• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future- Part 1 Feedback

DeletedUser

I did not know that. I was in AF for the last year before GE was introduced. Thanks

DeletedUser8152

I thought relics always gave you units of the age you are in not the age you started GE in as ToR is part of your city. I'm aware that when you start an age in GE and advance during it the chests stay the age previous but those chests are tied to GE whereas ToR is tied to your city, or so I thought anyway.
Probably that's right, I didn't read the post correctly and thought he was talking about the chest rewards.

qaccy

I thought relics always gave you units of the age you are in not the age you started GE in as ToR is part of your city. I'm aware that when you start an age in GE and advance during it the chests stay the age previous but those chests are tied to GE whereas ToR is tied to your city, or so I thought anyway.

Yes, GE is fixed to your age at the time GE begins but relics match whatever age you're in at the time you collect them. Not only for the age-specific units, but all other rewards that are affected by age as well (goods being most notable).

DeletedUser13838

I somehow got 500 diamonds ... apparently through a quest. Anyone know what that might have been from?

DeletedUser2355

Promethium, It seems to be a waste of space, and time and resources. Tech tree use - yeah ok - and used in 4th LVL GE (which I find also a waste of resources for the available rewards) I'm sitting on 7K of promethium and quit mining - so what else is the purpose? No clue on OF?
The whole Promethium thing is a scam to double the costs of research and to drain goods. Very sneaky
To Inno, From a Very Experienced Player who has played the game for several years,

Top 10 ways to improve Forge of Empires (in no particular order),

1. Fix the lag issues and bugs! GVG for instance, is nearly unplayable for some players. Calculation time is WAY TOO LAGGY for EVERYONE! Fix the BUGS!!!

9. LESS CLICKING!!! Yes we want to play your game. We don't need to click 10000 times a day to play it! We don't like clicking through 15 Recurring quests to get to the one we want to accomplish! We don't like clicking hundreds of players to aid everyone....and now with the tavern addition...we click even more to sit at taverns! LESS LESS LESS Clicking!!!

10. Finally, BE REAL WITH THE PLAYERS!!! Stop avoiding the players with real questions and concerns about the game. Some of the topics I mentioned above have been issues for YEARS!!! Give us truthful answers and not "we will look into that" or we are trying to fix that" and then two years pass by with no fix (GVG lag and AF treasury goods for example). If you cant fix it for some reason, tell us the truth and tell us why there is a problem fixing it, or give us some sort of an alternative. DON'T JUST BLOW OFF THE CONCERNS!!!

Thank you for your time.

Stineamite from Noarsil.
Fixing the lag should be all they are working on right now. It should be the # 1 priority. Nothing else matters till this is fixed.
By and large, repeatable quests have remained unchanged since the Bronze Age. The costs to complete them increase as you advance in age. Why is this a problem?

In addition, The quests that ask for you to 'have' something don't appear if you've already above the requirement beforehand. Quests that ask you to 'have' X amount of military units are even more skittish and don't appear if you have more than 2 of a required unit. Taking these facts into account, that means that a player who focuses on repeatable quests is likely going to only have a list of 9-11 (the research quest will eventually disappear and they'll likely see only one of the population quests - are these two even actually recurring?), not 15.

As a final point, the 24-hour production quests, while seeming redundant, are merely a more convenient way of handling a recurring quest that's, again, been available since the early ages. The big difference is that rather than requiring building-specific productions, it's been simplified to merely requiring a 24-hour production. Not even age-specific? If that's actually correct those 'annoying' quests sound like a pretty free way to get some OF goods using blacksmiths. And having it appear multiple times in the list means it's possible to complete more than one quest at a time as well.

Looking at your other post, it sounds like you kinda just want to dumb the game down. I'll concede that GvG definitely has issues with performance, but that's the only part I'll agree with. Treasury goods have enough of a use. Think about it like this - if the Arc, Atomium, and Observatory weren't in the game pumping hundreds of free goods into guild treasuries every day, how would those numbers look? This is what Inno designs the game around. GB goods are essentially a bonus that's grown extremely out of control, mainly due to how powerful the Arc is. If I were to hazard I guess, I'd say that's a contributor to why they 'stopped' adding new GvG maps, in order to curb the advantage a bunch of high-level Arcs give a guild in GvG compared to a guild that doesn't have them. To highlight this issue using another part of the game, Inno could start having technologies require thousands of FP apiece because there are players with tons of SoKs in their cities and large FP banks in their inventories. Would that be fair to the far larger percentage of players who don't have those resources?

Unfortunately, regarding the 'clicking issue', that's just the nature of the beast with a browser game like this. Or heck, just PC gaming in general. But if you think aiding people now is bad, you must not have played when you had to actually visit each person's city and click on a building in order to help them. 5-10 minutes is a lot less time than 2 hours, let me tell you!

Ugh, looking back I think I made this post too long...I almost sound like Stevie.
Oh no not even more recurring quests that I must continually abort.

Finally, From some of my battles on BETA the OF battle backgrounds are very pretty and colorful but it makes it hard to see units sometimes. For example the eels truly hide. Need to stick my face up to the screen to find them. Need more contrast.

DeletedUser13099

Where is Oceanic on continental map? Where is Oceanic on GvG map? And do we access them?

DeletedUser26965

Where is Oceanic on continental map? Where is Oceanic on GvG map? And do we access them?
ipq4p4l.jpg

AA is "the last province we plan to add to GvG (despite the fact that Arctic Future will not be the final stage of the tech tree).

We have decided to go for this solution, as we observed that the main GvG activity always shifts to the latest era over time (which is a natural process). This will be also happening on this advanced part of the map and this is its purpose: be the place where you can always fight with the latest available troops (be it from the Arctic Future or whatever comes after it)."
Arctic Future – part 1

DeletedUser21109

We are very interested to learn what you think about Oceanic Future. Please place your feedback here.

Your Forge of Empires Team
One issue I found in the OF is in the Guild Expedition. It's not awarding OF goods and OF units?

DeletedUser25273

You couldn't have been OF when it started (since GE started Tuesday, and OF was opened on Wednesday), so you are still on a AF GE map. Relics should have advanced though.

DeletedUser13838

If you did, that's a bug because it's counter to how GE has always functioned. Encounter rewards (and the encounters themselves) are set to the age you're in when GE starts.
I did and I'm not giving it back. :)

It could be a special property of the 64th chest.

DeletedUser5111

The Avatars in the tech tree were a terrible idea. Since I first started, I always changed my avatar to match the age I was in and now I have to wait until you come out with a certain part before I can use a new picture. :/ Please put all the avatars in the first part or release them all when the new age comes.

DeletedUser1753

Has anyone received any crabs from the GE unit shrines? Or are they excluded like the behemoths were?

DeletedUser8420

THE WORSE GE prize of all is "added Attempt". I just did 3 battles and each chest was 2 attempts. I closed the window down, to me that is worthless to waste troops just to get attempts to lose more troops....

DeletedUser15042

Has anyone received any crabs from the GE unit shrines? Or are they excluded like the behemoths were?
Yes you can get them in GE. I have a few, but the eels and whatever the flying thing is, have been the majority of what I get.