Recent content by jwdenny123

1. Plunder rights for successfully defending attack

Off topic, but I think the AI needs to handle that seven rogue attack a little better. I'd love to attack a seven rogue defense, the AI is hopeless against it....
  2. EQAULITY IN NEIGHBORHOODS!!!!

Like using and undetectable auto bot collector when jammed into a neighborhood with players FOUR AGES beyond your own..... - - - Updated - - - All decent techniques. But it doesn't address that this particular game design has no bounds checking on a lot of the game mechanics. It's like...
  3. Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

The plunder feature in the game attempts to mimic a common behavior that was pretty much the norm in history from antiquity through the early middle ages. But by today's standard, is considered barbaric. If you are a rabid plunderer, one who plunders their neighbors whether or not they aid...
  4. Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

Yes plundering is a key facet of the game and adds a lot of depth to it that mimics a lot of historical behavior. A game like this is pretty boring withot the villains, which is the role of the rabid plunderer. I would never advocate getting rid of it. With that said, I still consider a...
  5. Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

Duh....that is the very definition of a design flaw. If you are at the bottom of a neighborhood where the #1 guy is HMA or even LMA and you are EMA, then that's a manageable situation. If the #1 guy is Modern or Post Modern, it's a bug, and very BAD bug. This kind of situation is should be...
  6. Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

Nonsense. They way you play these games says a LOT about the kind of person you are. Plundering and War have nothing to do with one another. How you treat your enemy after the battle has nothing to do with the battle or its tactics. My general take is a rabid plunderer would also be one of...
  7. Why did you stop spending?

Naivety. The world just doesn't work that way. Rules without an ability or willingness to enforce are not rules, just wishes.
  8. Push account mitigation -- time for a new perspective?

The point is here that the developers already have a very effective tool to detect that behavior without the rule. The rule, itself, is very easy to get around anyway, by anyone with access to privacy blogs that detail exactly how to get around ALL the mechanisms used here to try and enforce...
  9. Why did you stop spending?

Couldn't agree more here. This, that and the other, forbidden, forbidden, forbidden.... Most of it well beyond their ability or willingness to police. The need to overhaul all the rules with three key things in mind 1) Detectable -- can they actually detect the behavior from anyone with a...
  10. Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

People are meshing two distinctly different topics in one thread. We have players who are simply opposed to the whole concept of plunder and consider it a classless act. That is different than the unbalanced neighborhood algorithm, which is what this thread is really about. I don't like...
  11. Please tell me about Ghost Guilds

I've seen these used as a Medals push, too. Player A splits off to form a one player guild and is the "push". Lays random sieges with very easy to defeat siege armies. Play B then attacks to win tower points, and thus medals. After a while, they reverse roles. In some cases A and B are the...
  12. Can't Report / Ignore Players in New Messaging

Inno is not known for Test Driven Development.... more like "let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks"...
  13. Offensive requirements

Too funny.... Some folks just need to grow a skin - - - Updated - - - Take a Valium, dude. You do not have any right to not be offended. It's a friggin' game, for crying out loud....
  14. Clear GvG map every 6 months

This is a tough one. I like both sides of this argument. The notion of mature servers being opened back up is intriguing. But this is a War game, and part of that is upstarts figuring out a way to uproot the entrenched power structure. The United States came about by overcoming the world's...
  15. Forwarded FIXING THE NEW MESSAGE SYSTEM (LEFT NOTIFICATION)

Biggest slam dunk I've ever seen in this game....