• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Effective Guide to Avoid Being Plundered

DeletedUser6172

Non-Resourced Bait

You can also louse up the timing of the plunderer by simply waiting for a while AFTER you harvest, before you start the next cycle. When your plunderer shows up again, at the same time the next day, there won't be anything to plunder yet because the cycles will have have been delayed a bit.

You can't protect Houses using this method, because they cycle immediately, but simply introducing a bit of a delay works fine for Supply Buildings and Manufacturing buildings, with a minimal loss of capacity.

But there's a second dirty trick that's a LOT more fun.

If you have some unemployed workers, and a bit of space, set up an UN-resourced manufacturing building.
* Run it for a SINGLE 4 hour cycle
* Don't harvest it - just let it sit there as bandit bait
* When a plunderer DOES take your bait, they'll get ONE item
* If they notice at all, they'll understand that you're jerking them around.
* And then you reset the trap.

It's the best investment you'll ever make, if you enjoy malicious snickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

Non-Resourced Bait

You can also louse up the timing of the plunderer by simply waiting for a while AFTER you harvest, before you start the next cycle. When your plunderer shows up again, at the same time the next day, there won't be anything to plunder yet because the cycles will have have been delayed a bit.

You can't protect Houses using this method, because they cycle immediately, but simply introducing a bit of a delay works fine for Supply Buildings and Manufacturing buildings, with a minimal loss of capacity.

But there's a second dirty trick that's a LOT more fun.

If you have some unemployed workers, and a bit of space, set up an UN-resourced manufacturing building.
* Run it for a SINGLE 4 hour cycle
* Don't harvest it - just let it sit there as bandit bait
* When a plunderer DOES take your bait, they'll get ONE item
* If they notice at all, they'll understand that you're jerking them around.
* And then you reset the trap.

It's the best investment you'll ever make, if you enjoy malicious snickers.

Really the jokes on you.

You waste your resources when you could put a boosted building in the place and just time it. Say you do this in IND you spend 3200 coins and supplies, 6400 resources total(getting a residental building plundered would be less) Plus, the plunderer even tho he only got one good, he still got one good, the third most valuable resource in the game.

Whenever I plunder a non-boosted building I just shake my head, as that person is only hurting him/herself.

DeletedUser6741

Really the jokes on you.

You waste your resources when you could put a boosted building in the place and just time it. Say you do this in IND you spend 3200 coins and supplies, 6400 resources total(getting a residental building plundered would be less) Plus, the plunderer even tho he only got one good, he still got one good, the third most valuable resource in the game.

Whenever I plunder a non-boosted building I just shake my head, as that person is only hurting him/herself.

Yes, I love seeing people who are just to smart for there own good. Just like the folks who disconnect roads, which means their friends and guildmates can't M/P their buildings and the people who try to teach me a lesson by posting no defense whatsoever. You know the one, which then lets everybody and their brother who wants to attack get an automatic win. Hey 216 pts isn't nothing but all of us attacking get that same 216 pts and it means we just go up the hood one or two further spots to attack with the units that didn't take any damage.

DeletedUser6172

You ignored the most important concept - the bait is ALWAYS available, and if a plunderer TAKES the bait, then all of your other coins, supplies, and resourced goods are protected for most of 24 hours.

DeletedUser8152

You ignored the most important concept - the bait is ALWAYS available, and if a plunderer TAKES the bait, then all of your other coins, supplies, and resourced goods are protected for most of 24 hours.
That makes no sense. You would get exactly the same protection, at the same price, if it was a building you were boosted in instead. And in that case, you could go ahead and collect from the building if it doesn't get plundered. Either way, your loss is the coin and supplies you invested to make the goods. But in your method, you are also losing the goods you could otherwise have collected.

What your method does give you is a kind of revenge on the plunderer, since he ends up getting very little for his trouble. If that revenge is worth the cost to you, then go for it. But don't fool yourself into thinking you are otherwise coming out ahead somehow.

DeletedUser6172

The essential notion is that the bait will be the ONLY thing that's available to be plundered, most of the time, and it's surprising how often it will be taken, to save the bother of a return visit. You don't EVER want to harvest it yourself. Leave bait in the trap, always.

You'll only need 108 workers to set the trap, as a Bronze Age Building will serve just as well as a building from any other age.

