• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

qaccy

First of all, how is levelling up your GBs abusing the system? Do you know how hard it is to get people to donate to your GBs? Do you know how hard it is to get a GB to Level 100+? This GB point system was created by Inno and was available to ALL players ever since the uncapped the GBs.

Second, GvG has been around for 2 years and people were farming battle points right away. They didn't need Champions to farm points. In addition, once the update was in place, Fighters simply created their own ghost guilds and farmed points that way. So you can take your "cut it in half" time and throw it out the window because people have been doing it for 2 years now and are STILL doing it as we speak by using Ghost guilds.

Third, Farming points by way of collecting coins, supplies, building your city, etc has been promoted and nurtured FOE since this game was created...it's always been a Farmville style game. So to say people are idle and lazy by farming is ridiculous and insulting.

Finally, why should anybody begin a new strategy at this point when Inno/FOE will change the system again in the near future and all your work will be for nothing once again.

Are you seriously trying to say it's hard to get a GB levelled? I could add a few lines to my profile saying that I'm paying X goods for donations to Y GB even now with the new system, and in no time at all I'd be gaining 1 or more levels per day on that GB. But no, there's nothing wrong with levelling a GB and there never has been. The abuse was with the broken formula. You were levelling GBs not for the stronger GB bonuses, but purely for the points...hence why you're even still ignoring the fact that you have these high level GB bonuses to play with and merely whining about how the formula was changed/fixed, posting the same copy/pasted reply all over the forum about how even though it would be completely broken, you should have kept your trillions of points after the rebalance.

You also seem to have a warped view of GvG; perhaps your bitterness about the GB changes is spilling over into other aspects of the game. Folks were not farming when GvG was first released because everyone was pouring into the maps in order to acquire sectors. Unless you consider the points gained from 'normal' GvG play to be farming. you're still wrong on this one, and certainly if you mean it was happening on a widespread level (spoilers: it wasn't).

And one again, you can still farm coin/supply and turn them into points by actually spending them. Again, a shift away from merely collecting resources and towards actually spending them/playing the game. You can argue all you want, but simply resetting productions on buildings and doing nothing but amassing resources just to stare at the number is absolutely the easiest/laziest way to play the game. Why should that boost ranking at all?

P.S. Didn't you say you were going to quit playing after the rebalance? Why are you still here complaining that you lost points? Do you honestly think if you're loud enough that you'll get them back?

DeletedUser14571

in one world, i have gained over 500k in points, not bad when you consider, i was only at 92k to start with, but in my other world , i lost 1.5 million, that was harsh.

Those people that lost Trillions of points, only have a stupid statue to remind them of how they got screwed. Seriously , a 1x1 ?!?
Innova could have come up with a better reward for their loss.
To all of you who had their points STOLEN , Forge On ! i feel your loss

DeletedUser9433

Give me a break! Technically speaking, since the change in points was to the formula itself, the only way for you to keep your GB points would have been to have two different versions of every GB: one using the old formula, one using the new one. And since the primary focus of this new system was to address the broken GB point values, obviously there's no scenario where you'd have been able to keep your points.
First rule of the internet is someone who obviously doesn't understand technology should NEVER use the phrase" Technically speaking". It would have been quite simple to leave the point count intact and simply change the succeeding point levels to something Inno believed could be tolerated. In fact I would argue that less coding would have been required to do the above than to revamp the entire system.

Then you go on to say
Are you seriously trying to say it's hard to get a GB levelled? I could add a few lines to my profile saying that I'm paying X goods for donations to Y GB even now with the new system, and in no time at all I'd be gaining 1 or more levels per day on that GB. But no, there's nothing wrong with levelling a GB and there never has been. The abuse was with the broken formula.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17:28.
How can it be abuse when it was not only allowed but encouraged by Inno?

qaccy

First rule of the internet is someone who obviously doesn't understand technology should NEVER use the phrase" Technically speaking". It would have been quite simple to leave the point count intact and simply change the succeeding point levels to something Inno believed could be tolerated. In fact I would argue that less coding would have been required to do the above than to revamp the entire system.

