• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Back to School Contest!

DeletedUser8152

A_SS_BronzeAge_School.png

Ah, school... such a Bronze Age technology. But as autumn approaches, students everywhere must face the fact that school is starting again. Perhaps the same is true for the characters in the Forge of Empires game?

To celebrate a new year of learning, we are holding a forum contest. Your assignment is to write a short essay (less than 500 words) on the classic topic, "What I did this summer." The twist is that the essay should be from the point of view of a character in the game. It could be one of the advisers like Rinbin or Greva Darn, it could be yourself in your role as leader, or it could be an ordinary citizen or soldier in your city.

The essays will be judged by the moderation staff in three categories:
- Humor and wit
- Connections to the game
- Clarity of writing and length of submission

Prizes will be awarded to the three best overall submissions:
- First prize: Shrine of Knowledge and 9 specific blueprints of your choice
- Second prize: Shrine of Knowledge and 6 specific blueprints of your choice
- Third prize: Shrine of Knowledge and 3 specific blueprints of your choice
- Honorable mention (up to 10 awards): 1 specific blueprint of your choice

A specific blueprint means you pick the building and the BP position, just like if you bought it with diamonds. The blueprints can go to whatever world(s) you like, but they must be for a Great Building of your age or lower.

To submit your entry, simply post it on the contest entry thread here. Submissions are open now, and are due on Tuesday September 6, at 3:00 PM Eastern time. Winners will be contacted to specify prize details. Questions or comments about the contest can be posted in this announcement thread.

foe_logo-15c89eeb.jpg

WINNERS:
First place:
Parasite the Symbiote!

Second place: three way tie!
Algona
Beamethyst
Glarg

Honorable mention:
spittings
ardak kumerin
Grimlock2123

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Not a submission! Any BPs? Even for GBs beyond our Era?

And thanks for running this!

DeletedUser8152

Not a submission! Any BPs? Even for GBs beyond our Era?

And thanks for running this!
OK answer is the prints need to be for your age or lower. Thanks much for bringing that up.

DeletedUser26154

I'd have a hard time keeping it under 5,000 words. 500 is a very very very short essay!

DeletedUser25625

OK answer is the prints need to be for your age or lower. Thanks much for bringing that up.

That's a pretty serious limitation.

I'd like to request +1 Age.

By the end of the contest - on O World, I'll be in Colonial Age and really want Industrial Age's Capitol BPs.

Similarly - on V World, I'll be in LMA and really want Colonial Age's Deal Castle BPs.

I can make do with ToR and/or Obs prints on both worlds.

Note: I realize that with 9 days to go, several entries could be better than mine and make my request moot.

Note 2: On Odhrorvar - I have all BPs except for FoD and Capitol through Industrial Age. On Vingrid - I have all BPs except for St. Basil's Cathedral, Deal Castle, and FoD through Colonial Age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25625

Nix that last request. I'll be happy with any prize I receive. I'm so close with Capitol BPs - I can smell victory.

And on Vingrid - I need like 6+ of each, so that's no good.

DeletedUser8152

I think for this contest we're going to stick with your age or lower. Maybe in future contests we can change that, I can certainly ask!

DeletedUser8152

OK, sorry for the delay but contest results are in!

First place: Parasite the Symbiote!

Second place: The judges were deadlocked, so we award a three way tie! Each of these players receives the second prize award:
Algona
Beamethyst
Glarg

Due to the tie no third place is awarded, but every participant wins an honorable mention!
spittings
ardak kumerin
Grimlock2123

Thanks to all for your submissions and I hope you enjoyed the contest! Winners have been contacted via forum mail for instructions regarding their prizes.

DeletedUser26154

Due to the tie no third place is awarded, but every participant wins an honorable mention!
spittings
ardak kumerin
Grimlock2123
Gratz to the winners, I feel that Jaelis did a wonderful job. All the writers turned in nice works...
Except for me. My writing was the most dry, uninspired garbage to leave my pen in ten years.
I just couldn't think of anything.
Thank you for adding me to the list of honorable mentions.

DeletedUser26154

And I'll accept the blessing of Alcatraz, Northeast blueprint on Rugnir server, if you please. Thank you all again.

DeletedUser25625

Prizes received. Thank you Panacea, jaelis, and INNO!

aka "ditto"