• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event 2016

DeletedUser26517

Finished the event a couple days ago. For once, I was finally prepared after missing out on the last 5 or so events: finally had something I could scout, wasn't too far in the map, accumulated lots of forge point packs, kept an unfinished tech in the tree on purpose, paused guild expedition on the troop quest to get troops quickly etc. Took only 5+ months to recover and prepare and be able to complete an event after I made the "mistake" of progressing in the map too quickly earlier on - seriously, it should never be a player's "error" that the game is unfair/unbalanced and even though it offers a multitude of ways to play, the events force one and only "right" way to play it upon you, or you don't get to complete them.

So quests were enjoyable, I liked the riddles. Silly but less mundane than regular quests.

Now rewards.. The graveyard is an OK reward I'm happy with, but was it worth all the resources spent on 23 quests? Meh. The random rewards were ABSOLUTELY USELESS. Didn't get diamonds at all in 23 quests. Not even once! Not even forge points. All I got was supplies, coins and goods, and we're talking like 5 goods for a quest that required me to spend hundreds of goods to acquire some sectors or a province. REALLY? So yea, overall rewards for quests were really lame. Also, it's not motivating to win 10,000 coins for a 2-day long task when I already have 2+ million coins, and everything in my age costs 100,000+ coins to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

100% impossible.
I'm in AA and I'm on the tech tree quest.

Except to research a tech, I need 260 promethium which I can't get by using gems to rush like I can with the "scout a province for 2 damned days". My boat returns in a day and will net me 58 promethium, so I need at least 5 days to cough up the goods for this tech tree.

Please STOP hurting those in advanced ages!
I'm glad we finally got "Research a tech or invest 25 FP in GB" but there's still work to do to make this stuff even remotely completable.

That's interesting. I'm in AF as well and not done with tech, but that quest auto-completed for me. Same with the stuff related to the province map. It appears that if you're working on the research/provinces that were released with the 3rd part of AF, you're considered to be 'done' with research and the maps.

DeletedUser27256

I still do not understand # 21 - I have deleted a cultural building, nothing. I build a cultural building for the iron age, deleted it and still nothing. Can someone specifically help me? Since the event activity does not have any "line" to show if I have done something, in the dark.

DeletedUser25040

For #21 you have to eliminate a building of your current age. I eliminated a production because I needed to upgrade and that was fine.

DeletedUser25040

I could have missed it but why weren't we told up front that we would not be able to complete the event if we did not have a graveyard to sell for an old graveyard? You dead end at quest 21. Or at least give people who don't have a graveyard the ability to get one during the event. Looks like I just wasted my time.

There isn't a dead end. I don't (didn't) have a graveyard and I am on 22. This is the only riddle I haven't been able to figure out yet. "Add to your empire."

DeletedUser13360

Does anyone know exactly what the game wants you to do when it says say goodbye to 3 from now or 4 from before and then to decorate? I'm assuming it means tear down some decorations or cultural buildings but want to make sure I'm right first.
I deleted decos , and then built one. Worked for me.

DeletedUser13360

Quest 20, I do not have a graveyard. I have sold a current age building (house) and spent 14 forge points. I have built a cultural building from a previous age and sold it. No reward and the task to sell the graveyard is still open. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance
You have to already have the graveyard. You must build the latest version of the graveyard. Sell that, and you will get one of an upgraded version. If you don't have a graveyard built, but have one from an event in your inventory, build it. Then sell it for the quest.

DeletedUser13535

That's interesting. I'm in AF as well and not done with tech, but that quest auto-completed for me. Same with the stuff related to the province map. It appears that if you're working on the research/provinces that were released with the 3rd part of AF, you're considered to be 'done' with research and the maps.

I'm currently trying to open "Clock Tower Apartments"
Needs 284 promethium and 160 bioplastics

DeletedUser23919

There isn't a dead end. I don't (didn't) have a graveyard and I am on 22. This is the only riddle I haven't been able to figure out yet. "Add to your empire."
"add to your empire" You need to conquer a Province

DeletedUser26887

Does anyone know what to do with #12 event of the Halloween Quest? - "Build a building of every type".

To express my personal opinion; this quest is not so great (the rewards not so good, the time and FP demands too high and some riddles appear to be just ridiculous!!).

DeletedUser26517

Does anyone know what to do with #12 event of the Halloween Quest? - "Build a building of every type".

This is one of the easier and cheaper ones. Build a residential building, production building, military building, cultural building, decoration, road and a goods building. Doesn't matter which age, so bronze age buildings will do, they're cheap. If you don't have that much space, you can build one building, sell it immediately (before it finishes building), build another one in its space etc. All you need is a 3x3 piece of land for this quest and you can complete it in less than a minute.

BigT67

I am having the same problem, all I can think of is that it is a Great Building that we have to build. I dont see anything about it on these forums !!
Quest 22: "Add one to your empire" (Acquire a province)
Go to the continent map and take every sector of a province, so that you control the province. That will complete this quest.

DeletedUser27269

DeletedUser27269

Ok, I'm on task #21 now and have to admit that I'm quite annoyed. I just got forced into a new Age by having to keep spending all these FPs. So, I read the Wikia page on how to complete this task but didn't realize it required me to delete something from my current age. Well, of course since I just entered a new age last night, right now my only options require me to spend diamonds. I think I've just sorted out that I have one decoration I can delete to complete this task, but had I known it had to be something from my current age I would have dedicated all those FPs to my neighbors and guild's GBs instead. The Beta guide didn't specify this, and said I could just delete a road. Of course my new Age doesn't have any roads yet. I ended up deleting one of just about everything trying to figure this task out. It's really got me irked. I haven't deleted the one decoration I think will work to help me complete this task, but the task was unclear as was the guide to this event. I've wasted tens of thousands of coins and supplies trying to complete this one task and it's really gotten under my skin. Am I at least right to assume if I now delete this decoration that I will finally have successfully "Eliminated for Space?" because if I waste more coins and supplies I'm going to be even more annoyed by this task & now this event.