• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tales from a kinder, gentler time

DeletedUser10415

Until this past Summer event, I had only played on one world - Dunarsund. But with 250 diamonds to be won, per world, I had to start a few more cities. Diamond expansions, see? I want them on D. I've rediscovered something, playing these early-age cities. The conversations one can have regarding plunder. :laugh: On D-world, I don't get this kind of interaction anymore, because I'm in CE, and all my neighbors are PME or higher, so they know the score. But where there are newbies, there is entertainment. I'm sandbagging in the lower ages on my five additional worlds now, so hopefully I will get a lot of material for this thread. Here is the first of my tales.

"Compromise?...never"

The name of the other guy was changed to protect his dignity, and to keep this thread from getting deleted by the management.

The setting: An EMA, Iron, and Bronze Age neighborhood in C-world
The conflict: Iron Age vs. Iron Age
The point of contention: 2 FP from a Bazaar

Semi-Noob: Don't plunder me again or I'll make it personal.
------------
Glarg: Aid me twice per week, or I guess you'll have to make it personal.
---------------
Semi-Noob: No sir, you do not dictate terms to me. If you plunder me again, I will spend every day using my hundreds of troops and significant a/d boost to steamroll your defense, and, if possible, even the scales. If you continue after that, I'm going to extend my timeframe to include as long as I play this game on this world or any other one you're on, Glarg.

(Dude's Iron Age mind you, but he does have an Aachen and an Alcatraz in addition to his Zeus. My Zeus was only level 3, but he did use rogues on defense)
-----------
Glarg: Try me on Dunarsund. :D
-----------
Semi-Noob: I don't play on that world. I play on this one. Inno in all it's wisdom has put us in a hood together with your wretched plan and my current abilities to hit against each other, it would seem. I'm not going to aid you because you plundered my bazaar. That's not a warning shot, that's shooting my MVP. The only way out of this is if you donate to one of my GBs the FP you took, then the scales will be even again. I'll even aid you from time to time. Or you can try me again and see what happens.
------
Glarg: That seems about right - that you don't play on Dunarsund. Because a smart fella like yourself would have already looked me up in all the worlds you play to size me up before thinking about making it personal. This city here in C-world is one of six diamond farms I have on worlds other than D-world. My reasoning behind suggesting you look me up in D-world was so it might dawn on you just how ineffective your dire promises of retribution would be to someone with nearly 3 million global points and over 6k battles won. And also that I'm much more easy-going on my neighbors here than I am there.

Now I aided you Monday - Thursday this past week, and the week before that if we were neighbors then. And if we're still in the same 'hood next week, I'll do it again. Monday - Thursday. You aid me twice in that period, and I'll even aid you on Friday. That's 2 for 5 in your favor. You don't, then you subject yourself to attack and possibly plunder. That's the same deal everyone gets. It's been right there in my profile all along.

You want to put a lot of energy into attacking my city every day to get a few coin or supplies? Well, that's up to you. But it's also my policy to return any attacks. Tit for tat. Now which would you rather have; An easy-going mutual aid relationship, or an uneven exchange of resources in my favor?

(Dude's got Bazaars. I've got Cottages and Butchers.)

-----------
Semi-Noob: I didn't look you up on FoE database until after you mentioned D world. You're clearly more powerful there than I am on any world I play combined. Luckily for me, I don't play D world, not that it would matter as what would you do to my city in Bronze or Iron Age anyway? Glare at it from on high? Heh. No, I told you I'd make it personal if you plunder me again. Notice I didn't say you shouldn't attack or that I disagree with your overall scheme of asking for mutual aid. It makes sense and I do almost the exact same thing on N to my hoodies. Thing is, I give them a warning shot to make it clear what I'm asking. You just took from my bazaar like I owed you. That won't do. I hear what you're asking, and I'll give it you. Give me what I ask for first. I'm not asking for an apology or anything crazy here, I want that 2 FP you took like a sneakthief pretending it's justified because I haven't aided you enough. What you ask is not much and what I ask isn't much either, a fair compromise. Or we can make it real cold around here.
-----------
Glarg: Like you ever aided me at all? C'mon - Your city in this world is a diamond farm just like mine is. You probably don't aid aid anyone here except your guildmates and friends, if that. That's fine. I know a lot of people who play their secondaries like that. Fact of the matter is though that you put the #1 plunder target into an inadequately defended city in an age where you've got no leverage. I'd have been a fool not to have taken advantage of it when I saw it winking at me.

