• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] How does aid decide what to polish/motivate?

Algona

A trivial followup:

I recently built 3 SoKs. I know the order there were built by how they were positioned. Those three get motivated first, in the order most recent to oldest. By watching which of the other SoKs (all are the same Era) get motivated in what order, i was able to arrange all of them in a line. The motivation order has been the same four days running; newest to oldest.

However this order of SVRs stays random within the Era.

As i said. Trivial.

DeletedUser26765

I was wondering when you go to polish or motivate a friend or neighbor's stuff do you use diamonds to do it or do you use coins? I am new to the game and i do not know.

DeletedUser9433

I was wondering when you go to polish or motivate a friend or neighbor's stuff do you use diamonds to do it or do you use coins? I am new to the game and i do not know.
Neither, you get 20 coins for each person you polish or motivate.

DeletedUser26154

As i said. Trivial.
No, this is not trivial.

You must continue your documentation for the next decade and record your findings in triplicate. Also, engrave your findings on a giant block of Titanium laminated with Kevlar. In 48 of the most popular languages, Braille, and Binary Code, so those who are blind or computerized 1,000,000 years from now can still read and understand. This information will be most valuable in the far future. Thank you in advance.

Algona

No, this is not trivial.

You must continue your documentation for the next decade and I, ardak, will record your findings in triplicate. by getting this tattooed on my tuckus. In 48 of the most popular languages, Braille, and Binary Code, so those who are blind or computerized 1,000,000 years from now can still read and understand. This information will be most valuable in the far future. Thank you in advance.

fFixed that for you. Nice of you to volunteer. Your hiney will save the future. Just think of all those blind folk groping your mummified behind. You will be immortalized!

Ylisaveta

First, it goes for any shrines or buildings that produce goods when motivated, then it chooses to either polish or motivate, then it goes from the highest age to the lowest.

A guildmate asked me a question: if someone enters a new age and wins a production building they haven't researched the tech for, and puts it up, does the fact that the player doesn't have the tech factor in to the algorithm? My guildmate says that in the couple of weeks between putting the buildings up and finishing the tech associated with them, they were never motivated. Now that the tech is unlocked, they are being motivated. I thought it unlikely having the tech factored in, but said I would ask those wiser than I in the ways of Inno :)

DeletedUser23444

All I need to do is look in my event history and know that the Raven made up this very complex theory.

The genesis of why players complained about how the Easter Event used to work, where we had to have decorations to hide eggs in each other's city, was rooted in the fact that if you built cheap, Bronze age Decos in say an HMA city (which is where I was at that time), then the AID button would hit the Bronze Age decos before any HMA houses and supply buildings. And 5 different guilds I was in at the time all posted articles on their forum about polishing large cultural buildings for guild mates by hand because the newly constructed, and LOWER AGE decos got aided first. This was a thing, it happened to everyone, we tested it, tracked it, confirmed it, and we all hated it.

And as I stated above, which you apparently ignored, my tests took place during Easter event of 2015. And I clearly noted that the game has been updated a LOT since then so things might have changed. So I didn't" "make up any theory" we had a lot of players working on this across 5 different game worlds. But game updates happen often. And we all know that any time one game documented change is implemented, something else is invariable changed (could be bugged, or could be fixed), that is not documented.

DeletedUser23444

A guildmate asked me a question: if someone enters a new age and wins a production building they haven't researched the tech for, and puts it up, does the fact that the player doesn't have the tech factor in to the algorithm? My guildmate says that in the couple of weeks between putting the buildings up and finishing the tech associated with them, they were never motivated. Now that the tech is unlocked, they are being motivated. I thought it unlikely having the tech factored in, but said I would ask those wiser than I in the ways of Inno :)

I have never noticed this. Unfortunately my CE city is mostly buildings that cannot be aided at all so nearly impossible for me to test. I'll ask some players in the Heavy Questing Ages, who require 100+ daily AID clicks to look out for it.

DeletedUser23444

A trivial followup:

I recently built 3 SoKs. I know the order there were built by how they were positioned. Those three get motivated first, in the order most recent to oldest. By watching which of the other SoKs (all are the same Era) get motivated in what order, i was able to arrange all of them in a line. The motivation order has been the same four days running; newest to oldest.

However this order of SVRs stays random within the Era.

As I said. Trivial.

When we tested things, back in Easter 2015, this was exactly how the SVRs used to get AIDed—most recently constructed first, the building's age did not matter. But like I said that was before a lot of updates have been implemented.

And I would agree that this behavior among VARs (SoKs and the like) is trivial, since they all get pulled to the front of the line anyway. However, this behavior, as applied to SVRs, is much more significant in a lower-age heavy questing city (Colonial, HMA, or Bronze) that has a lot of expanded land with a lot of houses and supply buildings on it. That is how we ever noticed how the AID priority happened. During the 2015 Easter Event, players needed to build a large field of decos to have enough places for guild mates to hide eggs. Yet these cities also required motivation on coins and supply production buildings. Many players built lower-age decos, in the hopes that AID button clicks from friends and hoodies would skip polishing the lower age decos and hit their higher-age coins and supplies production buildings instead. And that would leave the lower-age decos available for guild mates to hide eggs in. Well, it didn't happen that way at all; the lower-age decos ended up consuming 2 AID clicks each per 24 hours, while higher aged coins and supply buildings went un-aided. This was the very reason why Inno Games was bombarded by an overwhelming number of complaints about how the Easter Event used to work and why they eventually changed it.

If it didn't work the way my 2015 Article documents, there would have been no need at all for Inno Games to have changed the Easter Event—all a player would have had to do was build a dozen or so Stone Age trees for egg hiding and the rest of their city would have gotten aided.

DeletedUser1753

And that's logical. You cannot expect motivation take precedence over polishing because of age.
First decision is po or mo?
when po -> decos -> cultural from highest age to lowest
when mo -> coin/supply from highest age to lowest.

it will not, has never been said in any comment, prioritize based on age first and then decide po or mo.50% of the aid goes to po (when enough decos available). period.

DeletedUser26918

For what it's worth. For the decoration quest I did the 4 decorations from the previous age. Hid some small decorations behind some larger buildings, so they're not at all visible. Those decorations are the first buildings being aided. All of my buildings are of my current age except those decorations and I don't have any of the special buildings that would be prioritized. It looks to me like the auto-aid is just aiding the most recent building that was built regardless of age.

DeletedUser25273

I remember some discussion talking about aid priority, while generally talked about as by age(tech) order, seeming to actually be age(time) order, with newest buildings first. Since to my knowledge, the operation of aid has been derived from peoples observation, and not from any official Inno announcement, this sort of error is quite possible. After all, under normal conditions (when testing was likely done) people tend to build their building in tech age order, later age buildings will be newer that lower tech age buildings.

I personally deleted the decorations right after building them and completing the quest to avoid the problem.

DeletedUser26916

Has there been some kind of change to priority of HoF? Because, as Algona posted, HoFs got hit fairly early on. I've been finding daily for the last week+ my HoFs are getting hit last/close to last. Housing seems to be getting hit first now. All 6 are from Progressive Age (currently in Modern).

DeletedUser25273

My experience has been that the HoFs haven't been given a priority, as we always need to remind people that they need to at times go through and specifically target things like HoFs.