• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tavern looks great and all, but . . .

DeletedUser27649

But the tables are mostly full. Have to visit a table many times just for a chance to get a seat. And end up visiting tables that you have already sat at multiple times just to find the tables that are empty that you have yet to visit.

So, I noticed the icon for the tavern. It is a chair with an arrow pointing to it.

Why not make the arrow golden if I have not visited that table in the last 24 hours?

Why not make that chair golden if there are empty seats available at that tavern?

Or, at the very least, since I visited the tavern but the seats were full, why not put me into a queue like they do at restaurants, and ass soon as I come up in the queue I automatically take a seat?

DeletedUser11128

I would be happy if the chair was red if you have already set the timer. You would still have to keep checking back frequently throughout the day to find a seat on the rest of your friends. I think golden chair is fine just to catch the eye, if you have not been able to sit in that tavern yet.

I think doing everything for you makes it less of a game, but having to check 140 people multiple times per day because you can't remember who you have been successful with is too much trouble.

DeletedUser2927

I propose that the chair Icon disappear from the social bar when you take a seat.

It would function like the crossed swords in the neighborhood social bar and reappear after the 24 hours are up.

DeletedUser27078

It would be very helpful if the little chair would disappear, like the aid button does, once you have successfully visited another players tavern

DeletedUser27652

It would be very helpful if the little chair would disappear, like the aid button does, once you have successfully visited another players tavern

Agreed....It would be nice that once you contribute to a Tavern if it would be indicated somehow...right now it seems to be a guessing game on who you can contribute to and to whom you have already successfully contributed.

DeletedUser2355

Agreed....It would be nice that once you contribute to a Tavern if it would be indicated somehow...right now it seems to be a guessing game on who you can contribute to and to whom you have already successfully contributed.
Ok so go support mine at the link above. This thread is not formatted properly.

DeletedUser26773

Get rid of the 20 removal rule - it is annoying a lot of players and it defeats the purpose of the tavern, for people to interact. If the problem is players using global chat too much then just create another chat channel for it. Players will be a lot more active in the game without this silly rule.
While your at it, remove the friends list limit, again, another silly rule that only serves to annoy players and impedes game play.

ITown

Proposal
Some User Interface enhancements are needed for the tavern.

Current System (if applicable)
1. Currently the tavern icon provides no indication of who is available to be visited.
2. Currently, the icons in the tavern do nothing when clicked on.

Details
1. Grey out the tavern button when it is full, or if you have visited in the past 24 hours.
2. Enable people to quickly make contact with their friends from within the tavern. Make each player icon a link, which allows you to choose choose between "visit tavern", "visit city", and "write message".

Abuse Prevention
This cannot be abused.

Visual Aids
None currently.

Conclusion
Make taverns great again!

SwampMoose

Make the tavern icon a bright orange color like the AID buttons which change to gray after you click them.
And/or add TAVERN VISITS to the EVENT HISTORY to track visits, etc.

DeletedUser26660

Another way to work it until Inno implement anything is to go to your Tavern and click on the avatar of anyone there, it then gives you options to visit the Tavern of that person, it takes you straight to their Tavern and puts you in a seat if you have not yet visited that day, I have been doing this when I check my Tavern and that way I am returning any visit favor.

DeletedUser10019

This only makes sense. I wrote to support about this and they are already considering implementing something to show available seats, possibly with a timer like the aid feature.

DeletedUser27661

I suggest that you create some color coding to the chair icon so players can easily identify taverns they can visit. I suggest the following color coding;

Green - The 24hr limit has expired and there are seats available to visit.

Orange - The 24hr limit has expired but there are no seats available

Red - The 24hrs limit has not expired

I understand that the tavern is a work in progress and that improvements are on the way, and suggest that these suggestions I have provided will make it more user friendly.

3l3v3n11

I was coming to see if this proposal has been added as of yet. So to write it in the proposal format as needed:

Proposal
Orange when needing to visit / GRAY after you have. Icon will turn orange when you are able to visit again such as the "AID" icon does.

Current System (if applicable)
Nothing is being replaced.

Details
Currently the tavern button does not allow you to see if you need to visit or cannot visit. This is frustrating because with our friends having different amounts of chairs I cannot visit them all at the same time. Therefore, I need to revisit some later to see if there is a seat for me. I do not remember who I have visited before and who I am still needing to visit. If the icon was gray for those I have visited before I could see who I have left to visit from my friends list. Then I am not having to visit EVERY friend to see if I had visited their tavern yet.

Abuse Prevention

Visual Aids
Just orange for "needing to visit" and Gray for "Those who I have already visited".

Conclusion
No additional comments. Above states it all. :) Thanks!!

ITown

Oh my gosh. Either I'm imagining things, or Innogames actually implemented #2 already, after I proposed it. Maybe someone else beat me to it on beta?