This is all moot now though, because the matchmaker in it's infinite wisdom has spirited me away to an Industrial Age 'hood, and didn't bring you with. So unless it brings us together again, your Bazaars are safe from me. I'd friend you, but you don't have any GBs I'm interested in, so I'll be keeping the 2 FP as a memento of the good times we shared.
:)

Happy Forging
-----------
Semi-Noob: So you'll act like an even bigger jerk than me after I've offered a fair compromise?

It's true, this is mostly a mine world for me (I don't use the term farming. Diamonds are from mines, so mining). That being said, I also give a rip about my PF being ripped off. You ripping the FP was completely allowed in the game, but not a good way to make a friend or even acquaintance with me. If you took coins, I'd consider that a heads up. If I were you, I would've been a fool, as you say, and ignored the bazaar the first time. Hood full of 80 players, who's gonna read *your* description normally? Very few is the honest answer. Some will, most of them by accident. I didn't, because you don't even register on my hood threat. You got lucky that I wasn't prepared and hadn't checked in 10 minutes earlier or you would've had nothing to plunder at all. That's it. Fact is though, I was late checking in, I didn't have an adequate defense against your troops, and you did rip off my bazaar thinking I owed you aid. Currently we're not in the same hood, and that suits me just fine. Should we be in a hood together again, I hope you reconsider my compromise. You want mutual aid, I want my FP back. Right now, I would accept a friend invite and the FP and we'd be fine next time we're in a hood together. Or next time we are, I will have better defenses and make sure you can't get through them while aiming to ransack whatever I can from your city in turn. Help me, and I help you. Ignore me, we go round and round.

(At 200k or so in his main world, I expect his exposure to actual jerks has been limited. In time, he will look back on this encounter and wish it was this easy. Here ends the first of my tales.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

Good thing he didn't expect you to apologize, huh?
I wonder if he also pokes sticks at rattlesnakes?

DeletedUser10806

All seems very good natured really - looking forward to the next installment!

DeletedUser

He sounds pretty decent compared to all the scumbags around here.

DeletedUser7289

Because I'm generally a 'nice' player, whenever someone complains about my plundering I'll explain that I 'aid' my event history before I do my 'hood attacks. 'Aid' me, and you're safe. I don't plunder all that much, 'cuz you likely don't have much that I want. I'll always plunder HoF's when I can (just helping my guild), bazaars (why not?), or goods I actually need, but otherwise skip it. Whining doesn't bother or deter me in the slightest.

DeletedUser11463

Best story I've read in a long time. I used to get crazy-ticked-off with being plundered. Now it just annoys me. I attempt to get revenge whenever possible. I don't normally plunder except for a select few. Also, like you said, AID me on a fairly regular basis and I aid you back. Anyway, totally different player after almost 2 years than I was when I started.

DeletedUser10415

I'm sorry there have not been as many tales in this thread as I thought there might be. I pretty much slacked off being a scourge in my diamond cities as I don't play FoE as often as I used to. I do have a new tale to add though. This one I will title 'Jekyll to Hyde in 47 minutes'

(She nabs an FP from my mad scientist a few days after telling me she only attacks for points and never plunders)

3:38PM
Me: IF you're going to steal from me, then you're getting 1 spear.

3:55PM
Her: I deserve 1 spear up the butt!...sorry, funding this last Gb has made me do things i don't normally do. when you see Dynamic Tower up you will understand why...i will make ammends to alal my hoodies...with Trade PU's, styxs aid fp aid goods aid & everyday maotivation..i don't need to attack anymore unless irt isn't minded. i needed points not goods

4:02PM
Her: also, i see your posts in forum, & i see you in chat room...i thought it might be fun to have an enemy, but it isn't a fair fight. Just so you know...i have been plundered & looted & attacked ever since I started this game. it is INNO"s fault, not mine..i am just playing the game not trying to make enemies.

4:05PM
Me: Well, success! You've made one. Fortunately for you, I do not intend to advance to PE for quite some time in this world, so my only revenge will be to cut off the tower points I've been giving you.

(I moved on to another city at this point, and when I came back I found the remainder in my inbox)

4:10PM
Her: hang on...i will make so we are allies! i will be your new friend..i don't have time for enemies...
After 10 or so Fp you will calm down, maybe after a trade or two are pu, or i level a styx..many oportunities to atone for my missdeed!

