• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Ben Trovato

1. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Is that part of the guide? It doesn't sound right. There's a quest involved in taking Natsuishu, which if you fight requires you to "research a technology or build a military building of your age" and you can skip that version if you negotiate. However, as the building is "of your age" the quest...
  2. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

PME tech blocker? I hope you aren't going to reach it! You need to jump away shortly before then. You need 3 minimum in Postmodern (assuming you avoid the final tech blocker). You may have already done these. You want 1 in Tomorrow, but you can bypass it if your attack bonuses are big enough...
  3. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I stumped up for "Poison in the Well" and for "Assault and Assassination". I can confirm the research part of “Mandrubar's and Fernikus' support“ autocompletes if all colonial techs have already been researched. So researching a saved Colonial tech on Assault and Assassination minimised my cost...
  4. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I think I'm feeling annoyed because it just happened. I'll calm down soon enough. I'll process the fact that I have the hovers, and that's better than most people. There'll be extra diamonds to pick up in the extra quests. And at the end of the day it's just a game.
  5. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Yes. They won't fix it. I'm at Poison in the Well myself. Came here to see if there were any hints. Luckily I have one Culture Tech stored that I was saving for the Indy bonus line. Even if I can get back over the PME/CE tech blockers again, I'm not sure if I'll have enough saved for all the...
  6. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Sorry for you getting hit too, but in some ways that's reassuring for me to read. It means I didn't go back purely because I was suspending Truth or Dare. It means they are more likely to agree to fix it.
  7. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

And I have been thrust from doing Arctic Future quests back to the old Iron Age story line! If this looses me the chance of Turturrets, I will be well unhappy! The problem is if I ask them to sort it, they'll probably end up resetting Truth or Dare and pushing me back to the Postmodern tech blocker.
  8. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

You can avoid that version of Blood in the Trenches anyway by simply negotiating 4 sectors. However, it could let you get the Rapid Fire Cannon as well as the Tanks/Conscripts.
  9. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Are you on the old-style story quests? You can lose out on the first two of the Lancers if you remain peaceful for too long before attacking the North. Or you can miss out on the second two if after starting to attack the North (getting you first two lancers) you attack the South before getting...
  10. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Who am I kidding? I managed to last two days without an answer to this question before researching Law and Order. There is no way I have the patience or temperament to wait to get three Police Stations by other means!
  11. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Is it still possible to get a Police Station from an event? Two or three years ago I remember finding them on the Summer event wheel, but I don't know if there are any events which still give them. I also don't think they are available in GE anymore. Is it still viable to wait rather than...
  12. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

The new Colonial story questline is more of the same as the previous Ages. With no actual story, it just boils down to build so many of this of your age, recruit so many troops of your age, gather so much supplies or coins, etc etc. Coming from the main storyline a supply quest gives 4 Jaeger...
  13. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Advancing to Colonial (with most of the Colonial map already taken) the Colonial Bonus line started up. What I didn't expect is that it replaced the Storyline, the two recurring questlines remained. As soon as one of the recurring quests was taken, the storyline returned. Previously bonus...
  14. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I'm reporting my experience, which is different from numbers reported a couple of months ago, so it looks like they are still tweaking. I'm just hoping they haven't messed up the Indy map/questline yet. I'd be loathe to spend the goods negotiating Okahe if it didn't matter, not to mention to...
  15. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

The two conditions for the hover tank quest to be available are, you can't have fought in Agadar or Kalabuye, and you can't have completed both Agadar and Kalabuye. If you take the whole of Agadar and Kalabuye, there's nobody left to give you the Hover Tank quest! Ignoring Kalabuye until after...