• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Help with battle strategy

DeletedUser28042

What am I doing wrong??

I can't win an evenly matched battle. I watch strategies on youtube, read about different setups, and still can't win. I am in early middle ages and use archers and ballistas or 2 mercenaries, 2 ballistas and 4 archers. I've watched players beat the crap out of high middle ages and I am so frustrated...

Algona

You might want to describe the situation a little more clearly. Where are you fighting, PvP GE Continent GvG? What troops are you fghting against? Is it just one particular fight or are you having problems with most fighting? What bonuses do you and your opponents have?

DeletedUser28042

You might want to describe the situation a little more clearly. Where are you fighting, PvP GE Continent GvG? What troops are you fghting against? Is it just one particular fight or are you having problems with most fighting? What bonuses do you and your opponents have?

So far my battles are pvp block and continent. The fights I lose are typically to long range. I had read and watched a video that using all long ranged is best against everything, including high middle ages. I do ok unless they have a color guard or drummer. I check to make sure I'm out of range as to not get hit first, I use the terrain, and attempt to get rid of long range first, the fast, then slow.

There must be a strategy I missed or what fights I should avoid.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DeletedUser10415

using all long ranged is best against everything, including high middle ages.

This is bad information.

It'd be helpful if you told us what units you are facing.

Otherwise, fast units, up to a point, annihilate ranged units, and light units that can use bushes and forest as cover on the approach do pretty well against them too.

DeletedUser8152

The easiest thing is to pick a particular battle that you're having trouble with and tell us exactly what your opponents are, what the setting is (continent vs pvp) and what you have available.

DeletedUser27023

In addition, you may be reading and watching information from years ago. The game has changed a lot over time. For example, archers use to own the battle but I seldom used them. They were very situational.
As others have said, you will need to be more specific if you want help.

Jase249

So far my battles are pvp block and continent. The fights I lose are typically to long range. I had read and watched a video that using all long ranged is best against everything, including high middle ages. I do ok unless they have a color guard or drummer. I check to make sure I'm out of range as to not get hit first, I use the terrain, and attempt to get rid of long range first, the fast, then slow.

There must be a strategy I missed or what fights I should avoid.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Can you give a specific example of a fight you lost and are not sure why, with the details of who was on each side?

If you're having trouble with fighting I'd recommend staying away from PvP until you get the hang of it. Make friends, not enemies, at least until you fill up your friends list and get a feel for the military aspect.

Well, one or two enemies is OK; they keep the game interesting :)