• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Crystal Villa Rebalancing Feedback

DeletedUser18905

Most here probably don;t have access to the beta server, but they made this change on the beta serveral weeks ago. All hel* broke loose on the forms etc. but after all the complaints and crying all we got was they finally decided to give back any sea-scrapers that had been deleted after the crystal villas went live. Had people in my guild as bad as -25000 in population and no choice but to delete prod and goods buildings and lord knows when they can replace them. Inno knew the sea scrapers were unbalanced BEFORE the even entered them in beta. Several threads were started on the subject. But Inno placed them in beta and a few weeks later into live servers any o how. Any time, any company starts to take the "it's perfectly legal" choice over the "what's best for the user/customer" choice,,well i'am sure you have seen what happens..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

If they did note then WHY RELEASE IT LIVE only to have to nerf it here too????
I'm a bit confused on what you mean. Yes, a user did note the difference and made that concern known on the beta forum. But that was only one person and nothing else was said about it, perhaps that person should have reported it as a bug then maybe but who knows. Should Inno pay attention to the forums? Yes. And I'm not sure what you mean by two months ago. The announcement came 2 weeks after it was released on live. Should they have made an announcement at that time on live that there was a problem? Sure.

DeletedUser26965

The more I have thought about this, the ANGRIER and MORE FRUSTRATED, I have become. Why are we SO FOCUSED on the VERY SLIGHT INEQUITY of this one stinking residential building?

The very TOP PLAYERS in each world have once again capitalized on the Great Building exploits to make this entire game not worth playing. We have players who have turned their entire city into Crystal Flowers surrounded by GBs that EACH GREAT BUILDING is currently at levels 78 and ABOVE - with blueprints unlocking level 2500 or more. They are getting from 200 or MORE Forge Points a day just in GB revenue, that they re-invest into each others GB and earn a 90%+ return, that they re-invest - so they have an unbeatable Attack and Fierce Resistance Defense Bonuses, An unimaginable Forge Point Revenue, 200 % Quest Reward Boost and So On and So On.

BUT NO - WE ARE MORE WORRIED ABOUT REBALANCING A STUPID HOUSE!!!!!!!

OUTRAGEOUS!

Good grief lol, this is a
Crystal Villa Rebalancing Feedback
thread, not a I got a personal gripe so I'll hijack a thread thread. And the ability to level a GB beyond 10 is not an "exploit" :confused:

DeletedUser8420

I'm a bit confused on what you mean. Yes, a user did note the difference and made that concern known on the beta forum. But that was only one person and nothing else was said about it, perhaps that person should have reported it as a bug then maybe but who knows. Should Inno pay attention to the forums? Yes. And I'm not sure what you mean by two months ago. The announcement came 2 weeks after it was released on live. Should they have made an announcement at that time on live that there was a problem? Sure.
additional conversation started heating up on the subject on Nov 18th...so it was noted it was discussed over and over again....conversation continued on Nov 19th...I am reading it now...so this WAS KNOWN you can try to spin it but it is not going to cut the mustard....

DO YOU want names of everyone that wrote about it starting with Nov 17th? The number of times it was talked about?

DeletedUser26965

so this WAS KNOWN you can try to spin it but it not going to cut the mustard
Huh? You can try linking like I do. I'm just saying that to me two weeks is not very long in the online gaming world. If you play online games long enough you find all kinds of things like this happening that take a lot longer to fix. That's why I mentioned rail guns, how long did players get the benefit of an overpowered unit before it was fixed?

DeletedUser28225

The root of the issue is that Sea-scraper is a lot less powerful than Crystal Villa, and since Sea-scraper is a diamond building that is not how it is supposed to be. It's not that CV is too powerful and "breaks the game", no the issue is that a diamond building is now worth less than a regular building.

So instead of lower the values for CV and causing players to significantly alter their cities, why don't you increase value for Sea-scraper? Just make the population number on Sea-scraper greater than the 390 per tile for CV.

By increasing value for Sea-scraper nobody has to change anything in their city today. If they want to re-invest in Sea-scrapers then they can.

Edit: you don't even necessarily need to make Sea-scraper better than CV, just equal since you have access to it as soon as you move to AF. CV is available after going through almost all the tech in the game so far.

DeletedUser26965

The root of the issue is that Sea-scraper is a lot less powerful than Crystal Villa, and since Sea-scraper is a diamond building that is not how it is supposed to be. It's not that CV is too powerful and "breaks the game", no the issue is that a diamond building is now worth less than a regular building.

So instead of lower the values for CV and causing players to significantly alter their cities, why don't you increase value for Sea-scraper? Just make the population number on Sea-scraper greater than the 390 per tile for CV.

By increasing value for Sea-scraper nobody has to change anything in their city today. If they want to re-invest in Sea-scrapers then they can.

Not sure but if I had to guess it might be a matter of what came before and more importantly what will come in OF. In other words if you take all the residential buildings from prior eras and graph them do they fall in a logical cost/benefit progression relative to SS/CV? And what will that look like to the residential buildings in OF?

