• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

neighbourhood rotation.

DeletedUser20427

for almost a year now I have had the same top 5 players in my neighbourhood. and for the last 6 months I have had 80% the same neighbours. All of which are more militarily more advanced. I am plundered daily. I have changed my collection times, I have sat and watch the clock tick down so I collect my goods as soon as they become available, only to see my goods get plundered as I am collecting them. Obviously they have no lives and sit and watch player's cities.
I have no problem with this means of tactics, it is part of the game. What is an issue for me, is that I and many players in my neighbourhood, are lower in the ranking, and have been there for numerous new neighbourhoods, and that the top 15 do not rotate out.
I have been playing for 2 years, while these top players in my neighbourhood ( which I will refer to as the hord from now on) ,have been playing much longer. I have found out that, earlier in the development of FOE, it was easy to get watch fires, victory towers, and other valuable defensive playing pieces. many players in my neighbourhood including the hord have 20, 30, and some more watch fires.
I have tried attacking most of my neighbourhood, using multiple army combinations to no avail.
The hord win medals weekly and seem to have more land than the rest of us, do to ,I think medal expansions.
I know it wouldn't be fair to others for me to be the mot powerful in my neighbourhood, but I feel the programmers should make sure we all are the most powerful in the neighbourhood some of the time

PaHe

How can they justify placing players who are at Progressive level or lower in a hood with 70 FEs, not see it, and act like developers and not robots by manually moving them out. It is not about plundering as that is part of game but when a player is 4 levels below 70 there is no way to defend and you cannot collect regularly enough to stopp all 70 plunders.

DeletedUser20427

Why is it that nothing changes. You as a mediator have no influence. You seem not to be able to communicate with the programmers. and if you do communicate with them, they seem to ignore you. what good are these forums?

DeletedUser26154

what good are these forums?
I can appreciate what you are saying, however if Inno reacted to every single post in the forums, FoE would be a twisted salty pretzel in no time. They have to keep a steady course and they are only human. Like me, they make mistakes, but to be fair, I'm sure they don't make mistakes quite like I do. I seem to have a talent for it.

DeletedUser8152

what good are these forums?

Well...

For one, the forum does provide a means to communicate with the developers. We have the feedback threads and the proposal process, and we have submitted proposals on the neighborhood formation. But it is Inno's game, not ours, they make the final call. Being able to communicate with the devs is not the same thing as having control of the game.

For two, the forum is a great place to get questions answered about the game. Even if you don't like the answers, at least you can find out how things work.

For three, a lot of people simply enjoy having a community of players to discuss the game with. Even to discuss the things they don't like; for many players that seems to be a big draw ;)

DeletedUser

The hood system needs to be fixed badly. My new neighbors are new players and I'm in a hood with a LMA majority. Is it really that hard to program a system that sorts players on age?

DeletedUser3679

The hood system needs to be fixed badly. My new neighbors are new players and I'm in a hood with a LMA majority. Is it really that hard to program a system that sorts players on age?

Obviously not. The hood merge system exists as it is because that's the way the devs want it to be. Here's a thought, the existing system helps to sell diamonds (as has been mentioned many times before).

wolfhoundtoo

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that what's decided in the forum (even by vote) somehow means that Inno must do something. I have no doubt that they have these proposals looked at but ultimately they decide what is best for the game (yes that is going to be impacted by how they think it will impact diamond selling but they ARE a for profit company). Also remember that they have many forums across multiple countries so they get many different view points. It is a common fallacy amongst gamers that their opinion should is the best (actually that may be most people :p). Your thoughts and opinions can be heard and simply not agreed with and given the sheer number of players they opt not to open a large debate on every game decision.

DeletedUser

Obviously not. The hood merge system exists as it is because that's the way the devs want it to be. Here's a thought, the existing system helps to sell diamonds (as has been mentioned many times before).
Unless they put in a couple thousand dollars, they won't be able to buy standing a chance against them. If anything, it turns off players that would've bought diamonds in the future.

DeletedUser

At the very least, they can charge diamonds to get out of a bad hood.

DeletedUser11463

Not that this is the best solution, but stop playing in that world for a week or 2 and see if anything changes. Not always, but sometimes it works in your favor to do that. Other options is to try to friend some of the horde. Or AID then a few times. I don't agree with paying tribute as that just makes them want to do it more often to more people. I've been at the top and the bottom in a number of hoods and mostly end up near the top. I've been plundered and also do plunder. I first aid using the event history and then attack those who are left.