• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Fall Event Feedback

DeletedUser20952

Bottom line: the apple trees need to be easier to spot. In a previous event, when the eggs hover above the trees...THAT IS TOO EASY to spot. But the current apple tree icon is too difficult to distinguish for many, incl those with poor eyesight and red/green colorblindness. Can you do a happy medium? Like make the apples on the tree bigger (making the tree appear red).

Algona

Well done, INNO. The changes to the chests are very good. Well, actually, they are frikkin' awesome.

Still futzing with numbers and reviewing past Events , but this Event may be the best ever for quantity of top notch prizes versus lenght. I'm certainly wishing this Event went longer!

EDIT: Prince, the trees spawn in only certain spots. Identify the spawns and it goes a LOT faster.

DeletedUser27012

Thoughts, Great event if everyone in your hood and guild participate. I'm not experiencing much of that at all, if I had the money to I would buy diamonds and not need the event anyway! I think the payoff for doing the quests to get apples is miserable especially if you can't get participation from other players. No more Blueprints or portraits PLEASE I get enough blueprints with out special events and Portraits don't do anything to advance the game for me.

DeletedUser26533

In the most recent announcement, where it says "The changes go live on Monday, together with the 1.85 update.", the link to the update is messed up It opens to IP address 1.0.0.85).

DeletedUser14885

IMO.....When it comes to games like this there is nothing worse than changing the rules or moving the goal posts in the middle of an event. Its one thing if your actually fixing a bug/issue but changing the prizes and increasing the percentages/odds????? Without a doubt this is a huge advantage to those that have been stockpiling their apples. With the addition of the extra apples as prizes it could easily mean hundreds of extra apples for some while increasing the odds significantly of those same players getting exactly the prize they want.

Sour apples? Probably. But Ive pulled countless supplies, coins and single rogues from those 100 apple baskets. You guys did a similar thing with the guild expedition a couple weeks back when you introduced an update in the middle of the week.

While I commend the fact that you listened to some of your players and undoubtedly were just trying to improve things.....in the end some stand to gain much more than others which is simply unfair. Never never change the rules or move the goal posts in the middle of the game.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

DeletedUser23161

Something doesn't seem right to me.

From the event announcement thread:
"When you aid your friends, guildmates and neighbors, there's a chance to plant an apple tree in the wilderness around their city. They can then collect apples from the trees you planted and spend them on the rewards! Every time you successfully plant a tree, you will also receive an apple for yourself."

And, from other posts in this thread, I'm lead to believe that the planting of trees is a random thing. But, it should average out about the same for all players. Correct?

Since the start of this event, my guildmate has been M/P'd 29 times by other players in his neighborhood, with 10 trees planted around his city.
in the same period, I have been M/P'd 21 times and have only had 2 trees planted around my city.
That's pretty extreme for simply random variation.
Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT:
Make that 24 and 2 for me, now.

EDIT Again:
it's now 32 and 2 for me,
33 and 11 for him.
He's holding his 1:3 ratio while my 1:12 has dropped to 1:16.
I'm beginning to feel like I'm locked out of the event.

DeletedUser23161

That might be a valid point. Small neighborhoods, slim friend lists, yeah. He's valid.
There's never been a greater opportunity for newbies to make friends. All they have to do is watch the global com and they'll make a hundred an hour.

DeletedUser10789

Hello All,
First I must state that it is universally agreed that the way the Box's were, before this update, were horrible. I do believe I stated it in several threads that a few tweaks to this event could truly make it a great one. Now all that is left is for them to adjust the Store Building and allow us to truly use them for all of our Event Buildings and Premium Buildings/Decorations.

So, I say thank you for the change and I do appreciate you listening to us. YET, here is the problem, we are Seven Days (7) into the event and now the change and with just a little over Nine days and a few hours left, you will have people scrambling to jump on this change. YES, it does look like we complain about this and that and are never happy, NO. In fact, I will state just this. There is a Server dedicated to TESTING the game and the effects of any and all improvements to the game. I might add, that there is a BETA Forums as well, were people discuss the issues there, WELL BEFORE any event comes out here first. For the life I me, I just do NOT understand that the people in charge are NOT using the Beta Server and the Beta Forums to make these tweaks and changes first, before we here on the live server get any event and then give us an Improved Event. PLEASE FIRE those in charge who cannot understand what BETA MEANS and/or cannot read the Feedback in the Beta Forums. INNO, you have every single tool at your disposal and yet you fully fail to see how and why there is a BETA Server and Forums.

Still, these changes are GREAT and FULLY Warranted, thank you so much for listening. Just please get some qualified people in management whom are ahead of the curve instead of playing catch up and reacting to all these changes you clearly see and need are needed. I praise the powers that be. that these changes are made. My question is WHY CAN'T YOU LISTEN to your players in BETA and the BETA FORUMS FIRST and then bring out a well organized tweaked and GREAT EVENT. You clearly now want to show us you listen and will make changes, STILL the big question is, WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COME TO THIS. Is it Managements Fault or the Fault of the Developers.?

Now fix the Store Building item and let us fully use it as intended and the purpose it was designed for.

