• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by mandatoryIDstinks

1. Screen resolution

Is there a way to change screen resolution or screen detail? (I know about turning off animations.) I sometimes play on a laptop. The laptop gets hot when I play FoE and the battery drains like crazy. I'm hoping a lower resolution would use less GPU power.
  2. Stop login via Facebook

Solved! From Facebook (browser): - Down arrow (upper right) - Settings & Privacy (upper right) - Settings (upper right) - Apps and Websites (left side) - That's where you can remove FoE login with the [Remove] button. Next, go to FoE app (at least on iPhone): - Back (upper left) - Clear the...
  3. Stop login via Facebook

How do I revert to non-Facebook login on mobile (iPhone)? It's frequently buggy and I hate it.
  4. Anyone think the Battle menu needs a rework ???

It’s drudgery. As attack/defense values inflate the time spent battling gets longer. So much longer now that it’s dull, dull, dull. I don’t even battle to my attrition limit. I just stop playing and do something fun like doing laundry or cleaning the toilets.
  5. Feedback for Summer Event 2021

It seems the special events are longer than the time between events. It takes the ‘special’ out of the event. Sort of like a cheap furniture store advertising ‘On Sale Now!’ 365 days a year.
  6. Spin the Wheel probabilities

I always press the “stop” button on the spinning wheel… just in case. I also press the button at the crosswalk for the same reason. ;)
  7. Should I push my Arc to 80 or leave it at 66 until I have a decent amount of excess inventory FP?

These days as long as your guild has an active 1.9 thread and doesn’t suck in GBG I’d level a SoZ, CoA, maybe CdM to level 10. I’d add a ToR and Traz at level 1. Then I’d farm FPs out of GBG and use that to level my ARC while getting BP from P4 and P5. That’s less grinding and more interesting...
  8. Need for a "road map" of one's city

It would be nice to see a ‘blueprint’ of my city. Even nicer to see a blueprint of others’ cities (who opt-in to share it).
  9. Has the black tower really fallen from grace to this extent?

You can make a 3x3 with 6-ATK, 2-DEF, no road. That’s not bad ATK and the no road makes it a winner: Hambock x 2 Smorgasbord Feast Candlemaker's Tent Straw Star Tent (A 3x4 6-ATK, 10-DEF, no road is also an option. Just add another SF and another SST.)
  10. Thematic City Arrangement - Do you do it?

You’re not the only one! I put off building a Truce Tower for a year because it clashed with my garden/farm theme. I hide the House of Horrors as best I can - too scary! I also try to hide Tactician’s Towers and spread them around because the roofs look ugly all bunched up. I keep several Rogue...
  11. Town stats

I know exactly how many roads I have. I’d like to show off my results with others who are interested and see what progress they have made. I literally spend more time staring at the game trying to reconfigure buildings and choosing buildings to eliminate roads for efficiency than playing GBG...
  12. Town stats

Anyone else find themselves addicted to menial tasks like the elimination of roads? These days I find myself spending more time on road elimination than most anything else. (It’s a game within the game!) Before I post in the ideas thread about adding a stat feature I’d like to know if I’m the...
  13. Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

I love the mini-game. It takes effort. It’s better than the pay-to-win ‘games’ that saw folks with several maxed out event buildings on day one. I hope there are more like this in the future!
  14. St. Patrick's Event 2021 questions and non feedback comments

The map game seems like an easily solvable problem. (By easy I mean straightforward with algebra. No random chances/statistics, or other higher maths.) There are three main bottlenecks: Making goods, Transporting goods, Selling goods. Transporting and Selling are single variables each. Making...
  15. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

What about randomly pre-populating sectors with camps, towers, traps, decoys and so forth. These would be permanent but inactive. They could be activated by spending goods. Flipping a sector would de-activate them. This would make attrition-free sectors rare and force guilds into using...