Her: i will start now..giving you fp

4:11PM
Her: Visit CDM

4:21PM
Her: dresden & chateau' + cdm...let's have a look at my gb & see if Glarg is represented.

4:22PM
Her: I think you might reconsider posting 1 spearman or worse 1 rogue...i wouldn't do that if i were you..

4:25PM
Her: So you are saying you don't know how to play FOE and are just winging it...good grief.
always goota complain..without taking a look at the bigger picture..'
so what if i took something from you..big deal
happens to every one so bring it on..no more fp no mre trades no more styx ofr fp yes i can play that game too! jerk!

(I've never traded with her and she's never helped my GBs out of stix. She did put 10 FP on my CDM, but it was sitting at zero for it's next level and she must know I'm leveling the Chateau at present since she's got 2 FP in it and I'm adding FP every day. The only other times she put FP on any of my GBs was hoping to make FP off of them. I made sure she didn't, and she won't on my Chateau either. :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10789

You know what, here is a good tip for anyone....Now that GvG is a waste of time, DON'T PvP.
Instead, you are ware that you can get more FREE ITEMS, that are actually better then anything you can get from Attacking anyone, if you just did the Weekly GE. I swear some cannot figure this basic premise out and I am glad you all don't or someone might complain and they will take away GE from us.

I am a high level in my primary world and I have enough fights under my belt to beat anything, period. Yes, my ATT is +156% oops, use to be, but took down a few Military Buildings to Build goods for one of the best GB's in the game and help my fellow guild mates with FE goods. So it is lower now, yet after playing over 2 years, I have attacked 2 people in that amount of time and with plenty of fights, all of my fights are truly hard earned in GvG the Continent Map and GE now. Fighting against a +100% boosted army in GE is still easy and I can get thru 2 waves with maybe 1 loss or 2 at the most. In fact, I do the entire First Level with PME troops just because I can. Then switch over to CE troops after that and then FE troops in level three. Oops, I should NOT have said that, or they will make the GE harder now. It is pretty easy, IMHO. Still, I love it and how can people NOT see you can get more FREE STUFF that way then attacking anyone. DUH. SO, tell me....How many FREE DIAMONDS can you get from Attacking.? How many Free Troops can you get.? How about Free Buildings.? We all know the answer to that. Keep on doing PvP and trying to be the big shot who can pass any defense, lol...Any good fighter can. You will get points from GE, just like PvP and GvG, ONLY the rewards are much better.

I swear that old saying is true, the masses are a$$e$. Notice, admins and mods, no foul language and/or any intentional or deliberate insulting and NO RULES were in fact breeched by myself, LordStevie, and as such said player has not breeched any and all rules or code of conduct of said forums. Therefore, providing tips in which to advance a player under FAIR GAMING RULES, do hereby apply and said player, LordStevie, shall be deemed proper and not meant any discourse due to such language as provided here within.

Steve - LordStevie :)

DeletedUser25166

You know what, here is a good tip for anyone....Now that GvG is a waste of time, DON'T PvP.
Instead, you are ware that you can get more FREE ITEMS, that are actually better then anything you can get from Attacking anyone, if you just did the Weekly GE. I swear some cannot figure this basic premise out and I am glad you all don't or someone might complain and they will take away GE from us.

I am a high level in my primary world and I have enough fights under my belt to beat anything, period. Yes, my ATT is +156% oops, use to be, but took down a few Military Buildings to Build goods for one of the best GB's in the game and help my fellow guild mates with FE goods. So it is lower now, yet after playing over 2 years, I have attacked 2 people in that amount of time and with plenty of fights, all of my fights are truly hard earned in GvG the Continent Map and GE now. Fighting against a +100% boosted army in GE is still easy and I can get thru 2 waves with maybe 1 loss or 2 at the most. In fact, I do the entire First Level with PME troops just because I can. Then switch over to CE troops after that and then FE troops in level three. Oops, I should NOT have said that, or they will make the GE harder now. It is pretty easy, IMHO. Still, I love it and how can people NOT see you can get more FREE STUFF that way then attacking anyone. DUH. SO, tell me....How many FREE DIAMONDS can you get from Attacking.? How many Free Troops can you get.? How about Free Buildings.? We all know the answer to that. Keep on doing PvP and trying to be the big shot who can pass any defense, lol...Any good fighter can. You will get points from GE, just like PvP and GvG, ONLY the rewards are much better.

