• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event Feedback

DeletedUser20367

Are you forced to refresh when there is nothing on the wheel that you can win? My current wheel is down to 1 slot (a portrait) with 3 hits to go. If I spin, I'll get the portrait. What then?

Not 100% sure but I think the wheel will refresh since there won't be a prize on it that you can win.

Patience is the key. Just because the prize you want shows up on a nearly full wheel doesn't mean that that is the last time you'll see it. The Event has 17 days to go. Today I spotted a wheel with only 3 prizes left, 2 Wishing Wells & a residential that I don't have tech for yet. Three spins and three wins. :D

DeletedUser14197

I guess I like this event and perhaps will get something good yet in all my cities. So far, I got a couple rogue hideouts and some other stuff in one and a wishing well in another. I maybe could have won more wishing wells, but didn't take the time to spin. At any rate, the wheels seem to rarely have the good items on them at all. I have only seen wishing wells a few times counting all 6 of my cities. I have only seen sok maybe once or twice. I have seen rogue hideouts a few more times, but even those less than a handfull of times in all 6 of my cities. As a rule of thumb I check to see what is on the wheel many times a day, and I rarely see anything I care if I get. There is still time and since in the past, I have normally ended up with some good prizes, perhaps I will this year as well. This is just an observation from checking the wheel many times a day. The items people really want don't show up very often. Of course, if they do, and you are lucky enough to see it, you may end up with 4 of them, so that is cool

DeletedUser9184

Are you forced to refresh when there is nothing on the wheel that you can win? My current wheel is down to 1 slot (a portrait) with 3 hits to go. If I spin, I'll get the portrait. What then?
As Andarl said, the wheel will refresh itself once you win the portrait (in the event log running across the bottom of the screen, it will say Greva Darn refreshed the wheel)

DeletedUser11824

All the map quests required are bad but somebody messed this up. Don't people who write quests know how the game is played?
# 10, scout a province
# 15 Acquire a sector without fighting
# 17 Infiltrate 5 sectors
# 18 Gain control over a province
#22 Acquire a sector -- shouldn't this be before I take the province? Now I have to scout another province to get to a new sector.

DeletedUser26594

I am being asked to scout a sector, but I have no sectors available for scouting! I'm dead in the water!

DeletedUser24877

i feel your pain. i just negotiated my way through a tough sector, and now i've got to wait a day and a half to finish scouting. i've already been out of the summer event for 3 days

Algona

I am being asked to scout a sector, but I have no sectors available for scouting! I'm dead in the water!

I think you mean Province? I'm stuck, too, by choice. I 'd rather stay where I am on the Continent for now. I figure I'll miss out on 2 good prizes, que sera sera. I'll collect my Daily ticket and binge on the last day.

DeletedUser9433

Unless you have completed Arctic or tomorrow and not advanced to Arctic yet you have provinces that can be scouted and if you had completed all available provinces then it would auto-complete. You may have to take another province to scout the next one but it will be available.

DeletedUser8420

Well at least the summer event lottery was good to me....WOOHOO, DOING HAPPY DANCE.... it says I won a bazaar, ok waiting for delivery of bazaar...(rubbing hands together gleefully) give me bazaar....

allupinya

Can't speak for anyone else, but I have yet to find any reason to spend diamonds on tickets, the wheel (for me) has been extremely lackluster. I just spent 3 tickets (had to refresh and spin on each), and the best prize available was a Arctic Future palm tree worth 145 happiness. This has been the norm so far. Most of the peeps in my hood won't even hit the refresh and spin anymore, as the prizes are just as bad or worse than the ones they are trying to replace. So now many of them seem to be saving up in case something good shows up, lol. Sure hope this is the exception and not the rule :(

DeletedUser8420

Well at least the summer event lottery was good to me....WOOHOO, DOING HAPPY DANCE.... it says I won a bazaar, ok waiting for delivery of bazaar...(rubbing hands together gleefully) give me bazaar....
ummmm when is the prize suppose to arrive?