Then you go on to say
Are you seriously trying to say it's hard to get a GB levelled? I could add a few lines to my profile saying that I'm paying X goods for donations to Y GB even now with the new system, and in no time at all I'd be gaining 1 or more levels per day on that GB. But no, there's nothing wrong with levelling a GB and there never has been. The abuse was with the broken formula.
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue. Proverbs 17:28.
How can it be abuse when it was not only allowed but encouraged by Inno?

Except no. The points were tied to the GB itself, as I said. You weren't having points added to your ranking by having a GB levelled, the GB itself was worth more due to it being a higher level. If you were to delete a level 100 GB last week, before the revamp, any points it was giving you would have been gone, because they were part of the GB. The formula was changed, therefore retroactively affecting all GBs and leading to the changes in ranking points. To put it another way, GBs don't GIVE you points, they become WORTH MORE points as they level up. That's the distinction you (and Freedom, and anyone else in that camp of thought) seem to be missing here.

And yes, of course levelling a GB is encouraged by Inno. You folks just gleaned the wrong reason from it...a reason that no longer exists, which kinda proves that it was the wrong one.

DeletedUser17650

When reading about the new ranking system I thought that an area of focus would be in fighting - whether GvG or PvP.....but when the new ranking was introduced I saw players with less than 50 points move up a lot in the rankings ahead of people with 3k and more in fights? If this is a war game, as people are suggesting seems to be the focus of these changes then they are those that don't fight pushed up so far? I may have read something wrong or misunderstood, but this update seems to me to be focused on the farmers more. They want more people to spend goods to negotiate sectors instead of fighting on the continent map - at least that's how I see it. I am not trying to start an argument here just trying to understand it better.

bomber9530

Well amazing I too am educated and was pre law for many undergraduate years, but apparently neither of us have a law degree, however I do have two degrees one of which overviews how people operate in society or fail to operate. My assumption was based on your inability to qualify the definition of contract as you tossed it abundantly into your expose. I am glad everyone knows what they are talking about. USA laws define "contract".......when I said " what contract", it was a form of satire. Bait and switch a form of fraud is banned in the UK and treads serious repercussion here in the USA. Society has been changing for a long time now and the presumptive attitude of male superiority is failing as is this game.

Not sure what that last part had to do with ANYTHING we were talking about, but whatever. Glad you found a way to express yourself!

DeletedUser10415

First rule of the internet is someone who obviously doesn't understand technology should NEVER use the phrase" Technically speaking".

First rule of correcting someone's use of a word is to know what that word means, and thereby avoid making a fool of oneself. Beyond both of them have the four-letter combination of 'tech' in them, 'technically' and 'technology', as words, have nothing to do with one another. 'Technical' derives from 'technique', not 'technology'.

DeletedUser9433

First rule of correcting someone's use of a word is to know what that word means, and thereby avoid making a fool of oneself. Beyond both of them have the four-letter combination of 'tech' in them, 'technically' and 'technology', as words, have nothing to do with one another. 'Technical' derives from 'technique', not 'technology'.
It appears I did a poor job of disputing his message, the intent of my post had little to nothing to do with word usage, however thanks for your input. Besides the manner in which he used the word was to imply literally rather than a contrasting observation which is more common, not much to do with technique at all.

After a little research you blew it as when it is used as an adverb it does in fact refer to technology, oops Glarg!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10415

It appears I did a poor job of disputing his message, the intent of my post had little to nothing to do with word usage, however thanks for your input. Besides the manner in which he used the word was to imply literally rather than a contrasting observation which is more common, not much to do with technique at all.

After a little research you blew it as when it is used as an adverb it does in fact refer to technology, oops Glarg!

'Technically' is the adverb form of 'technical'. It refers to belonging to an art, science, or the like. It's still derivative from 'technique' - not technology.

