• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition - Feedback

DeletedUser10076

The cooperative efforts are not rewarded in that guild planning for increased support pool GBs is now obviated as are the gearing of many member's cities toward building barracks for a certain age. Going to GE, without the benefit of the military gains won through all of that collaborative effort, strikes many as a mere ploy to get more diamond purchases. There is indeed a need to recognize the fruits of previous labors. This was also the case when the ranking system changed. Not to do so borders on disrespect for previous efforts.

bud you are stretching

DeletedUser7289

My observation on GE, based on 4 worlds (I'm not including my play on V, as the guild is too new for a full evaluation), is that it greatly depends on what percentage of the guild participates. On 2 of my worlds, we're gaining a great deal of guild power, and it's more than worth the costs in goods. On the other 2, there is way less participation, and it's really costing us more than it's worth. My rough estimate is that a guild needs about 60% of it's members participating for it to be worthwhile (but that could skew, depending on the members levels).
I consider the individual rewards a 'fringe benefit', and not the primary motivation for doing GE. And, certainly, level 3 is quite a challenge even for an experienced fighter like myself. So it's certainly not for everyone. But I'm certainly happy with it, especially for my guilds that actively take part.

DeletedUser26198

bud you are stretching
Bud - You are failing to see the Big Picture. GvG and GE share the need for military GBs and contributions to guild treasuries but that's where the similarities pretty much end. GvG gives a military reward and GE does not. All members of a guild both "fighters" and "farmers" contribute to GvG and guild rank advancement. GE does not. Only "fighters" are rewarded despite the fact that many players set up their cities in a "farming" mode.
GE does nothing for "farmers and thus not all guild members can participate.

The fact that FOE launched GE without taking the "farmers" into consideration (to the best of my knowledge there's been no date for the "negotiation" option set) coupled with the lack of a military reward for advanced guilds can only be seen as a very thinly veiled method to increase diamond sales.
Think bud.

Ylisaveta

"Very thinly veiled method to increase diamond sales." Uh, no, it's a very obvious source for more diamond sales that a for-profit company introduced into their for-profit game. You don't have to spend diamonds, but you can and Inno hopes you do. Not a conspiracy, bud, it's a business plan.

GvG and GE are coexisting very well in my guilds. I have not seen a confict yet, except over whether the goods cost for the 3rd level is worth it (as pygalgia said above, even most fighters have trouble with it).

DeletedUser10789

Ok Steve you can see where the problems lie with the Artic age but not with expeditions?
It doesn't matter what troops you use if every combination is defeated. The promise of negotiation is just a carrot being dangled with it still being locked...they worked on opening Artic instead of finishing expeditions.

Why bother with expeditions until you can get ALL of your military bonus GBs maxed out? In the meantime massive amounts of goods are being absorbed by the 1 or 2 lower end players that are wanting to get into level 2 and 3. Not to mention the rewards do not equal the costs of said openings of each level. Think it through more carefully.

Cassaundrea,
Yes, I can see where the new Arctic Future Age exist as I play many worlds and read many posts where people complained. Also, I saw one tell tale issue was the purging of Medals by the game from all the higher levels or players with plenty of Medals. Let's not forget too, the higher levels complained about not having a use for all their excess medals. You need to remember that something we are NOT to discuss, yet I will just mention it, the lack of using Medals for further expansions, once you hit the highest or last medal expansion. To wit, I had a solution, but with the lack of creativity within "the game" and the loss of one of the original designers of the game this will probably never be put into the game, maybe in years when "the game" needs to remake itself due to players leaving from the lack of creativity. Here, add additional islands or sub islands. You need to BUY one with Diamonds and then you can use your medals to open expansions and more expansions (nearly endless or to fill up a smaller island/map) using Diamonds. This would allow "the game" to generate revenue as players would want more maps/islands/sub-cities. "The game" could make this start with one and expand it to 3, then 5, then 10. Could you imagine the high level players with 10 Sub Maps/Cities. How wild would that be. Don't forget these are the same players who want to rush ahead and finish the Tech Tree of a New Age the DAY it comes out. How crazy is that, finish it the same day, talk about impulsive. Anyway, these are thoughts and a majority of this community has great ideas, because let now forget, they look at it differently than a developer because the developer uses a guide line or a template of what is there before they became the designer. The players actually play the game and have more creativity as it becomes things they would like to have or could/would benefit the game as a whole.