Your losses will be the same regardless of which Bronze Age Good you're using to bait the trap, but you get more style points for using NON-resourced bait. A Stone Age Hut "should" work just as well, on paper, but it's somehow a bit too obvious in practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6741

The essential notion is that the bait will be the ONLY thing that's available to be plundered, most of the time, and it's surprising how often it will be taken, to save the bother of a return visit. You don't EVER want to harvest it yourself. Leave bait in the trap, always.

You'll only need 108 workers to set the trap, as a Bronze Age Building will serve just as well as a building from any other age.

Your losses will be the same regardless of which Bronze Age Good you're using to bait the trap, but you get more style points for using NON-resourced bait. A Stone Age Hut "should" work just as well, on paper, but it's somehow a bit too obvious in practice.
I see you selling, but nobody's buying. This will only fool someone once and it's just not worth it.

DeletedUser

Another method not mention is staggered production, by not making your production time all at once staggering your production time is a good way to keep plundering fools off your back however, no one cares if you lose a bit of gold but product is TIME. This method will keep plunders a bit confused who try to read your production times and kept them guessing.

DeletedUser13430

Keep on going

Another thing about cutting off the roads, it also blocks helpful things, so anyone who visits during that time can't help you either with polish/motivate you're not only cutting your losses, you're preventing anyone else from gaining the 20 coin.
Eventually that'll come back to bite you possibly and dealing with the fallout if you end up losing just seems like a small price to pay.

Anyone who cuts off their roads prevents me from polishing & motivating them,Not to mention the loss of 20 coin.
I drop those who do off my friend list as they are unprofitable and they deprive others of the same.
Also,I like to log on and find my goods and coin + supplies waiting for me,Ready to collect.
I know when my goods are ready and I collect before anyone can plunder them.
It is fun to read all the crazy schemes people come up with. Its just added entertainment for me.
Players who cut off their roads will find that they may not lose much goods but they will lose the most important thing in the game.
HELP FROM OTHERS.
Good luck all.

- - - Updated - - -

Mustapha00

Might have already been said, but try not to set your collection time the same as when you motivate and polish. Players do keep track of such things.

DeletedUser10517

Might have already been said, but try not to set your collection time the same as when you motivate and polish. Players do keep track of such things.
You replied to a 3 year old thread, with the last comment being over a year ago.

DeletedUser8796

I actually think this thread should keep going also it could assist our newer players

Mustapha00

Hence why I brought it back from the dead.
And I'm referring to the overall topic itself, not any particular advice that may or may not have been mentioned within the thread. Forge Hall has at least one thread on this topic high on the first page with dozens of responses. Questions has at least one thread on this topic high on the first page with dozens of responses. While it is true that "collect on time" is probably the best single bit of advice on this subject yet offered, I find it...."enlightening" that there has been nothing else in all the time the game has been out that compares to a strategery that was rolled out probably within the first week the game was released.

DeletedUser17558

Hence why I brought it back from the dead.
And I'm referring to the overall topic itself, not any particular advice that may or may not have been mentioned within the thread. Forge Hall has at least one thread on this topic high on the first page with dozens of responses. Questions has at least one thread on this topic high on the first page with dozens of responses. While it is true that "collect on time" is probably the best single bit of advice on this subject yet offered, I find it...."enlightening" that there has been nothing else in all the time the game has been out that compares to a strategery that was rolled out probably within the first week the game was released.

Sometimes the simplest strategies are the best. Not having anything available when the attacker is in your city is the best way to not have anything taken.

DeletedUser10415

This 'guide' is a waste of words. Three words is all it takes to avoid being plundered. Can you guess what they are?

Say it with me everyone...

COLLECT ON TIME

Algona

Fun reading an old thread...

How to stop coins/supplies plundering. Yes, I know that coins/supplies are not important to a lot of players

Join a large active guild. Get lots of active friends. Build 24 hour housing. Set supplies to 24 hours. Synchronize production of coins and supplies so that all finish at the same time. Collect all at the same time. Build the largest and fewest cultural buildings to assure they are always polished and pop is enthusiastic. Have few to no decorations.

Your houses and production can't be plundered because they will always be motivated.

Bonuses of this technique, time spent collecting is minimized and production is maximized.

As far as the important stuff, GOODS... what Glarg said.

Last edited: