• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

NEW NEIGHBORHOOD MERGING SYSTEM Feedback

barney001

OH yeah? How in the SAM HILL are we supposed to do this:

"As a closing remark we need to mention, that especially the very first merging will most likely put everyone into neighborhoods without any known faces. Therefore, if your neighborhood is very stable and you have some people that are important to you in it, please make sure that you add them to your friends list before the merging".

I swear these people don't even play their own game.

DeletedUser15356

Obviously will wait and see how the change plays out, but as a military-oriented plunderer it seems the change will take away the advantages to that strategy. Do the whiney people who get plundered (and never AIDed BTW!) realize that having so many barracks takes away my ability to produce as many goods as they can? The plundering dynamic is a cornerstone of interaction in this game it seems to me like you will be neutering the game.

I also don't feel rewarded from working from last to almost first in my hood. I would vote NO.

DeletedUser15356

Neighborhoods are not broke, the ability to attack outside your era is.

not true - I've kept armies of all eras to play in all the PvP tower competitions - one of the only real challenges this game presents....

DeletedUser15356

I understand the idea, and do wonder sometimes about a 4 million point spread. Possibly 2-3 ages, or 1-2 million points could better solve this objective. Personally, I like the broad level diversity in the hood, and I like the variety of players who shift in and out of the hood. The game is more interesting, and I enjoy having newer players on my friends list.
-Regarding adding neighbors to friends, as suggested in the game message--I can't add friends even though I only have 92 friends. When I do, I get the prompt "you've already added 80 players into your friends list", when actually I've only added about half of those myself. Can the friends list be either expanded or re-calculated to allow me to invite 80 of my own choosing? In order to invite some hoodies, I would have to delete some long-standing and fun players. All of us could potentially be in this situation with the proposed adjustment.
-How will newer players find the right guild? How will they find new friends with GB's they want who they know from experience will regularly Aid? In my experience, playing alongside a newer player gives me a chance to observe good potential for guild recruits. It lets them rub elbows and check us out before joining. My son for example is a newer player stuck in a hood with mostly newer, non-guilded players who don't bother to Aid or build GB's that he can earn prints from. He is quickly losing interest in the game because so many are his level, and are passive.
-Consider including GB levels in the neighborhood placement calculation. Players who intentionally pause research in order to level their GB's are probably also the ones who would like to be in a more advanced hood, since they will want to collect goods for GB's several ages higher.
-I agree with the goods problems outlined above. The GB's I'm most interested in building next are several levels above my town's age. While my guild is excellent, the majority are not Arctic so high level goods are scarce. Some on my friends list will trade high goods, but only for very large fp donations... i'd rather not buy my goods that way, and prefer paying the occasional 1fp charge for a neighborhood trade.
-I tend to be an optimist and think the game is generally fine. But I do think that certain people are more likely to get involved and offer comments or criticism or trigger changes such as this, while the quiet majority do not comment because we kind of like the game the way it is. Not to say change isn't desirable. It's a game, we can adjust, but it's better when the game is fun.
thanks, Anon

Good point : "I do think that certain people are more likely to get involved and offer comments or criticism or trigger changes such as this, while the quiet majority do not comment because we kind of like the game the way it is!!!!"

Don't like being plundered? - Message the person, AID them, be their friend or... COLLECT ON TIME!

DeletedUser11155

I haven't heard those concerns as for the reasoning behind changing hoods but talking to guildmates and friends over the years, the issue I hear the most is that the lower players get plundered by a couple in the hood in which they can not fight back. Many have quit the game due to that.

I would rather see you put the people that like to plunder (hood PVP) in the same hoods since they like to fight and put the ones that just want to play the game without the bully aspect (hood PVE - Player vs Environment) in a separate peaceful hood. This way we can have anyone from any era (good for trade) in the same hood and talk to each other and help out the lower level ones, when needed. Also, taking a lower person out of a hood reduces some of their ability to get higher BPs for GBs they will be eventually putting down (through M/P'ing and investing in our GBs). They can only get the hard to obtain BPs from their advanced guildmates. Lower level guilds with mostly lower level players will suffer.

Us higher level players get contacted all the time about what we did in our cities and why. Many guilds recruit from the lower levels in a hood after seeing how the lower levels M/P and take trades. By separating the highs and lows it separates contact. Just my thoughts....

Bob the Elf

If a player wants to fight/plunder against others of their own approximate strength, then this is great. If a player wants to trade and build relationships and advance their city, then this will kill that ability. The later is harder, the former changes the overall point of the game and not for the better.

DeletedUser25412

Have a question, how can we add someone to our friends list, when if we get rid of some that don't aid, we are not allowed to add someone, because you say we have already used our 80 invites. I think that if we get rid of people that don't play we should be able to ask someone who we know does play. I know alot of people feel this way also. I think the neighborhood merger will help the lower level players from being plundered by the big players that have troops you have never heard of. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

DeletedUser27137

Have a question, how can we add someone to our friends list, when if we get rid of some that don't aid, we are not allowed to add someone, because you say we have already used our 80 invites. I think that if we get rid of people that don't play we should be able to ask someone who we know does play. I know alot of people feel this way also. I think the neighborhood merger will help the lower level players from being plundered by the big players that have troops you have never heard of. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have to agree 100% here.. I have removed a lot of friends because they either don't aid/help or went inactive and cannot add more.. the 80 invite limit needs to be removed

XENA27

Happy to wait and see how this will work out and sitting on the fence for now, BUT...

The suggestion to friend some of your hoodies by Sunday is unrealistic. Most players are maxed out on invites due to the Tavern feature. I don't think I'm alone to request for the 80 invites limit to be removed. What is the purpose of it anyway, you don't actully get 80 invites. You get the invite option up to the point when your friends list hits 80 players, no matter how many you invited yourself. If you have 140 friends you'd need to delete 60 friends to invite 1 player. Please give us 80 actual invites or remove the restrictions altogether. I guess this will not happen by Sunday. :(

ITown

I have a question: on Walstrand, there are maybe 6 players in Modern Era, a few in Progressive era, and maybe 40-50 in Industrial. Will these players all be grouped together into one neighborhood, even though there is a 2 age difference?

DeletedUser26210

Thank you, and good timing. My neighborhood just had a few Arctic players tacked on to it. One of them (one of the top-ranked players on the server) has been plundering everyone daily, and there's not really anything the rest of us can do about it. Even if we have Fierce Resistance and tons of watchfires, his troops hardly take any damage, so he can do whatever he likes. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I have an actual life, so while I do my best to collect on time, the fact is that this is a game, and having to fret about it makes it much less fun. I had resolved never to buy more diamonds until I'm no longer playing a game that's totally fixed. (I appreciate the developers work and have no problem paying for a game that gives me so much enjoyment, but when it stops being fun, as it has since the last neighborhood change, I stop paying.)

DeletedUser27031

Also, this can affect trade balance. Many players of different ages trade with neighbors and you are removing an advantage of having players from different ages, with different inventories of tradable goods. It is no good to have everyone in the same age fighting for the same goods with no ability to trade cross-ages for goods.

The only negative thing I find is, as mentioned above, impossible to get BP from other higher era than the one you're in. But even when the mixed eras are in the hood, you need to visit someone and aid accordingly to one's need of BP era.

Don't you people have guilds? My guild has people in it ranging from Bronze Age to Arctic Future, and so does my friends list. I have no problem trading goods and getting BPs from any age I want. But I'm EMA, almost into HMA, and last month I got transferred into a hood where almost everyone was AF (except for 5 people who were even lower-level than I am). That is no fun, believe me. I stopped putting any FPs into research and waited, and after two weeks I was transferred back to a nice HMA/EMA hood. And that was the second time I've been put into a hood that was way out of my league.

So I'm highly in favor of the new system. Can't be any worse than the old system, might be better. Try it for a while and see how it really works before you complain, folks.

DeletedUser18724

so if you are at the end of tech...then the hood never changes?

DeletedUser25273

ITown, I suspect that YES, the 'Top Hood' will have a large range of ages, just as the top hoods currently do. The isn't much to do about that except make some very small hoods which would be very unfair to the top players. That is just one of the costs/chalanges to being in the a top dog in a new world (in older worlds the top dogs are all piled up at the end).

