• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which do you support most and why? (Select 1 or more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer1904

Vote Topic 1:
A. Guns don't kill people, I do.
B. Guns don't kill people they just make it easier.
C. Guns don't kill people Gaping holes in vital organs kill people.
D. Guns don't kill people fathers with pretty daughters do.
E. So if guns DO kill people then I guess pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
F. Guns don't kill people technically the bullets do.
G. Coconuts kill more people do every year than guns shoot someone.
H. Guns kill people.

Last edited:

Lucifer1904

A,B,C,D,E,F,G.
If you look at the facts you are more likely to be killed by being hit in the head by a coconut rather than being shot and killed by a gun. And it is not the gun that kills you. Have you ever seen a gun randomly walk into a bank and shoot someone? I think not! If guns kill people then it makes sense that people with guns protect people, yes? What do you think a cop is? You think he is gonna punch the guy with a gun in the face? I highly doubt it.

DeletedUser26549

Vote Topic 1:
A. Guns don't kill people, I do.
B. Guns don't kill people they just make it easier.
C. Guns don't kill people Gaping holes in vital organs kill people.
D. Guns don't kill people fathers with pretty daughters do.
E. So if guns DO kill people then I guess pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat.
F. Guns don't kill people technically the bullets do.
G. Coconuts kill more people do every year then people with guns.
H. Guns kill people.
My response is E. I own guns, I shoot guns. I have zero intention on hurting anyone and I don't like violence at all in real life. But, I would use my guns if I had to, in order to save my life, or someone elses. I'd use my guns to hunt for food if I had to. :) In fact, I just shot my guns yesterday for fun, target practicing!

DeletedUser28015

This post resembles Donald Trump at his press conference ... knows nothing, makes ridiculous false claims, has poor logic skills, attacks everyone who actually does know something and is able to reason their way out of a paper bag, etc. Prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Here are some true statements: Guns are weapons that are sometimes used by people to kill other people. Guns are weapons that sometimes accidentally kill people through misuse. Far more people are killed by guns than by coconuts; in fact, far more people are killed by guns wielded by toddlers than by coconuts. More good guys are killed by guns than bad guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucifer1904

This post resembles Donald Trump at his press conference ... knows nothing, makes ridiculous false claims, has poor logic skills, attacks everyone who actually does know something and is able to reason their way out of a paper bag, etc. Prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
My fact is actually correct about the coconuts. Because A gun does not just kill someone. Someone with a gun would be the one to kill another person. Therefore since guns do not just kill people on their own. The the fact that you are more likely to be hit on the head by a coconut than be shot and killed by a gun is correct. So if you want to argue logic then read what was stated.

DeletedUser28015

My fact is actually correct about the coconuts. Because A gun does not just kill someone. Someone with a gun would be the one to kill another person. Therefore since guns do not just kill people on their own. The the fact that you are more likely to be hit on the head by a coconut than be shot and killed by a gun is correct. So if you want to argue logic then read what was stated.

Again just like Trump. Complete failure to be correct, honest, or logical. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are a somewhat intelligent person and so you could not possibly believe the line of malarkey you're peddling ... you know how dishonest it is. The alternative is worse for you. Here is my statement again:

Far more people are killed by guns than by coconuts.

This is a true statement. It says nothing about guns acting on their own, only about being killed by a gun... cause of death: gunfire. That someone shot the gun doesn't change that. That it's the bullets coming out of the gun and ripping arteries or brains that kill people doesn't change the fact that people are killed by guns. You know that, I know that, everyone knows that, and they all know that you're BSing. Anything further you say will just make you look worse, but have at it ... it's your reputation. Ta ta.

P.S. To head off the dishonest BS: Far more people are killed by people using guns in order to kill them than are killed by coconuts in any way.

P.P.S. If you actually wanted an honest discussion or debate of the pros and cons of guns, you would approach it very differently, but that's not what you're interested in. See http://cerebralarcade.com/2014/11/09/how-to-argue-responsibly/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

OK, just to seriously address the OP question for some reason:
The word "kill," like virtually every word, has a lot of different semantic shades. All the different statements are true in their own way, with slight variations in what "kill" means.

"Guns kill people": true, in the sense that a gun can be the method of someone's destruction
"Guns don't kill people": true, in the sense that guns have no agency and thus can't actually "do" anything themselves.

I find the whole "Gun don't kill people, people kill people" line to be pretty sad. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, I guess you probably don't want innocent people to die. So why made a weak pun about it? If you need a slogan, "Guns save more people than they kill" would more accurately state the pro-gun case.

DeletedUser28015

"Guns don't kill people": true, in the sense that guns have no agency and thus can't actually "do" anything themselves.

In that sense, coconuts don't kill people either, so it's not a reasonable "sense". IOW, "Guns don't kill people" is false, in the same way that "Coconuts don't kill people" is false ... people have been killed by both guns and coconuts.

I find the whole "Gun don't kill people, people kill people" line to be pretty sad.

I would use the word "pathetic".

If you need a slogan, "Guns save more people than they kill" would more accurately state the pro-gun case.

There are far better pro-gun cases, because that claim is false.

DeletedUser13838

Autopsies report cause of death. Now I don't see too many autopsies but in general it will record "gun shot wound" as the cause rather than say "irate boyfriend".

DeletedUser13838

Yes I suppose it's true that technically guns don't kill people but rather ammo does.

Status
Not open for further replies.