• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Halgar

1. PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

After fighting the same guy for probably 100 times (I stopped counting), I got a new opponent on Monday. It went back and forth with the old guy and the new guy a few times but then settled on the new guy for 25 straight fights. He friended me, and I accepted. Since then, I've had 12...
  2. PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

It's now 72 fights in a row against the same guy. Let's pretend that he is literally the ONLY player above my age who is still playing PvP on my world. I'm curious what would happen if I friend him? Would I just not have a difficult opponent anymore and be forced to fight the middle or lower...
  3. PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Possibly a combination of the two, although my city is really new so the rewards are actually helpful. Now it's 35 fights in a row with the same opponent. I've been attacked 7 times during that time frame by other players, so there are other players out there. I guess it's possible that...
  4. PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

In my last 50 PvP battles, I've only fought 2 different opponents. My 3 star (most difficult) opponent has been the same guy for the last 26 tries in a row. I guess it could be that there just aren't any active people, but since the 3 star opponent could be anything up to 3 ages above me...
  5. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Dang, I forgot that you couldn't get CE troops in InA due to an era trigger. But "Dictator's Death" was the ONLY story quest that I did on CE this time around. It triggered when I completed a RQ while halfway through the TE cMap on my way to getting hovers. I just waited to complete it until...
  6. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

After I got my hover tanks in InA, I kept on going through the cMap to get Oceanic troops too. When I made it to the the Oceanic quest "Consequences", I realized that I had already won all of the Oceanic troops that were listed in the guide. I looked ahead on the quests and saw that I had...
  7. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I went from Iron Age to Industrial at the beginning of GBG, and made it to the hover tanks with 3 days of GBG left to fight Iron Age troops! I could have done it faster if I had been smarter about saving more coins before aging up. I kept running out of coins while scouting. Thankfully there...
  8. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I just went through this. One of my RQ spots switched to Dictator's Death, and the other went to Pecunia Non Olet. After completing Pecunia Non Olet, I got Media Control where you win the surveillance nexus. Then it went back to the regular RQ again. I held Dictator's Death until I...
  9. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I waited to do the PME cMap until the quests caught up per UBER's advice. Got my MG teams, and saved the Truth Or Dare quest. I moved quickly through contemporary, and got about 2/3 of the way through tomorrow cMap when I ran out of coins! I don't have enough coins to scout any further. I...
  10. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Understood. Thank you!
  11. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Assuming that I follow the instructions below, can I start doing this before I get to the PME quest line? I leveled up to Industrial Age now, and I’m working my way through the progressive era quest line, but I’d like to keep pressing the map while I do that. The supply rewards from completing...
  12. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Can I start working through the PME map while still in colonial age? I jumped from Iron to Colonial age today, and I'm a little short on forge points to make it to industrial age. If I negotiate through PME, can I still get the MG troops when my quests catch up? Edit: I'm currently on the...
  13. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Here is my list of techs that I have skipped or am planning to skip. I think that you're correct about 8 in HMA. Tech that you can skip in each age prior to InA: BA: 5 (Growing, Tools, Stonework, Woodwork, Craftwork) IA: 5 (Iron Works, Handicraft, Sewerage, Agriculture, Plowing) EMA: 7...
  14. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Is there a guide for "least techs to unlock per era"? I'm starting a new city to try to get hovers in InA, and am trying to save as many techs as possible for later. I'm just working backwards from the last tech in the era to try to see what is the least that I have to unlock to make it...
  15. [Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

You can get oceanic and arctic troops in PME by following this guide for hover tanks and then just continuing through the map to the higher ages. However, hover tanks are generally better troops than anything you'll get in the arctic and oceanic maps. I've tested the arctic and oceanic troops...