• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by iPenguinPat

1. iPenguinPat

Why not protect users?

There is zero question is happening. Inno knows this. During a q&a, one of the devs clearly stated the reason for the quest abort limit was because bot users. Notice that the solution does nothing to identify or stop the issue. And notice that players that aren't cheating have been affected by...
  2. iPenguinPat

Why not protect users?

Exactly 1 year ago today, i first sent you, the CM, messages with concerns about mods. Between then and now, i sent another 5-6 messages with screenshots, links to posts, and other supporting evidence of my concerns. I received replies to 1/3 of the messages sent, and it took nearly a full...
  3. iPenguinPat

Why not protect users?

The wording about data mining is pretty vague in the TOS. "The use of software which allows data mining or that in any other way collects information associated with the Games is prohibited." The definition of data mining is kind of important here. Especially in relation to video games, data...
  4. iPenguinPat

Why not protect users?

When the devs added the abort limit to counter bot users, they basically put up the white flag and said cheating is okay, as long as you limit how much you cheat. That's how i took it and many others have agreed with that sentiment. All it did was encourage cheaters to get additional accounts...
  5. iPenguinPat

Why not protect users?

For the record, I have had players send me multiple videos of bot that do everything from gbg to ge to recurring quests to attacking while neighborhoods and aiding all friends and guild members. The evidence for gbg and gvg bots is overwhelming. Even when players are caught, big name players...
  6. iPenguinPat

Forum Changes Discussion thread

1) The change in mods is long overdue and much appreciated by the community. Definitely looking forward to where this goes. Juber has been amazing for the Beta forums. Hopefully, the new staff for the US forums are just as successful at building the community. 2) This post from a forum mod...
  7. iPenguinPat

Feedback for update 1.222

Best update of 2022. Thank you! :)
  8. iPenguinPat

zero attrition rate in GBG?

Siege camps reduce your chance to gain attrition by 24% for neighboring sectors. If you have 5 siege camps touching the sector you are fighting, you will never gain attrition. 4SC is almost as good @ 96% (although for whatever reason, it seems closer to 93-95% (when you track attrition gained)...
  9. iPenguinPat

Best units against hover tanks?

Where are you fighting hovers? GVG? PVP? In GVG, Future Era Map, Rail Guns are the best counter to Hover Tanks. A leveled Arctic Orangery helps a lot. In GVG, All Ages Map, Use Hovers to fight Hovers. There are so many other units that you might have to fight that you can't risk using...
  10. iPenguinPat

GVG is crap

I miss the days of spears. It was really great for being able to train new players how GVG worked and helped let them get their feet wet without having to murder their unit count (potentially hurting their growth). Of course. It was great when spears were still an option because early age...
  11. iPenguinPat

GVG is crap

Making all sectors landing zone and eliminating positions is a poorly thought-out idea. At that point, it would simply become a game of burning up everyone's resources and making holding completely unsustainable. Guilds should be rewarded for securing premium positions on maps, just like any...
  12. iPenguinPat

GVG is crap

Re GE - you mean like this? The only guild i know with more golds without a loss is 龙 Đ Ɍ Ⱥ Ǥ Ø N S 龍 on EN6 - they are 100% undefeated as fast as i know. GVG is far more time and resource intensive than GE on active GVG servers. Only about 25% of servers have really active GVG. 40%...
  13. iPenguinPat

GVG is crap

GVG is great. It's the most fast-paced and dynamic aspect of FOE. FOE has a low-skill cap as far as games go; GVG is the one area where outstanding players can really shine and where lousy p2w players are exposed. Sadly, GVG is dead on many servers. US1, US4, and US10 are still highly active...
  14. iPenguinPat

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

The new building is much better than the soh. It doesn't make sense for player's primary fp income to be based on fighting. (Coming from the most anti fp/day collection player you'll see.) Players that choose attack shouldn't be making more fp than players than focus on collection at the...
  15. iPenguinPat

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's a good thing that truly small guilds are at a disadvantage to larger guilds. A small guild shouldn't be able to beat a large one assuming roughly the same participation among all players. What would be a good solution? Cross server would...