• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Saw we can not propose to change times for production of coins, supplies, etc.

DeletedUser26765

I saw that we can not propose changing the times for production of coins, supplies, and etc., and I was wondering why that was. I know that a lot of people work 8 hours so if they could make 12 hour items it would make it easier for them to get back to them when they got off work. I know there must be a reason, but I would like to know what it is.

DeletedUser10415

Because the game makers say so. It is their game to do with as they please.

DeletedUser26765

But they said to make proposals here for discussion. So why not discuss this? They said if enough there were enough likes on a subject than they might consider the change. That was what they put in the email they sent me when I sent the suggestion to them.

DeletedUser

Plundering is a part of the game. Proposing to change the times to more convenient ones to suit would make it easier to avoid being plundered. Thus is would make the game easier.

DeletedUser26765

But it would also help us to make more items since we would be able to do that. That will not stop those who wish to plunder. I think they set the game up this way so they can make the most profit off of us. They are not really interested in helping us, only themselves into more money. Because if they were really interested in us they they would provide ways for us to get diamonds in the game on a regular basis since it is needed so much. They want us to spend our money so they make a bigger profit. You can not stop someone that want to plunder you. Even after I removed a person a couple of days ago, now they are back on my neighbors' list so he can do it again. They want us to be plundered so we spend more real money on the game.

DeletedUser8152

But they said to make proposals here for discussion. So why not discuss this? They said if enough there were enough likes on a subject than they might consider the change. That was what they put in the email they sent me when I sent the suggestion to them.
The in-game mods will generally refer people with suggestions to the forum, because this is the best place for passing suggestions on to the game developers. But the mods don't necessarily know the details about how the suggestion process works, like what is on the do-not-suggest list. So I understand your confusion, but the optimum sequence would be: - you talk to in game support; they send you to the forum; you read (or are direct to) the do-not-suggest list; now you have your answer.

As for why the production times are set up the way they are, I don't know. And I don't know if it is on the do-not-suggest list because the devs specifically want the times where they are, or because they think that no matter what the times are a lot of people will want something different.

DeletedUser26765

The in-game mods will generally refer people with suggestions to the forum, because this is the best place for passing suggestions on to the game developers. But the mods don't necessarily know the details about how the suggestion process works, like what is on the do-not-suggest list. So I understand your confusion, but the optimum sequence would be: - you talk to in game support; they send you to the forum; you read (or are direct to) the do-not-suggest list; now you have your answer.

As for why the production times are set up the way they are, I don't know. And I don't know if it is on the do-not-suggest list because the devs specifically want the times where they are, or because they think that no matter what the times are a lot of people will want something different.
But they also said if they got enough likes on an idea then they might consider it for further updates. So that was what I was trying to do. I thought if I could get enough likes for changing the times than maybe they might think about it.

DeletedUser8152

But they also said if they got enough likes on an idea then they might consider it for further updates. So that was what I was trying to do.
In this particular case, they were wrong. The devs have said they will not consider suggestions for changes to the production times. (But please don't judge whoever told you that harshly; it is correct in most cases, just not for this particular idea.)

wolfhoundtoo

Please note that Inno is a running a business so yes they will set up the game in a way that will make it more desirable to utilize diamonds. That's what pays for the actual costs of maintaining and running the game (like the programmers salaries). You should also note that there are some ways to get diamonds from within the game from the continental map, certain event/GE buildings like wishing wells, GE, and from completing quests in certain of the events (there was a diamond prize if you got far enough in the quest line for the summer event).

In addition you do NOT need to spend diamonds on the game to play. Diamonds can/do make it easier in some respects but the game is setup to allow you to progress and enjoy the game without diamonds.

DeletedUser25273

One big question, do you mean to ADD some additional options or CHANGE one of the options to something else. Either of these will have significant impact on some of the special production buildings (that don't just make supplies).

DeletedUser26765

Add additional options to those that do make items. Just add an 12 hour option to it. So those that want to make items after 12 hours can and not wait 24 hours to be able to make things again. I was only wanting to add to what is already there. I just think that would help those that want to be able to do things for a short time than come back to the game. And they would not have to do it for every one. Even if they did it for only some of them. There is life outside of the game and it would help those that need to be able to work to get back to the game. The game does not let you fight your our battles when you are attacked. So it does not matter if you are on the computer or not the game does your side for you even if you are playing the game. This has nothing to do with plundering to me. It has to do with being able to make the item you want to make and when you can make them.

