Recent content by ragray

1. Soccer Event Solved Once Again

This article is an update of an article published last year at this time titled Soccer Event Solved. It presented these same findings, but has become unintelligible owing to the nightmarish rubbish software that underlies this forum. Rather than simply refer to it, I have reentered it in a way...
  2. Better Friend List system

I would vote for this proposal as well.
  3. The Ultimate Prizehunter's Tool

Here is some useful information about the Secure Scores App that I had in my files. Question: What is net cost? Answer: The net cost of a prize is simply its present secure score minus the forge points returned to you as part of the prize. Assuming you pay out the full secure score in forge...
  4. Cost-Neutral Trading

No, you are entirely correct. The 4 hour cost is indeed 3600. I confounded it with the 8 hour cost -- my bad. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. The proper TE base amount is 10.5, not 15, which makes quite a difference. This is another case where you can sometimes simplify the...
  5. The Ultimate Prizehunter's Tool

The tool has been updated to work with the Observatory up to level 10.
  6. THE OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY PARTY THREAD- POST HERE

ragray - Arvahal
  7. Cost-Neutral Trading

I have updated this article to include the magic number for the Tomorrow Era. It will be useful if Tomorrow Era has not been added to the calculator you use. (Also, calculators are for wimps.)
  8. The Ultimate Prizehunter's Tool

Link to my Latest GB Contest Worksheet I have created a link to a worksheet that provides contestants in my latest GB project with their secure scores. It will be updated at least once a day -- more often as the contest approaches its conclusion. No downloads of anything are required to view...
  9. Cost-Neutral Trading

You are correct. Sorry if that example was not clear to some. I guess if you're poor with head math, using a calculator is the way to go, especially if you have in mind an exact quantity that you need. Personally, I would just scale up the trade until I got enough of what I wanted. The extra...
  10. The Game No One Knows

Good to know. Thank you. The tool can still help you win blueprints, for which I am sure there are no repeat quests.
  11. The Game No One Knows

Forge points accrue to me automatically; medals do not. The entire game comes down to one simple goal: expand your city. When your next Victory Expansion costs 20,000 medals and you earn 19 a day from the Colosseum, the game comes to a standstill and you naturally begin to seek ways to obtain...
  12. The Game No One Knows

The extra time and effort everyone is talking about consists of updating six numbers and pressing a key. It provides you with a goal to shoot for, something that other contestants clearly do not have, as witness the amount of overbuilding they do -- contributing far beyond what is needed to...
  13. The Game No One Knows

The general formula for the secure score when there are several contenders is:yss = (goal - non_contender_sum) / (total_number_of_contenders) It can also be stated asyss = (open + contender_sum) / (total_number_of_contenders) I prefer to present the first formula because goal is constant...
  14. The Game No One Knows

What I Would Do You posted your note just a few minutes after I created the thread, which means you read that whole article in a very short time. Most impressive. The "head math" to calculate the secure score for a one-other-contender scenario is fairly simple, but to really track a GB...
  15. The Game No One Knows

[Note: I am making one final effort to discover whether anyone is interested in winning blueprints and medals. After this I say no more.] [To view the image file that accompanies this article, click on this link and drag the tab that appears onto your desktop...