• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Ericness

1. Next steps with Mobile Video Ads (Feedback thread)

Looks like not a lot has happened with this "test rollout" other than leave it in place. Now that I've had some time to reflect on this after taking a break from the game and starting in on a few others, I can say with confidence that it's not so much the monetization itself that is an issue...
  2. Next steps with Mobile Video Ads (Feedback thread)

Just had what I would call my first really off-putting experience with in game ads. Apparently in the Castle the top collection button is now a quarter of the original with an ad button taking over the remaining space. I had gotten used to the tavern defaulting to the ad menu and the minefield...
  3. Fellowship Event Feedback

So far I am finding the event fine enough, albiet a bit bland and uninspiring. Inno played this one very safe by reskinning the long running soccer/origami minigames. I enjoy the theme and look, but wish it had more going for it in terms of design, characters, and city improvements. Prizes...
  4. Future events

Apparently missed an event, though I'm not sure I want to know what the minigame was
  5. Submitted Option to hide defense army

Voted no because I sometimes use the defense slots as a quick sort to specific units when preparing for a GbG race and this would negatively impact that. I don't care about city defense since it is mainly irrelevant.
  6. Wildlife Event 2022 Feedback

Mixed feelings about this event. I'll admit that the minigame has grown on me and I've been having good luck drawing appealing dailies, but I am having difficulty playing as the game keeps locking up on me and treating me to a spinning progress wheel. Happens most often in the event interface...
  7. gbg

Not super excited about the proposed change, but time will tell if it is an overall good. Also, very curious to see how many people saying they'll quit over thus actually do. Feel like quitting becomes the rallying cry every time a change gets made or an event doesn't match high expectations.
  8. Why do we need ads

So far finding the ads easy enough to avoid when I want to. Regarding the motivation to add them, I feel like the answer is likely a combination of the following: 1. The revenue from paying players isn't covering as much as it once did. 2. Inno is looking for ways to generate extra revenue...
  9. Rename the AF ship called Poll Dancer

I'll admit I got a good chuckle when I saw the name (the real version), but it's not offensive in context. As said above, its the Artic Future and the ship dances around the Earth's poles. That said, there's no need to attack people who work or exercise in ways the original poster don't...
  10. Winter 2021 Feedback

Still not a fan of the event for reasons I've already shared, but I've been able to effectively ignore it for the last month and will still easily get the main prize plus extras. Huzzah. It is worth noting that this is the first event I've cared this little about since I started playing. I...
  11. Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

My initial reaction is that I like it! Had fun hitting a new map and it seems like there will be a bit more action (and the associated rewards) than the original version. I think I'll need at least a campaign season or two to truly have a good sense of how some of the new features play out...
  12. Market PvP aspect clearly for new players

While you may find an aggressive neighbor or two early on, PvP is really not a big factor in the game. Not a lot of players engage in it and the amount of damage they can actually do is quite negligible (especially compared to similar games I've played). That's not to say it can't be...
  13. Winter 2021 Feedback

Not a big fan of the event so far. I feel like between the presents, the candles, and the calendar there is too much going that does not offer a compelling payout in return for the effort. I'll take them on the order listed: Presents: Too unpredictable for my taste. Feels like every time I...
  14. Pirate hideout fps percentage....scam

I love my Pirate Hideout. No complaints about the FP output AND my BG hits on it pretty consistently for an added bonus. Not bad at all for a freely acquired building. I don't think the word "scam" applies here.
  15. Demanding Forge Points from Neighbors??

I would have fun with them! If this happened in my hood I would attack/plunder that guy daily. If not strong enough, see if you have any friends or guildies around who can. Make sure to go after snipes/flips on their buildings too. Or you can just ignore the threat like the spam it likely...