DeletedUser10415

'Tech' is an abbreviation of 'technology'. So that's what it means.

Do I now need to explain how 'flan' has nothing to do with 'flannel'?
84isJqK.jpg

DeletedUser11596

Freedom, as long as there are more successful players in this game as you and I have been, the great crying masses will rise up and claim "its not fair" until those of us who have been supporting their "free to play" game find no one online lol except themselves. and a blank screen with a message
" Foe is closed"

Bravo! Very well said.

ITown

Are you seriously trying to say it's hard to get a GB levelled? I could add a few lines to my profile saying that I'm paying X goods for donations to Y GB even now with the new system, and in no time at all I'd be gaining 1 or more levels per day on that GB.

That's laughable.

DeletedUser11596

Are you seriously trying to say it's hard to get a GB levelled? I could add a few lines to my profile saying that I'm paying X goods for donations to Y GB even now with the new system, and in no time at all I'd be gaining 1 or more levels per day on that GB. But no, there's nothing wrong with levelling a GB and there never has been. The abuse was with the broken formula. You were levelling GBs not for the stronger GB bonuses, but purely for the points...hence why you're even still ignoring the fact that you have these high level GB bonuses to play with and merely whining about how the formula was changed/fixed, posting the same copy/pasted reply all over the forum about how even though it would be completely broken, you should have kept your trillions of points after the rebalance.

You also seem to have a warped view of GvG; perhaps your bitterness about the GB changes is spilling over into other aspects of the game. Folks were not farming when GvG was first released because everyone was pouring into the maps in order to acquire sectors. Unless you consider the points gained from 'normal' GvG play to be farming. you're still wrong on this one, and certainly if you mean it was happening on a widespread level (spoilers: it wasn't).

And one again, you can still farm coin/supply and turn them into points by actually spending them. Again, a shift away from merely collecting resources and towards actually spending them/playing the game. You can argue all you want, but simply resetting productions on buildings and doing nothing but amassing resources just to stare at the number is absolutely the easiest/laziest way to play the game. Why should that boost ranking at all?

P.S. Didn't you say you were going to quit playing after the rebalance? Why are you still here complaining that you lost points? Do you honestly think if you're loud enough that you'll get them back?

GBs - Says the guy who doesn't even have a GB past level 20 and most GBs are still at levels 4 to 7...lol. Once again, you're proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. If it was that easy, everybody would've been successful at getting their GBs past Level 50, 75, 100, etc. The problem comes with competition. You have to create a reward system that's going to be competitive with other players that are also offering rewards in order to attract big donors. In order to have enough rewards to pay out, your city has to have tons of Goods buildings to produce the high quantity of rewards to attract donators. In order to produce the high quantity of rewards, you need lots of land, coins, supplies and other goods. In addition, you need lots of FPs to offer as rewards as well. This is where managing your city correctly and being successful at doing so comes in handy. On top of that, you have to be dedicated in attracting new donators... "adding a few lines to your profile" won't do the job buddy. You have to branch out further than that and be very proactive in recruiting new donors...especially when it's taking 4,000 to 7,000 FPs to level up a GB just 1 level. Right now, it takes 6,800 FPs to level up my CdM a single level...try raising that in "one day"...lol.

GvG - Son, people were farming battle points in my both of my main worlds within a couple of days of the GvG release and have been doing so ever since. So once again, you're wrong.

Farming Coin/Supplies - Once again you're deflecting for FOE. You continue to avoid the fact that Inno/FOE set a specific standard (point system) and then goes and changes the point system years later and negates all the hard work and hours invested into the game. I've talked about this before...they continue to move the goal posts and strip players of points they ALREADY earned.

