUser4844

The province may be too hard if you are fighting with early middle age trooops, but if you wait till late middle age or colonial times or later it's not much of a challenge, especially with some decent offensive GBs.

DeletedUser16209

Can a monastery be upgraded with a renovation Kit? And if so, what good would it do? Increase from 20 to 40% defense?

DeletedUser8428

Monastery is not upgradeable and boost cannot increase - Reno Kits work only on 'event' reward buildings, Gingerbread House, King and Queen, Snowglobe ... items won in a periodic event. Monastery is won by all players who complete the EMA bonus quests (Barbarians).

DeletedUser23183

Does the Monastery continue to give 20% defense after you complete the age you got it in? I got it in Early Middle and now in Late Middle......