That said, thank you for the changes, just next time for any and all events going forward you need to USE your own Testing Vessel to make these changes and then giving us a GREAT EVENT from the START. Kudos for the changes and thank you so much. Just know, you should NOT have to make these changes if you have competent people who can use the feedback and all the tools that a Game's very own testing vessel provides.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser26759

IMO.....When it comes to games like this there is nothing worse than changing the rules or moving the goal posts in the middle of an event. *snip*

I tend to agree with this ^. That said...

As long as you're changing things, why remove Coins and leave Supplies? I think the point of those clamoring for change was "We don't want to win basic game resources during Events!". Remove Supplies from both baskets (maybe add an Apple-pack that doesn't recoup all the apples spent) and you might be on to something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

"We don't want to win basic game resources during Events!"
I have to agree on this simple, unintentional oversight by the very busy INNO Developer staff.

I think coins, supplies and individual units should not be in there.
I know it's added to pad up the prize list, I probably would have done the same at first.

It would be wise for INNO to heed this advise and remove the prizes that have no business being on a special event winnings list.

According to another thread, INNO has heard us and are making changes.
Phooey to those who say the Dev's don't listen to us.

DeletedUser27015

Along with the changes that were put in today, what changes affected the % of trees being planted compared to the aid being provided. Yesterday I was at 27% trees being planted to aid, today 11%. Friday & Saturday were similar to Sunday. Friday receiving 346 apples, Saturday 306, Sunday 385. This does not count the apples received when providing aid which also is noticeably off for today. I was around 30 % now down to around 12%.
As a side note, what happened to the 50s, 2 on Monday, 0 since.

DeletedUser27015

Along with the changes that were put in today, what changes affected the % of trees being planted compared to the aid being provided. Yesterday I was at 27% trees being planted to aid, today 11%. Friday & Saturday were similar to Sunday. Friday receiving 346 apples, Saturday 306, Sunday 385. This does not count the apples received when providing aid which also is noticeably off for today. I was around 30 % now down to around 12%.
As a side note, what happened to the 50s, 2 on Monday, 0 since.
Something is going on. I didn't even earn enough to open the large basket today. My avg per tree fell from 12.5 to 7.4 apples.

DeletedUser27015

Bottom line: the apple trees need to be easier to spot. In a previous event, when the eggs hover above the trees...THAT IS TOO EASY to spot. But the current apple tree icon is too difficult to distinguish for many, incl those with poor eyesight and red/green colorblindness. Can you do a happy medium? Like make the apples on the tree bigger (making the tree appear red).
I agree - spending way to much time looking for apple trees and having to refresh the view in order to get them to show up. A little bit of a challenge is OK, but the way it is right now, it takes way to long and I'm not red-green color challenged.

DeletedUser26154

I appreciate INNO listening to our suggestions.
I do not appreciate INNO lowering the % of getting apples per M/P.
Every person I'm talking to, which are hundreds, all say the same thing.
"They added better prizes but drastically decreased the number of free apples found."

This event needed a lot more play-testing before live release.

We must have faith. INNO does listen to us and I feel they will favorably react.

DeletedUser10944

I lost all my 500 diamonds on beta test server is there a way transfer them to my account under MichaelII from MichaelV

DeletedUser27019

Why buff some items in the basket and nerf others? The 75 apples basket was never worth it compared to the 100 apples one and now the gap got even bigger. A random BP is almost worse than a coins/supplies package. Since the BP received can never be higher than the player's age, it's virtually useless. You get BPs from M/P, random quest rewards and GE so often you generally have two sets of BPs for every GB your age or below. OBS prints can't be obtained through the methods mentioned and thus it was a good prize, now it's rubbish.

DeletedUser26759

I do not appreciate INNO lowering the % of getting apples per M/P.

I can't speak to that. I just did my Aid run and planted a boat-load of trees. However, there does seem to be some sentiment (in Global Chats) that the chance to harvest 7 apples from a tree has been increased, a lot. I've harvested a dozen or so trees this morning on my primary world, all 7s (anecdotally, this does seem odd given my experience since the event started; but we all know RNG can be a cruel mistress). Roughly eight trees harvested on a world I just started on and there was a 10 and a 20 sprinkled in.

We must have faith. INNO does listen to us and I feel they will favorably react.

I don't know. They're running a business so they should be generating as much revenue as possible; that's obvious and obviously acceptable. However, in light of another profit-driven and questionable tactic I've seen, this 'change to placate the masses because we hear you and agree with you' is starting to smell more like 'an opportunity to stealthily correct an algorithm that was producing too many apples and is therefore providing too many free goodies'.*

* I'm not a conspiracy-theorist by nature and InnoGames is clearly free to do whatever they want, it's their company and product. I'm just throwing my $0.02 in here in the hopes that they start to realize appearances are huge in a game like this. Plan, test, adjust, and once launched 'live with it'. If after all your planning and testing you find you still messed up, do better next time (given the event schedule, there's another one right around the corner). Pulling the football at the last second is annoying at best; ask Charlie Brown.

Anyway, love the game.

*wanders off*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24719

My complaint is not about the Fall event although I do think Anfitc has hit on the answer. My problem is with the persistent lag and internal error problems being encountered especially in Guild expedition. Will you brainiacs at INNO EVER get this right? And by the way since you claim u are listening. Enough of the Blueprint rewards! These things are getting as common as spots on a leopards butt! What a way to ruin the value of GBs just as you have killed GvG. Thanks for nothin INNO!!