Ok, that rant over with. You can see I am not the only one who can think outside the box and provide an idea or two. Maybe this is planned, due to this new, looks to be a seaport or something like that, which we all know they are going to SHOULD try to develop with the new Arctic Future Age. What you fail to see is all I was saying with this new age, is with NO current use for Guild Goods for the New Arctic Future Age, why not keep all of the Three (3) Great Buildings that produce Goods for the Guild Treasury. That's all I said, UNTIL "the game" announces a reason for the New Arctic Future Age goods to be used by a Guild. I just spoke out for that reason, because players with high level ARC's, OBS's and Atom's will be dumping these new age goods into the Guild Treasury with NO USE Currently. Why not postpone it and allow it to generate Future Age goods for NOW. Lastly about this, next week's Guild Expedition, those that RUSHED ahead without thinking of what will be next, will be sucking out the Future Age Goods from the Guild Treasury just to pay for them being apart of a Guild, should they choose to do the Guild Expedition.

Now, maybe I have too much of a ATT/DEF boost to be objective with the Guild Expedition, honestly. Still, on Level 1, I use troops 4 ages below my current age (Future Age) to get some points for the weekly tower. I do not find it that difficult at all and in fact, it is super easy to me. I do this on my Primary World and in my other diamond farming worlds, I ONLY use 1 age below, as I am LMA in most all of my other worlds.

I really wish you were in our guild in my primary and I can help you fight better. I assure you, if you use the map to your advantage and you use the correct combination of troops, you will win. Will you take losses, YES you will. Just like when you fought on the Continent Map. This Guild Expedition does last for nearly a week, so if you just picked away at it, you can and will complete it. The rewards do get better in Level 2, then Better in Level 3. Trust me, look around on the internet and/or google, how to fight in FOE, spell out FOE, by the way. You will see a ton of videos by players who post them up on you tube and if you take a few minutes to watch them, you will see how to use your map. BUT, the big secret is this. It will explain why the AI or the Computer Fights. Once you know how the Computer will fight against you, it will give you a MAJOR advantage. Trust me, it is worth your time to watch one. I believe one I posted was only a few minutes. There are a few longer ones, but you WILL LEARN how to fight much better. I thought I was a pretty good fighter and I am NOT talking about using that Auto Battle Button, I am talking about taking your time and moving your troops around to benefit you. It is like a chess game, where it can be over on your first move, without you seeing it. It takes a little time to learn it and see it, which is why I am directing you to watch a few videos on it. Most players DO NOT Have a big boost at all and if you level all of your Military GB's to Level 10, which granted is considered high, that will give you +90% Att/Def. Still half of that pretty good to help you out a lot.

If you want another tip, which I cannot do currently, you wait AND NOT RUSH into the next level. You sit and wait a little, until you can unlock some next age Military Troops, then once the weekly Guild Expedition is generated, it will put you in your current level, then you level up to unlock new Military Buildings which can help you. REMEMBER, this can only work once, until you are ready for the next level. Forget that for now and just stick to watching a few video's to fight better. You will be surprised by much better you will be fighting if you take the time to watch a few video's and see how the Computer will fight against you. The Computer will target certain units first, but I will NOT explain that, you will have to watch those video's to see how and why. This advice I am giving you, NO ONE told me about it, I learned it the hard way and I learned how to fight due to a friend who explained a little about why I should use this troop over that one. We spoke about it and he taught me a lot. This is a long time ago, when I was fighting in IA with a +36% boost and I was taking losses. Once I tweaked my fighting style, I cut my losses a lot.

Now you see, I am NOT a negative person about "the game", in fact, I only speak up and say things that I feel are wrong, when they happen. This Guild Expedition, to me, is GREAT and if you work a little you can and will collect FREE STUFF. I know that does not justify a lot in your mind, but trust me, you will LOVE this aspect of the game, if you tweak your fighting style. Try it and then tell me how you are doing with it.

Your last point is this. We have over 75 people in our guild and only half are playing the Guild Expedition with 1 or 2 in-actives. So, our guild treasury is being hit weekly due to the costs and I find myself dumping goods into the Guild Treasury, as there are a few whom have leveled up and we are NOT generating as many Guild Goods as we need for a certain age. But that will change over time. This is why, we have a program called, Operation Observatory, whereby we do our best to get everyone in the guild an Observatory. Then the guild (not mandatory) players are asked to donate 1 FP per day to one player's OBS we are currently working on. You would be surprised how fast we, are a guild, get them up to Level 3's, then 5's. I am NOT in charge of that Thread and I am NOT the creator of that Program. It was brought to us by another higher level who said this was being done on other worlds he was playing. So, we adopted it and now we use it. This is how we generate Goods for our Guild and it have been about a year now, since we ever asked or needed donations to the Guild Treasury. You see, planning is key in the game and always looking ahead. I try my best to pass along what I learned and I have personally given away a lot of FE Age Goods to lower age players so they can have ARC's, which are AWESOME. Try an ARC program in your guild and it is a Good Builder for your Guild Treasury, trust me on that. You see, these are the tricks that if you use them to your advantage, you will benefit greatly and so will your guild. This game is about trial and error with certain things and when you learn something, you tell your friends and they all benefit by things you all share together.

If I can help you, just let me know. What world is your primary.? My primary is H world or Houndsmoor. If you are there, mail me there. Sorry, my FL is max'd out yet again, but I can remove a few non M/P people, if need be. Also, I have attacked 2 people in my hood over my 2 plus years playing. I learned a long time ago, NOT attacking people and M/P'ing them daily, they usually do the same back and then I benefit a lot more, also I tend to get more Blue Prints that way as well. That is my style and I have NEVER plundered anyone, yet others do in my many other worlds, as they think being a top 5 player in their hood means something. If I wanted too, I can hit them back, but why bother, it is a waste of my time and when I only diamond farm those worlds, who cares. In my primary I assist them with M/P and almost everyone see's I am NOT aggressive towards them and they tend to M/P me back. Which benefits us both a lot more.

Steve - LordStevie

cbalto1927

Bud - You are failing to see the Big Picture. GvG and GE share the need for military GBs and contributions to guild treasuries but that's where the similarities pretty much end. GvG gives a military reward and GE does not. All members of a guild both "fighters" and "farmers" contribute to GvG and guild rank advancement. GE does not. Only "fighters" are rewarded despite the fact that many players set up their cities in a "farming" mode.

The fact that FOE launched GE without taking the "farmers" into consideration (to the best of my knowledge there's been no date for the "negotiation" option set) coupled with the lack of a military reward for advanced guilds can only be seen as a very thinly veiled method to increase diamond sales.
Think bud.

I believe it all about balancing out between farmer and fighter. My city is geared to both. Based on my experience doing level 3 does require to level attack GB's to the highest as possible than what you would normally need. The final 2 check-points are the hardest of all. While higher attack percentage is good however in GE the Attack and Defensive percentage are equal for example 85 percent both attack and defense with same age troops. I have noticed that when you move to new age, the next GE week, it would matching the troops at your age for level 3. In my guild i am usually 2nd place in contribution. For those who not as strong military wise, level 3 would be optional for those players.

DeletedUser10789

To All,
I believe someone spoke something of great value above. The value of the Guild Expedition is dependent upon how many players are participating in the Guild Expedition. That said, I said above our stats in my primary world's Larger Guild. I have kept track of these goods for this week and if need be, I can post up what a 76 member Guild costs in terms of goods each week. In fact, here it is for our guild and next week, it will change too, as it usually changes week by week.
Level 2:
Iron Age: 14 Goods, Early Middle Ages: 15 Goods, High Middle Ages: 24 Goods, Late Middle Ages: 28 Goods, Colonial Age: 25 Goods, Industrial Age: 35 Goods, Progressive Age: 75 Goods, Modern Age: 55 Goods, Post Modern Age: 25 Goods, Contemporary Age: 6 Goods, Tomorrow Age: 42 Goods.

Now Level 3:
Iron Age: 28 Goods, Early Middle Ages: 30 Goods, High Middle Ages: 48 Goods, Late Middle Ages: 56 Goods, Colonial Age: 50 Goods, Industrial Age: 70 Goods, Progressive Age: 150 Goods, Modern Age: 110 Goods, Post Modern Age: 50 Goods, Contemporary Age: 12 Goods, Tomorrow Age: 84 Goods.

For US, next week, there will be some FE Goods coming out, due to a few people who moved up and didn't understand the LACK OF VALUE it provides to them and hurts us in the process.

Now the hidden value that some of you are missing, so let me break it down for you to understand.
The game has different style of players and if you have ever seen me say this in Global, you will know it. The Best Guild for you is the Guild that fits your style of game play. Yes, that is what I say and how I feel about a guild in general. SO, what does it mean. I have personally seen JUST farming guild and fighting guilds. Some guilds, like to be a hybrid of both and that's great for multiple players. Still, here are the facts as I see them.

You need both types of players in any guild to allow the guild to prosper. If someone wants to be a farmer, that's great and they usually help and benefit the guild by helping others with goods. The fighters enjoy fighting and are usually the ones that do GvG and will participate in the Guild Expedition. Now you ask, why does this guy say this. Well, we can all agree that a Guild's Level is pretty important and if you do not understand this, look around and ask why it is. Let's just say this. Currently we are only a Level 28, but we still get 3 FREE Forge Points per day JUST BECAUSE we are a Level 28 Guild. Once we hit Level 34 we will ALL get 4 Forge Points per day for FREE, because we are in the guild. If you think that is not worth anything, then you fail to understand some basics here in the game. With 3 FP's extra per day, a guild can ask it's players to try and help donate 1 per day to a Guild Wide Thread to help people grow their three (3) Great Buildings that Generate Goods to the Guild and trust me, they will level pretty fast. Then what about the fact that anyone in our guild, their healing and recruiting time is 14% less and the costs of Coins and Supplies are 7% less. Sounds like nothing right, WRONG it adds up. Now you are sitting there saying, so what. Well everyone, do you see the amount of Guild Power the Guild Expedition is Generating PER DAY for your guild, just because your fighters are fighting and getting you this extra Guild Power. Your guild will LEVEL UP MUCH FASTER and your REWARDS will grow more and more. If you don't believe me, ask someone in a guild who is getting 0 Extra Forge Points per day and ask them, how would they like an extra 3 PER DAY for FREE, I will bet you they would say, HOW DO I GET THAT.

So, you all see, it takes all kinds of players for ANY GUILD to be successful and for any guild to really work together to level up, be smart about how to generate Guild Goods and to help each other grow as well. These are the things that separate the normal guilds to good guilds to the best guilds. The BEST Guild is the Guild that fits your style of game play and if you want to fight, if you join a farming guild, you will not be happy. If you are a farmer and join a fighting guild, there is still a fit for you in that guild and you will provide a lot of value too. Guilds need to work together and not just think about each other so the guild can grow and everyone will prosper from the guild. This is where your leadership comes into play. Any good leader will know there is a balance and every type of player is needed. Point blank, find yourself a GREAT Guild that you call home and help them grow. If you want to farm, do it. If you want to fight, fight. No one will yell at you for playing your game your way and if they do, you are IN THE WRONG GUILD, period.

Make suggestions to your guild leaders and ask them for certain programs to build the guild, take an active role and help others grow too. Pay it forward and you will be rewarded. I give away my FE goods to guild members to allow them to grow and get the best GB's. I am done with the TECH Tree and I generate some FE Goods, this is my way to give back and help others grow, which helps us all in the long run. This game is a Marathon, NOT a sprint. Those that Sprint in this game, get burned out and are gone fast. Build your city/map the best that with a mix of both goods and military troops. Get the BEST Great Buildings and BANG, you will be way ahead, it is all about timing and a little planning. Try it and tell me then, how these Guild Expeditions do NOT help everyone, you just don't see how it does. Everyone in your guild is benefitting from them, I promise you, they are.

Steve - LordStevie

Algona

Think bud.

I think walrusking hit it right. Who do you think you are speaking for? In 240 plus posts in this thread, you are the only person to see a problem with not having Guild Support in GE. Unless LS said something in one of those avalanches of text?

Farmers don't get the reduced building costs and FPs the fighters are winning for the guild? Farmers can participate if they want, They can fight with troops won in Treasure Hunt, Quests, Events. They can donate goods. They can say 'hurrah for our fighters!' I used unattached troops the first two weeks, then decided to build barracks to get in on more of the fun.

What does the poor downtrodden farmer have to do with GE not having Support Pool anyway?

DeletedUser9184

My observation on GE, based on 4 worlds (I'm not including my play on V, as the guild is too new for a full evaluation), is that it greatly depends on what percentage of the guild participates. On 2 of my worlds, we're gaining a great deal of guild power, and it's more than worth the costs in goods. On the other 2, there is way less participation, and it's really costing us more than it's worth. My rough estimate is that a guild needs about 60% of it's members participating for it to be worthwhile (but that could skew, depending on the members levels).
I consider the individual rewards a 'fringe benefit', and not the primary motivation for doing GE. And, certainly, level 3 is quite a challenge even for an experienced fighter like myself. So it's certainly not for everyone. But I'm certainly happy with it, especially for my guilds that actively take part.
Even then, participation should reflect which levels you unlock. (If no levels are unlocked, there is no cost ;)) My guild on beta has dropped to less than 1/6 participation, so I have only decided to unlock level 2 for the members that are participating (and level 3 every now and then for testing purposes). The amount we pay compared to the amount we get now becomes worth it.

DeletedUser8420

, if you use the map to your advantage and you use the correct combination of troops, you will win. Will you take losses, YES you will. Just like when you fought on the Continent Map. This Guild Expedition does last for nearly a week, so if you just picked away at it, you can and will complete it. The rewards do get better in Level 2, then Better in Level 3.

Trust me know how to fight I have taken several GVG sectors on my own....with expeditions I have used every combo that is possible and my GBs are
Deal = 10
Zeus = 9
CDM = 10
St Basil = 6
COA = 7

The map is the map and no way to use it to advantage in expeditions. You defeat one get reward then move on to the next in sequence. It is what it is. However. until I get ALL of my GBs maxed out I cannot get even a good start on expeditions level 2 let alone level 3. So picking away doesn't do any good when I beat wave 1` and get defeated by wave 2 with getting all of 81 points for the effort. After several days of that in one week - it doesn't make sense to keep "picking away" The rewards do not justify the costs.

On the Continent map if you come up on this situation you have the option to negotiate to move on...this is promise to be done on expeditions but currently it is locked. So the carrot of it offered but the reality is (just as the gift option) sometime in the distant future, which in FOE talk is likely never.

iamtheemperor

my GBs are
Deal = 10
Zeus = 9
CDM = 10
St Basil = 6
COA = 7

The map is the map and no way to use it to advantage in expeditions.

Deal and St. Basil's won't help you when you are the attacker.

Using the map to your advantage means knowing how to use the terrain boosts.

DeletedUser11463

I'm in 2 different guilds and on one we have about an 80% rate and most of the higher end players play through level 3. In the 2nd guild we only have about a 65% play rate. So in that guild we decided that we would review who finished level 2 and if limited wouldn't open level 3 that week. Since level 2 is fairly low in goods costs, it allows for those who want to play to get in 2 full levels and yet doesn't kill us on goods costs. Also, most of the people in our guild have an observatory and the guild levels them up fairly quickly so we do get many goods that way as well.

DeletedUser14197

I did level 3 and you would need both high attack and defense percentage. AT the last 2 check points of 3rd level both attack and defense are in 75 to 100 percent for same age troops. In order to successfully complete level 3, it is suggested to have all 3 attack GB to the max plus attack and defensive buildings. Overall i like the challenge and it made me to upgrade the GB's to the max.

I completed level 3 this time. I have 105/84 bonuses. I lost 4 in the last battle and of course lost many others in other battles. I wouldn't remember how many in which ones, but was happy to be able to finish it. Still not sure it is worth it. I won 50 goods as the grand prize. I guess that is probably the most likely one to win. Can't remember what all the choices were, but I didn't get the wishing well or the 100 diamonds or even a premium building. Goods are good. Just not too exciting as I am not really needing any in future age right now. If I had a pick, I would probably take them from a lower age. Maybe eventually I'll be glad I have them.

DeletedUser7289

Honey, how did your guild do for the week? Because that's the point of guild expeditions, and if you completed Level 3 you really helped your guild a whole lot. The individual rewards are secondary.

DeletedUser10415

However. until I get ALL of my GBs maxed out I cannot get even a good start on expeditions level 2 let alone level 3.

Late Middle Ages. Level 6 Statue of Zeus, level 3 Castel del Monte, and no Aachen or Alcatraz. Completed Level 2 of GE and made it one battle past the first large checkpoint on Level 3. Granted, I did have 6 rogues, but even in my other secondary cities without rogues I can complete level 2 of GE, all of which have comparably leveled GBs and no Aachen or Alcatraz. In all of the CA and LMA cities I have 2 of each barracks type except fast units, of which i have none.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

those ARE LOWER LEVEL CITIES AND YOUR GBS FOR THOSE CITIES ARE CONSIDERED HIGH...I AM TALKING ABOUT FE....AND YES I DO KNOW THAT THE DEAL AND ST BASILS ARE DEFENDING....WAS JUST ILLUSTRATING A POINT. WITHOUT MULTI ROGUES AND MAXED GBS YOU CAN NOT MOVE ON ...WITHOUT THE NEGOTIATION OPTION OPEN IT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES FOR THE GUILD (NOT TO MENTION INDIVIDUAL) REWARDS.

NOW THEY ARE OPENING YET ANOTHER EVENT WITHOUT FINISHING THE ONE LEFT HALF DONE.

DeletedUser8152

I make it through the whole thing and only need rogues on one battle (3rd to the last if I recall.) Though of course I've worked my boosts up higher than Cassaundrea's... building lots of strike team centers is not so hard. But even at her boosts I feel very confident I could get through level 2 with no rogues.

wolfhoundtoo

Were you able to do level 3??? That might determine if the rewards are worth it or not, or perhaps it is just luck or how many worlds youa re playing in. I don't have time to play to a high level in my 6 worlds. I couldn't make it to level 3 in any of my worlds if I wanted to. In my main world I made it to level 3, battle 3 and coulddn't win that one, so quit. I didn't get much to make it worth my time and fighters lost last time. The first time it was maybe worth it for the goods, though for the amount of goods the guild had to play to open up level 2 and 3, I am not sure it was worth it even for those, as my guess is very few even started level 3 and probably most didn't do much if any of level 2. At any rate, until I think there is hope to make it thru the 4 rail guns and spotters on level 3 (nothing I have will take them out), than I am not going to do the map unless I am bored. Today I had a few minutes, why I'm here, and my map is not functional, so I guess I'll waste my time here instead.