• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Bob the gapper

1. Space Carriers

Oh I tracked it, got tired of writing down "promethium," but then I remembered all the other times I've communicated with support about issues like that. "You don't understand probability." (I do). It was after the first *month* that I actually got a batch of orichalcum out of the SC. It...
  2. Space Carriers

So I was excited to put up the SC, since I figured it would help with special goods. But then I went to Oceanic Future, and I mostly receive promethium from it. I started trying to keep track of what it provided, but gave up—but it is mostly promethium. I have had the SC for months...
  3. Challenge 1

4. Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

It can give you medals, bps, and fps, but I never get goods from it.
  5. Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

Oh the Arc is wonderful for giving goods to the Guild (dunno how you can use it more than ever for producing goods, though), but for those whose arc isn't already high, it seems to me that raising it is now going to be a much slower thing with all the energy going into the GB.
  6. Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

Duh. I constantly re-evaluate my game, which is what my post was all about. For me it is a puzzle, how can I maximize this and that? My city bears little similarity to others that are in FE. The way GB is setup I think it will destroy certain parts of the game as it exists—it seems like an...
  7. Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

I was discussing this with the guild this morning, and sharing it here. We are a top 10 guild because we play GvG, but the number of players that play GvG is a small part of the guild—many cannot because they are on mobile or are not interested. We cannot do that in GBG, because the way it is...
  8. The use of logic has gone missing for many...

The use of logic has gone missing for many...
  9. Christmas in July Give away

SoK Speakers Corner Terrace Farm
  10. Relics reward rate close to zero,

I don't mind putting money into something that actually provides what is promised, but I have found, through experience, that Relics for some do not have anywhere close to the probability of being rewarded. Currently I have a level 3 TOR (13% bonus) which has produced 5 relics in 116...
  11. ToR leveling rumor

Here is some evidence, four players, a small sample in my guild: Note the chance for a single encounter for level 3 TOR is 0.13, for level 9 TOR is 0.1575 for these, I have calculated the chance of this happening, with the claimed relic reward chances: 5 relics/116 encounters, level 3 TOR...
  12. Temple of Relics Feedback

I had been experiencing this for a few weeks before I actually started counting, so I have to believe that it is a systemic problem, not just a very highly unusual occurrence, especially so considering that my wife is experiencing the same thing. Put in a ticket, but of course, the standard...
  13. Temple of Relics Feedback

I am wondering if there is a problem with the most recent software updates, the last two weeks I have had five relics out of 109 encounters, which is quite difficult to do if the 13% chance on my TOR is actually in place, the chance of this happening is a few out of ten thousands. Know other...
  14. Event is biased.

A bunch of clever retorts. The odds of one 20% (I was in error it is 20%, not 25%) coming up more 'probably' than the other 20% or 25% is unusual. It is by no means a statistical analysis to claim that the system is definitively unbalanced, compared to the claims for the game chance by inno...
  15. Event is biased.

Six times or so, I have taken the chest, 4 times I get the 7 roses. Doesn't sound like 25%.