• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recent content by Pericles the Lion

1. Daily challenges and other time sinks

How did you manage this? I got Hover Tanks when I was in Indy (afaik, this is the earliest age that hovers can be obtained). Ballistas are IA units. How could you have used Hovers against Ballistas in GBG? At the best, the earliest age units that you would have been matched up against would...
  2. Daily challenges and other time sinks

In warfare, "casualty" means killed or injured. I think @spartacus2.0 means only killed when he refers to casualties. Except in a few specific matchups (e.g all arty versus all heavies) there's no way to avoid troops getting injured.
  3. Archaeology 2022 Feedback

I completed all of the quests on 4 worlds. Used up all of the provided scrolls and spent diamonds on my main world to buy 3 big tool packs. Did not find a single gold tablet.
  4. Auction Glitch

As you experienced, it is an effective bidding strategy when bidding against players that want to bid only a few coins higher than the current bid. I'll do this every time I come up against a player that bids this way. As @Ebeondi Asi already said, the "cure" is to bid what you are actually...
  5. So when is the server performance going to get way better?

Yeah, now it's my turn to appear rude. The reason that submitting tickets seems pointless is two-fold. First, and foremost, Support invariably suggests "clear your cache and cookies, they do not take responsibility for the problem. Secondly, after getting this advice for the umptheenth time...
  6. Colonial Age Units

In CA my A/D was in the 650/450 range and I auto-battled in GBG with a mix of Musketeers and rogues with the number of rogues at least the number of field guns in the defending army.
  7. So when is the server performance going to get way better?

Hi. I'm not sure how looking at "logs" will provide the clues needed to confirm that improvements were made with the most recent update. The fact is that opening day of GBG has been plagued with lag from the time that I started playing. Yesterday, after "improvements", the lag was the worst...
  8. Main City Expansions

The question mark is a pretty good clue. :cool:
  9. Over-donated to treasury

I've wondered why clicking the Guild Treasury donation is not answered with a confirmation window before the donation is captured (like spending diamonds or selling a building). If the amount over-donated is significant I'd send a message to support. It never hurts to ask. The worst they can...
  10. Going from EMA to HMA and eventually FE

With ARC at 80+ and CF at 58+ goods will be plentiful if a player contributes to 1.9s and does the "spend x forge points" RQs. I levelled up both my ARC and CF when I was in EMA and haven't had a goods building since. The "refined versus unrefined" thing has never been an issue and I'm in OF now.
  11. Archaeology 2022 Feedback

If you compare the 2021 Archeology Event with this year's, you'll see that the mechanics didn't change from what I can see. The grand prize is, of course, different (set this year, single building last). The Butterfly Gardens can be set up much like the Harvest Farm for a decent amount of...
  12. alcatraz

no. You must have at least one military building. It does not need to be fully constructed to be effective
  13. Going from EMA to HMA and eventually FE

What's your A/D%? Unless the OP is in a top GBG-centric guild and can fight 470 battles at near zero attrition, 800/day is not achievable with a L10 Triad and L20 Traz.
  14. AO or Kraken?

My Kraken is L26 and I find it very useful for taking sectors on the C-Map. 16 charges is more than enough to take a province. If the Kraken doesn't fire I retreat and start over. Got me thru SAAB with FE units and thru SAV using mostly OF units. Having a province scouted and ready for...
  15. Going from EMA to HMA and eventually FE

How do you build bank with a L80 ARC using a 1.9 thread? Sure, she can collect her city and convert the collection to bank by contributing to 1.9s at a 1:1 ROI but 50K FPs would be a stretch in a couple of months, let alone a week or two. EMA city with low level attack triad rules out a lot of...