• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by 23skidoo

1. 23skidoo

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

The GBG balance issue comes down to solving the gameplay factor (the fun of the challenge), not with handicapping large guilds by some arbitrary impediment. It doesn’t appear the GBG beta testing showed up the siege camp - checkerboard exploit fully since the other buildings are, in practice...
  2. 23skidoo

" "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him.” Luke 8:18
  3. 23skidoo

There’s always a couple guys sitting in the back of class, not paying attention, shooting spitballs.
  4. 23skidoo

Guild Battlegrounds – gameplay assessment

icarusethan said:
  5. 23skidoo

Well, the idea that's it's sooner, is good news. Since the new season starts tomorrow, we'll see if there are noticeable changes.
  6. 23skidoo

A curious assignation of purpose, Ebeondi.
  7. 23skidoo

But you make the point - no game is no game.
  8. 23skidoo

Thank you, CDmark. I appreciate your instructive reply. Smart gamers will work out algorithm exploits. I recall in Civilization 1, domination was guaranteed with the selection of Ghengis Kahn going on all-out attacks from the start with the first military units. BTW, this appeared in today's...
  9. 23skidoo

I played Steel Panthers when it first came out in 1995. What's the difference with Steel Panthers - World at War? The first engaging computer game I ever played was Eastern Front (1981). Used an 8-bit Atari, the TV as a monitor and a joystick to move the cursor.
  10. 23skidoo

Understood, Johnny. I reasoned it to be worth pointing out using the earlier comparison. As far as Panzer General and other DOS games, the DOS emulator works very well with Windows 10. I used it (free) to play a couple of scenarios of Panzer General a few months back. And then also some Age of...
  11. 23skidoo

Guild Battlegrounds – gameplay assessment Definition - Gameplay “The totality of player experiences during the interaction with a video/computer game.” In the early days of computer gaming, Strageic Simulations, Inc. dominated the wargaming market with releases like Panzer General (1994). The...