• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Proposal - GB fp Return

DeletedUser27750

Open for discussion:

I would like to see my fp returned to my fp bar from any GB that I have contributed to (that has not leveled) where the player/owner said GB has stopped playing. I have many GB's in my list of contributions where the player has stopped playing. Those fp are being wasted. Once the player has become inactive for, say, 6 months+, the fp could be returned to the contributing player. I do not want to waste any further fp in hopes of the player returning. Nor do I want to invest further fp on a losing venture.

I realize that I contributed fp to these players with the risk of no return, but I also contributed with idea that these players would continue playing

Thoughts?

DeletedUser26154

I would like to see my fp returned to my fp bar from any GB that I have contributed to (that has not leveled) where the player/owner said GB has stopped playing.

Love it.
I have four pages of players who quit with my FPs in their GBs.
I've got over 500 FP invested in players who will never return.
But contributing to another's GB is always a gamble.

At the very least, a feature that allows you to remove inactive players from your GB contribution list.

DeletedUser25273

I will also say no. For almost all of the FP I have put on GBs, I have gotten my rewards quickly as they were done via swaps (either swap threads or direct player-player FP swaps). If you 'Donated' to a GB and haven't gotten a reward, that was in part the chance you took. The best I can imagine a person getting in a case like this is what you have LOCK IN in rewards, the reward you have guaranteed earned, regardless of what others might donate.

Maybe for cases like this, there could be an option to 'cash out' of a GB, getting your guaranteed reward, and then your donation becomes in effect abandoned and all you will ever be able to earn on that building is the place you claimed, even if later it turns out that the building is leveled and you would have earned a higher place.

DeletedUser24787

I realize that I contributed fp to these players with the risk of no return
you are self aware some times you take a loss on random donations take it as a lesson and chat with ppl you choose to give your fp to instead of a random player who might lose interest

but your proposal is a no from me

you will also be told to put a proposal in proper format once jaelis appears

DeletedUser8152

Open for discussion:

I would like to see my fp returned to my fp bar from any GB that I have contributed to (that has not leveled) where the player/owner said GB has stopped playing. I have many GB's in my list of contributions where the player has stopped playing. Those fp are being wasted. Once the player has become inactive for, say, 6 months+, the fp could be returned to the contributing player. I do not want to waste any further fp in hopes of the player returning. Nor do I want to invest further fp on a losing venture.

I realize that I contributed fp to these players with the risk of no return, but I also contributed with idea that these players would continue playing

Thoughts?
I'm afraid that we need formal proposals to use the proper format, see the link in my signature. This helps ensure that every player's ideas get a full and fair discussion. For now, I'll move this to the Forge Hall section of the forum for further comment.

DeletedUser8420

Open for discussion:

Thoughts?
I have been thinking of putting up a proposal similar to this. I have experience where a guildie left the guild, left the game, and even took down connecting roads so you couldn't add any more forge points to the GB to level it. I have had HUNDREDS of FPs sitting in that players GB...So I would vote yes on this.

DeletedUser26519

you are self aware some times you take a loss on random donations take it as a lesson and chat with ppl you choose to give your fp to instead of a random player who might lose interest

but your proposal is a no from me

you will also be told to put a proposal in proper format once jaelis appears
Not all donations are random. I have swapped FP with a player that then quits or leaves the game for whatever reasons. He and I traded over 200 FP before he left. He did send me a message saying the game was eating too much of his time. I sure would like to get some of the FP back and at least get him off my GB page.

DeletedUser14536

no. donating is and always has been a risk. you take your chances with little or no gain whatsoever. that's how it is. not all gambels work out in the individual's favor. such is life.

wolfhoundtoo

Not all donations are random. I have swapped FP with a player that then quits or leaves the game for whatever reasons. He and I traded over 200 FP before he left. He did send me a message saying the game was eating too much of his time. I sure would like to get some of the FP back and at least get him off my GB page.

then you lost nothing since you were swapping. You simply didn't get any extra forge points.

DeletedUser15042

I vote no. It is part of the risk vs reward aspect of the game.

DeletedUser27848

I'm currently donating to a couple of players, that have basically shut it down, and the other players, who were contributing also seem to have quit.
Now I have sunk quite a few FPs into those buildings, and if I continue, I could still level their GBs and collect rewards, but at greatly diminished returns, as I'm going it alone.

Previously had a similar situation, where a player just shut down his city, and in that case, I did go ahead and leveled it, and was able to collect off his GB.

Risk, reward...