DeletedUser8420

Huh? You can try linking like I do. I'm just saying that to me two weeks is not very long in the online gaming world. If you play online games long enough you find all kinds of things like this happening that take a lot longer to fix. That's why I mentioned rail guns, how long did players get the benefit of an overpowered unit before it was fixed?

I am saying this was noted OVER TWO MONTHS AGO SO THAT IS much more then 2 weeks. WHEN something is noted as being out of balance WHY bring it live??? It was noted before being here, then they decided to nerf it on BETA they should have put out a warning live AT THAT TIME!!! Simple.

Not one person stated it but....

SI8yer - Nov 18th
qaccy - Nov 18th
podkap1970 - Nov 18th
Adrianoff - Nov 19th
SI8yer - Nov 19th
Pengolodh_sc - Nov 19th...Shall I go on????

IT SHOULD HAVE NEVER MADE TO IN LIVE!!! duh!

DeletedUser26965

am saying this was noted OVER TWO MONTHS AGO SO THAT IS much more then 2 weeks
We're talking about two different things. I'm saying it was released live then two weeks later the announcement came.

I'm not sure why you are posting names and dates without any context or links. I found one person on beta that made mention of it which I linked. [edit: never-mind I see talk later on that same thread I linked of what you mean]

Lots of things go live that shouldn't, that's the nature of online games that have expansions/updates, been that way for 20+ years.

DeletedUser8420

We're talking about two different things. I'm saying it was released live then two weeks later the announcement came.

I'm not sure why you are posting names and dates without any context or links. I found one person on beta that made mention of it which I linked. [edit: never-mind I see talk later on that same thread I linked of what you mean]

Exactly SAME THREAD YOU POSTED. Seems you might have the same problem as INNO, you overlook data that is relevant.

Lots of things go live that shouldn't, that's the nature of online games that have expansions/updates, been that way for 20+ years.

Then if something goes live that shouldn't then expect the snafu to get mentioned A LOT!!!! AND a lot of players to be upset!!! Especially when it was noted 3 weeks before going live....
And in 20 + years the situation hasn't gotten better? THAT IS REALLY SAD!

DeletedUser8420

They when nerf'ing this latest....will be nerf'ing confidence in anything they bring out in the future. I know I for one will be hesitant to bring anything new into the city for a long while....cautious that another notice will be forthcoming.

DeletedUser6540

complete joke
bad enough the rail guns were nerfed but now this
compensation should be made to all players who built these
i am quite sure many would not have reconstructed their city or built these if they were going to change

manlymanman

I am ok with it. Since they are going to refund our deleted skyscrapers, no one is really out anything.
Are you kidding me? Maybe you're happy but I deleted Arcologies to build the CVs. And rearranged my entire city, based on their output. Inno is already testing our patience in so many ways. This is just an insult, and especially since it hurts players who have been around the longest, spent the most, etc.

DeletedUser18905

Only reason I started playing the beta server was so I would be aware of, (want to say shi# but will go with situations) like this. I started changing and moving on my live games almost two weeks ago and am just now getting close to ready for the Nerf. No way I could have completed in it in the time they have given. Even if they give me back my 3 sea scrapers, no where to put them, so really no help. Going to be a lot of messed up cities in the next few days

manlymanman

Really, the developers couldn't come up with an equitable solution? Several have been suggested here. In Western culture, it's accepted that when you commit a tort - and this is a tort - you make the victim whole. There are a variety of ways to do that, and if they have to pay someone overtime to execute a fair solution, just do it.

DeletedUser28227

This is really jacked up. I spent time and money to balance my city and they say "deal with it". It is their fault not mine. Im getting ready to lose 9000 in population because of their mistake. "Reorganize your city" - No. Inno, I pay you money to play this game. You work for me and not vice versa.
If your gonna make a change like this because of a mistake you made, the least you could do is cut loose with some expansions so I can have room to build more residential buildings so I don't have to disturb my production and military buildings.
You have doubled the area that we can build to but have not offered Diamond or Reward expansions.

DeletedUser28227

This is utter non-sense. Do you not even take time to test stuff before you release it? I mean c'mon, how hard is it to throw it on a calc (4,550/4/3=379~) to see how good the building is? You didn't think players would take advantage of that to the max? I now have 22 of these and spent days re-organizing my city to maximize the output, as is the whole purpose of the game.. Now you're saying I have to undo YOUR MISTAKE?! That's 32,780 Population I have to find somewhere, with no room left.. Greattttttt.. I think I'm gonna do what #13 suggests and not do anything..

P.S. I've been playing this game for years and never found a reason to sign-up for a Forum account until this crap.. Get your game in order Inno or I predict a mass exodus~

Amen - Never posted on the forum until now. Im not changing a thing in my city

DeletedUser28227

I don't recall a business ever treating me with as much contempt as Inno is treating me now.

Let's recap:
1. Inno created a building that it now considers "too good"
2. Inno's QA didn't catch it
3. Inno's Beta didn't catch it
4. Rather than own the cost of the mistake (like a business that values its customer would do), Inno now expects me to pay the costs for their mistake with my time.

I can't change Inno's mind but I still choose how to spend my time and money. Their actions just made my decision pretty dang easy.

Yep - It's like a company recalling your car and want you to pay for the repairs