DeletedUser25273

My comment is that the selection screen (currently 2 rows of 3) would look a bit strange with 7 items, so it would likely need to be expanded to 8. Then all the 'special' production buildings (those that don't just make supplies, like the soccer field) would need to be revised and rebalanced to include these options (the supplies only buildings should be fairly straight forward, as all use the same ratios for time). You then have the quests to build 1 of each type of production, this suddenly now takes longer (or more buildings) to complete.

It does really go back to plundering, as if you have a 12 hour window, currently you can make the 8 hour production, and let it sit a bit. The longer duration productions aren't really that efficient so you won't get that much more production out of a 12 hour compared to an 8 hour. Due to that sort of progression, the biggest reason to want 12 hours is that your 8 hours are getting plundered because you aren't collecting them until 10 hours after starting.

DeletedUser

Add 2 hour, 12 hour, and 2 day options (or just 12 hour and 2 day options, then you have 2 rows of 4). There are some buildings already that produce in 2-day increments already (goods buildings, for example).

DeletedUser25273

Yes, you can add several time slots to get the pattern clean again, but this just adds to the problem for the special buildings like the Bazaar (the Bazaar produces something different for each time period: supplies, coin, crowns, medals, good, forge points. What do you add to the list?)

Also, if you look at the progression, 24 hours produces just over 2x of 8 hours for 3 times the period (and this sort of loss in production is built into the table for all time periods). Keeping with that sort of pattern 12 hours should produce not a whole lot more than 8 hours, maybe 20-25%, hardly worth it. It would be the one gap in the progression less than 2x, and the current only has that once (for about a 50% gain).

DeletedUser13838

Yes, you can add several time slots to get the pattern clean again, but this just adds to the problem for the special buildings like the Bazaar (the Bazaar produces something different for each time period: supplies, coin, crowns, medals, good, forge points. What do you add to the list?)
There's no requirement that buildings like this produce a different type of resource in each time period. In fact the luau doesn't and neither will the aviary.

DeletedUser25273

Maybe not (who now what internal design rules Inno uses), but it is a part of the character of some of the buildings, and it would be a lot of work to figure out what would be a suitable production for the non-standard buildings (and all would need to be figured out). It would be a significant amount of work to make sure the change doesn't make a major change in the balance of the buildings.

DeletedUser26765

I thought it would be simple. Because two 12 hours equals the 24. I can see your point. It would take a lot to figure out how to do and how to make it work with so many different buildings. That is why I wanted to ask here. So I could understand why they did not want to do it.

DeletedUser25273

2x4 hours production is more than an 8 (and that is the only other 2x ratio). 2x12 hours would need to be more than a 24 (not hard since 2x8 hours is almost there), but less than 3x8 Hours. The game rewards well frequent access to it. (The one exception are goods buildings, where 2x4 hours is exactly the same as an 8 hour, but that may be due to the coarseness of the numbers {1 and 2}). The game also somewhat rewards those who can bend to match the games schedule.

My guess is that while there are lots of changes like this that people might find useful to them, if they really looked at some of the difficulties, they would understand the developers reluctance to do this sort of change.

DeletedUser27284

I saw that we can not propose changing the times for production of coins, supplies, and etc., and I was wondering why that was. I know that a lot of people work 8 hours so if they could make 12 hour items it would make it easier for them to get back to them when they got off work. I know there must be a reason, but I would like to know what it is.

i have just been thinking the same thing. a 12 hour period seems logical. i cannot think of a reason why the developers want to leave it out.

Jase249

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last sentence. Let's say they do add a 12-hour option. Someone who works a 12 hour shift might then want a 14-hour option. And so on and so forth.

I think the current setup offers enough versatility to work with. I always set mine on 8 hour cycles in the morning and collect when I get home. So yes there is a small window when production is finished and A) they're idle and B) can be plundered. That's why I try to keep my defensive army as strong as possible.

If someone's that worried about leaving their city alone for even a small amount of time, set it to one or two day cycles so you know you'll be there to collect.