I swear that old saying is true, the masses are a$$e$. Notice, admins and mods, no foul language and/or any intentional or deliberate insulting and NO RULES were in fact breeched by myself, LordStevie, and as such said player has not breeched any and all rules or code of conduct of said forums. Therefore, providing tips in which to advance a player under FAIR GAMING RULES, do hereby apply and said player, LordStevie, shall be deemed proper and not meant any discourse due to such language as provided here within.

Steve - LordStevie :)
Um, why not do both? I play all levels of GE and plunder 35-40 neighbors, getting about 80 goods daily.

DeletedUser10415

My 1 spear defense must really be getting under her skin...

The one-sided saga continues:

Sent Monday:
Her: i will not loot you, but instead will give fp on your gb's...let me get points during week & weekends I will aid for Bp...I will accept friend invite..but perfer not to...i am not looting neighbors anymore..it was not my way of playing.

Sent Wednesday (today):
9:05AM
Her: iwilljust write you off as some one new to game who doesn't know how to play..luckily i will be out of this hood soon & can get away from you. no aid. no trades no fp you made your bed now lie in it.
9:08AM
Her:
always an idiot around when playing a free game

I'm sorry there have not been as many tales in this thread as I thought there might be. I pretty much slacked off being a scourge in my diamond cities as I don't play FoE as often as I used to. I do have a new tale to add though. This one I will title 'Jekyll to Hyde in 47 minutes'

(She nabs an FP from my mad scientist a few days after telling me she only attacks for points and never plunders)

3:38PM
Me: IF you're going to steal from me, then you're getting 1 spear.

3:55PM
Her: I deserve 1 spear up the butt!...sorry, funding this last Gb has made me do things i don't normally do. when you see Dynamic Tower up you will understand why...i will make ammends to alal my hoodies...with Trade PU's, styxs aid fp aid goods aid & everyday maotivation..i don't need to attack anymore unless irt isn't minded. i needed points not goods

4:02PM
Her: also, i see your posts in forum, & i see you in chat room...i thought it might be fun to have an enemy, but it isn't a fair fight. Just so you know...i have been plundered & looted & attacked ever since I started this game. it is INNO"s fault, not mine..i am just playing the game not trying to make enemies.

4:05PM
Me: Well, success! You've made one. Fortunately for you, I do not intend to advance to PE for quite some time in this world, so my only revenge will be to cut off the tower points I've been giving you.

(I moved on to another city at this point, and when I came back I found the remainder in my inbox)

Her: hang on...i will make so we are allies! i will be your new friend..i don't have time for enemies...
After 10 or so Fp you will calm down, maybe after a trade or two are pu, or i level a styx..many oportunities to atone for my missdeed!

Her: i will start now..giving you fp

4:11PM
Her: Visit CDM

4:21PM
Her: dresden & chateau' + cdm...let's have a look at my gb & see if Glarg is represented.

4:22PM
Her: I think you might reconsider posting 1 spearman or worse 1 rogue...i wouldn't do that if i were you..

4:25PM
Her: So you are saying you don't know how to play FOE and are just winging it...good grief.
always goota complain..without taking a look at the bigger picture..'
so what if i took something from you..big deal
happens to every one so bring it on..no more fp no mre trades no more styx ofr fp yes i can play that game too! jerk!

(I've never traded with her and she's never helped my GBs out of stix. She did put 10 FP on my CDM, but it was sitting at zero for it's next level and she must know I'm leveling the Chateau at present since she's got 2 FP in it and I'm adding FP every day. The only other times she put FP on any of my GBs was hoping to make FP off of them. I made sure she didn't, and she won't on my Chateau either. :) )

DeletedUser27096

My 1 spear defense must really be getting under her skin...

The one-sided saga continues:

Sent Monday:
Her: i will not loot you, but instead will give fp on your gb's...let me get points during week & weekends I will aid for Bp...I will accept friend invite..but perfer not to...i am not looting neighbors anymore..it was not my way of playing.

Sent Wednesday (today):
9:05AM
Her: iwilljust write you off as some one new to game who doesn't know how to play..luckily i will be out of this hood soon & can get away from you. no aid. no trades no fp you made your bed now lie in it.
9:08AM
Her:
always an idiot around when playing a free game
She has got to be bipolar! What a manic loon!