DeletedUser14197

The GE is very beneficial in recruiting your age troops for the quest requiring one to in the summer event. Even if you don't normally do GE, if you need troops, you can many times do the first 7 battles without too much trouble and get 2 troops. It worked even better in my main city as I got 3 troops for completing one battle as the third fight in every set of 4 rewards one with troops and I was on level 3. I don't normally care much about getting them, but find them very beneficial for this event and it keeps me from having to delete troops to make more. In a couple of my cities at least, I didn't even get one of my age troops from my traz, which can also be a good source for present age troops. I guess I must have gotten mainly rogues and at least in one of my cities, I may have gotten an older age champion or two since I have a champions retreat.

DeletedUser10415

A person who plays just to farm will find troop buildings of no value.

Ah, but barracks have value. They can be built and immediately sold if they're unwanted, which results in coins and supplies.

Bebops

Doing ok in several worlds. But V world licks rocks, spend 25 tickets rolling a refeash for crap after crap on wheel

DeletedUser26517

All the map quests required are bad but somebody messed this up. Don't people who write quests know how the game is played?
# 10, scout a province
# 15 Acquire a sector without fighting
# 17 Infiltrate 5 sectors
# 18 Gain control over a province
#22 Acquire a sector -- shouldn't this be before I take the province? Now I have to scout another province to get to a new sector.

Only so you don't finish the event in time and miss out on the diamonds. And then in 2 weeks there's another event.. that requires you to scout again first! So you'll be stuck again, coz now you need to take all remaining sectors first after taking that first one for the previous event. And possibly you're now conquering sectors from the next era so it will take you 1,000 years to do it. It's like someone who wrote this script had an evil laugh when (s)he wrote it, felt like being an a-hole to the players.

RE wheel: Just spun & refreshed the wheel 15 times. Didn't see a single reward I wanted. 65% of rewards were coins and supplies. Another 35% portraits and useless army units, or even more useless decorations. About 1% of semi-useful stuff: tiki totems or victory towers that I don't care about though. I was hoping for a renovation kit or something like that, but I've only seen it on the wheel once ever in 25+ refreshes (some by me, some by my hood). The chances of winning something useful are simply too low to be even excited about the tickets anymore. All I want is diamonds from the quests at this point, which is impossible due to the requirements to conquer so much shit in short time (in my case 3 fully conquered provinces + 2 scouts (2 days each) + 1 more sector, all from the next era, in mere 3 weeks, is WAY TOO FREAKIN MUCH).

cbalto1927

Has anyone realized for the last quest to get 100 diamonds can be increased by Chateau Frontenac Great Building. I suggest anyone who has that building, hold on to that last quest and level the great building as much you can before the 24th of Aug to get the maximum amount for Diamonds.

DeletedUser25166

Has anyone realized for the last quest to get 100 diamonds can be increased by Chateau Frontenac Great Building. I suggest anyone who has that building, hold on to that last quest and level the great building as much you can before the 24th of Aug to get the maximum amount for Diamonds.
Last question is 6 24 hr production

DeletedUser26323

my luck hasn't been that good either, i've noticed however that when i hit it just right i see the whole wheel change so that i don't get the item, it has happened about 40% of the time, then there are the miss's and the hits, which change a lot of things.... so , i do get angry when that happens intentionally, so i'm NOT really a fan when the spins can be rigged, and not really by chance.... I do still enjoy playing but that is one thing that is very annoying.... that is enough for now.... be blessed in whatever you do !!

Sincerely

DeletedUser8420

I am almost afraid to jinx myself but here of late the wheel has been pretty good to me. Got 2 fishing huts, caravansary, mobile homes, wishing well, and luau (0f course the coins and supplies and wont mention the color guard) Then with the lottery I got the bazaar... So now have a combo jungle/desert theme going on with my city. LOL so this year, although it started out slow with lots of portraits, not doing to bad at the moment. Now if I can win tonight's lottery....I will be do ecstatic happy dance. lol