• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Fishercat.

1. Fishercat.

Who got the first BP's for the new GB?

No, you can't get blueprints in GBG. IIRC, quests and GE don't give blueprints for ages above your current one. Just up to your current age, and no-age BP, like the ToR.
  2. Fishercat.

Tip on joining a Guild

What do you think are your responsibilities as a guild leader? I'm one also, and am curious.
  3. Fishercat.

I'm tired of this crappy combat.

I'm a farmer, and I love GBG. I just do the negotiation game -- a logic puzzle -- instead of fighting.
  4. Fishercat.

Tip on joining a Guild

Of course they can't. But guilds can maintain a list of goods sellers to pass along to guildmates looking for GB sets. Everyone else has been harsh, but they're essentially right. You're doing a poor job of looking after your people. When your players have questions you can answer, you do...
  5. Fishercat.

GE Start Time and Gold Cup

Yes. As I said, we scrapped it. The idea had been proposed as "It seems to get us easier opponents," so we tried it. Doing so didn't cost anything, and wasn't especially difficult.
  6. Fishercat.

GE Start Time and Gold Cup

My guild has done this; imported the idea from a guild leader's other guild. It did seem to work for a while, as in we were blowing the competition out of the water, but after coming up against another guild that was doing the same thing, we scrapped it. We generally do quite well in GE whatever...
  7. Fishercat.

Shouldn't running a city be challenging?

It is an interesting question, but I don't think it's necessary. In my opinion, possibly the best aspect of FoE is that it accommodates widely varying styles of play. If anyone wants to maintain that particular city development challenge, there are routes to do that, as others have already...
  8. Fishercat.

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Whiners do have a voice. But it's not a binary choice between tolerating kvetching and participating in a community that interests you. If you think someone adds more noise than signal, it's easy enough to hit "ignore."
  9. Fishercat.

GVG was half dead and now need to compete with the new kid on the block(GBG)

The richness and depth of play; it covers enough ground to appeal to bajillions of different people, with wildly different preferences and play styles.
  10. Fishercat.

Space Age Venus release date

Yes, but are you your own grandpa? Inquiring minds want to know.
  11. Fishercat.

Changing worlds

Is it crazy to keep >2 cities for diamond mining purposes?
  12. Fishercat.

Ah. That was a mush-for-brains moment, too early in the morning. I hadn't realized how old the post was.
  13. Fishercat.

Negotiation

I have once or twice (in about a year of playing, negotiation only) gotten a five-goods negotiation right on the first guess.
  14. Fishercat.

FoE has a lot of features that encourage cooperation and community building. There are enough that I've theorized that cooperation among players and guilds is a continuing guiding principle of their design team. Much like the lesson of Civilization (the board game) is that war is a losing...
  15. Fishercat.

[Question] Never mind.. found the answer.

I've used the forum's bookmark function for a few posts, but haven't figured out how to retrieve them. What am I missing? Never mind. I found the answer.