Quitting - I've already quit playing. I will stay here standing up for what I believe in until changes are made. If they re-weight the system to where it's actually balanced, then I might return. I also have a meeting with a lawyer next week about virtual property and gaming rights. I'm also in contact with Inno about this matter, so I'll be around for a while checking in and standing up for those who were screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23123

2 month ago. I drop a car insurance company after paying 200 a month for 14 years. They raise my payment to 400 a month because I got a speeding ticket. I never been in an accident and haven't had a speeding tickets in 34 years.(Not Kidding)
My wife is going in surgery on Monday to have a lump remove from her breast.(For Real)
Which one will bother me.
Point is. People are starting to get nasty at each other in here over a fucking game. If you dump a ton of money in here that your fault. The game said FREE. The company can continue even without your money. It the end of 3rd quarter and you opponent just gain 24 points. What do you do.

DeletedUser

Quitting - I've already quit playing. I will stay here standing up for what I believe in until changes are made. If they re-weight the system to where it's actually balanced, then I might return. I also have a meeting with a lawyer next week about virtual property and gaming rights. I'm also in contact with Inno about this matter, so I'll be around for a while checking in and defending those who were screwed.
Dear Don Quixote
Please save the money you'd spend on legal fees and invest it in addiction counseling.
You checked a box saying you agreed to Inno Games Terms of Service.
You recieved exactly what you paid money for (virtual items) which they allowed you to use as you saw fit. That agreement said they are authorized to change any part of the game at any point in time at their discretion.
So you've already gotten and used what you paid for, they won't be giving you a refund.
They've made a change in their game system which is their acknowledged right to do and the fact you don't like it isn't grounds for any sort of legal action.
You were not defrauded nor misled.
The system was in the company's opinion flawed and they finally took steps to try fixing it.
The fact that you took advantage of the obviously flawed system knowingly and willfully, while aware that it was likely subject to change at any time is your problem not a legal issue.

However if you do somehow manage to get some sort of legal action into a court system Inno could very well decide that the expense of dealing with the likes of you just isn't worth it and simply shut down the game servers (something that is also within their right to do.)

Bottom line is that you're not going to be seeing any positive outcomes as far as your views on the matter are concerned with your stated course of action.

So either adapt to the changes and continue enjoying the GAME or find a new outlet for your time and money.

DeletedUser11596

Point is. People are starting to get nasty at each other in here over a fucking game. If you dump a ton of money in here that your fault. The game said FREE. The company can continue even without your money. It the end of 3rd quarter and you opponent just gain 24 points. What do you do.
You're the only one that's cursing, so you need to maintain your composure. This game wouldn't exist without people buying diamonds. How do you think they pay their workers? lol

DeletedUser11596

Dear Don Quixote
Please save the money you'd spend on legal fees and invest it in addiction counseling.
You checked a box saying you agreed to Inno Games Terms of Service.
You recieved exactly what you paid money for (virtual items) which they allowed you to use as you saw fit. That agreement said they are authorized to change any part of the game at any point in time at their discretion.
So you've already gotten and used what you paid for, they won't be giving you a refund.
They've made a change in their game system which is their acknowledged right to do and the fact you don't like it isn't grounds for any sort of legal action.
You were not defrauded nor misled.
The system was in the company's opinion flawed and they finally took steps to try fixing it.
The fact that you took advantage of the obviously flawed system knowingly and willfully, while aware that it was likely subject to change at any time is your problem not a legal issue.

However if you do somehow manage to get some sort of legal action into a court system Inno could very well decide that the expense of dealing with the likes of you just isn't worth it and simply shut down the game servers (something that is also within their right to do.)

Bottom line is that you're not going to be seeing any positive outcomes as far as your views on the matter are concerned with your stated course of action.

So either adapt to the changes and continue enjoying the GAME or find a new outlet for your time and money.
Dear Gutless,
It's people like you who roll over when taken advantage of. It's people like you who never stand up for what is right. It's people like you who cower when dealing with big companies.
Making changes to a point system is completely ok but taking away points that were ALREADY earned is a different matter. As far as Virtual gaming rights go, there's actual laws based on that subject and that is what I'm currently exploring...stay tuned.