DeletedUser26293

"The only criteria that will now be taken into account is era and the amount of Forge Points spent in the tech tree.

This means, that normally, right after the merging occurs, there would be no differences in age within a single neighborhood (with an exception of 14 neighborhoods per world where two different eras will meet)."

Reading through the comments I see this is the main concern or joy of pretty much everyone who bothers to read what's going on with the game; and sadly from what I've seen, most are concerned... as am I. I play alone in 2 of 3 of my neighborhoods for the exact reasons given by Council5657 above. Guilds have become so demanding I can't deal with it. I am only here to play "a game." .... It has been not just 'difficult' but at times nearly impossible to get the bp's I need, not to mention goods, and I fear your new system is only going to worsen my plight in this matter. I have plenty of really nice neighbors who, as Council5657 said, have learned there really is no point in plundering my city - it is well guarded - and who now help out in my tavern instead. .... If you are really wanting to rework the neighborhood,, don't do it based on points and points, do it based upon who is actually playing the game and "helping" their neighbors in whatever areas neighbors need help. (Be it fp's for gb's or tavern visits or m/p, whatever.) That IS, after all, what 'neighbor' means. To me, anyway. Thanks, for letting me share my vote. :)

And just as an added afterthought: Why don't you group neighbors according to what it is they want to do... Put the plunderers together so they can decimate one another with no loss to those of us who actually feel badly to take the goods of another. etc. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

Actually, end of tech tree hood could be unstable getting a random draw of everyone who is at the end of the tech tree. It somewhat depends if they add 'Ranking Points' (or some other measure) as a tie breaker for people tied for Era and FP spent on Tech. There will be a bit of differentiaton at the end of the tree based on techs earlier that were bypassed (like the house tech that takes diamonds to unlock)

DeletedUser28163

We of course will be happy to know your opinion about this new system, so please don't forget to share here!

Your Forge of Empires Team
Find the suggested new System a lot fairer, how can it be, that a AF goonie fights in a PM/CE tournament, and on top of it plunders ?

DeletedUser22610

It's about time!! As a high level player I have personally witnessed the abuse that The top guilds in this game do when you get stuck with the Diamond Guilds in this game. Way too often these people who have reached Ice Age attack everyone in their hood who are in CA, LMA and lower levels every day with troops they have no way of protecting themselves from. As these Guilds and players reek havok on these defenseless gamers many who quit the game because they know they would never be able compeate with these Multi-Million Point players who only get their rocks off by attacking people who could never manage a defense from them. It's bad enouph they live to be bullies and not good gamers. It'll be good for them to only be able to smack each other instead of the defenseless. Right On Inno, you called this one right!! Good luck bullying the people of "S" World now LFR, your days are coming to an end!

DeletedUser14197

I assume this came out in Beta. Did they like it? What were their thoughts on it. Personally, I think it is better to try something than keep doing it the way they have been doing it.

For one, some of the complaints against this change are easier remedied than being in a hood with people ages ahead of you. How can one complain about blueprints when you can delete your friends and add high age friends. It is a possibility, maybe one people don't want to do, but certainly doable, more doable than attacking and beating someone ages ahead of you. And one can donate to gbs of friends. I know I also like to donate to hood gbs, but if I can't it isn't like it ruins the game like being attacked daily by people ages ahead of you. Also, just because you make your way to top of the hood by the old system, does not mean you stay there. I went from top of my hood, to bottom and stayed there for months. Just because you like your hood now and has been in it forever, does not mean a change would not come anyway that you didn't like. I had scouted one of my hoods ages back. I had people I always donated to their gbs. They were in my hood for awhile and than they were gone. So, no matter which system you have, you can get moved out of a hood you like.

I have no idea if this change is good or not, but it sounds like it is an improvement to me. At any rate, it has been very long coming. People have complained about the unbalanced hoods for as long as I have been playing. Of course plunderers like the old system. My guess is people who are normally attacked and plundered will end up liking this system.

I do think that the suggestion by others to have all people who plunder in one hood and alll those who dont' in another hood would also be a way to go. It would probably be complicated, but if they would just let people request to be put in hoods that do not even have the ability to plunder, that also might work.